Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options
1828384858688»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

More mergers ahead

Paramount+ and Peacock in talks to merge.

Both Paramount Plus and Peacock have been working hard to court subscribers in order to further solidify their respective statuses as lasting players in the streaming space, but according to a new report, the platforms’ parent companies could be considering a unique partnership.

The Wall Street Journal reports that Comcast and Paramount have been in recent talks about a potential streaming partnership that could see Paramount Plus and Peacock being offered to subscribers together as a package deal. Along with making access to the two platforms comparatively cheaper than buying separate subscriptions, the partnership would help Comcast and Paramount “produce significant cost savings — from spending on programming to marketing.”

Word of these recent talks comes in the wake of Disney / ESPN, Fox, and Warner Bros. announcing last week that they’re working together to create a new shared service focused on sports — a sign that more studios and networks are beginning to get very serious about collaborating to survive the streaming wars.

Watched  Nicolas Winding Refn, Famous Five this afternoon on the BBC iPlayer.

It was fantastic a great old fashioned family fun story for all ages.

It was a feature lenght episode with a few more of them to come in 2024.

Jack Gleeson hamming it up.

Trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭tomhammer..

'In the loop' looks interesting tonite on BBC

Don't know how I didn't hear of it before . Decent reviews with James Gandolfini in it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I wonder what persuaded Gleeson to come back to acting: he seemed fairly done with it after Joffrey so interesting he has dipped his toes again.

Also, the idea of Nicolas Winding Refn doing Enid Blyton feels like some GPT generated show idea if I hadn't just watched the trailer.

It was probably a very smart choice to step back from acting after his run in GOT and go and enjoy his 20's.

He is a really good actor and can probably now pick and choose what interests him he has a fun role in The Land of Saints and Sinner which I watched yesterday as well.

He also has the co-lead in an upcoming German/Dutch series with Charlie Murphy & Alfie Allen about Europen hackers that get mixws up with the Irish gansters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,051 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Gleeson had retired

That photo reminds me of Mr. Humphries from Are You Being Served being on The Traitors 😄

Wendy Williams diagnosed with Dementia and Aphasia

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Came across Netflix's India YouTube a while ago. A stack of stuff on there not on our radar, I'd say.

Apple TV+ series being shopped around.

The shows cost more than a Billion to make so I guess they need to try and make the money back somehow and being exclusive to Apple isn't making money.

Babylon 5 is dead in the water at the CW

J. Michael Straczynski

It’s just been a matter of time and obstacles. We were going to go with the CW originally, then Warner got it back. Then, we were going to take it out to the market, but then the Discovery purchase happened and that put us on ice for a while. Then, okay, that got all cleared up. And then the strike hits. After that, right as they were literally prepared to send it out the door, the rumor about a merger between Warner and Paramount happened. So, finally, it went out to buyers about two weeks ago. We’re waiting on word from those who have been sent the pilot script. One has said no, but the rest are all still in process. There’s interest from the rest of them. So, we will see where it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Probably for the best given CW was basically strippped down into a completely different type of channel. I doubt Straczynski could have got the kind of money needed to do the show justice from them anymore.

Wonder who the other buyers are.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭drury..

Ukraine enemy in the woods

Puts your daily hassles into perspective when you see what their day is like

Is Ant and Dec parting ways, Takeaway has ended after 22 years

• Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Hopefully….. those boys are past their 'sell by'.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Parting ways? Unlikely.. lads are raking it in.

Still BGT, I'm A Celeb, Limitless Win etc. Takeaway is definitely the more time consuming of those shows I'd say.

Think they indicated Takeaway stopping was a "halt".. it's been in hiatus for 4 years before back in 2009, so wouldn't suprise me if it comes back.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Just turned on Fargo tonight.

Bit mad, and funny. Is it based on a true story?

IFTAs tonight, anywhere airing? Will Oscar winner Cillian show up?

I'm watching RTE IFTA show, Baz failing miserably as host, jokes not landing and Lily Gladstone treated as royalty, standing ovation for presenting, must be the only big "international star" there

Fair play to Oscar winner Cillian who was there, winning again

Advertisement