Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Rugby V Racing 92 Match Thread | Kick Off 16:45 Ireland Time | Sky & BT

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Fardy won the Rugby Championship with Australia in 2015. Are there no medals for that?

He's lost a super rugby final and World Cup final so nice to see him win one

Don't know about medals for the RC. There's no medal ceremony but I'd assume the players are given something after. I wonder how many seasons it took Fardy to win as many games as James Ryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Don't know about medals for the RC. There's no medal ceremony but I'd assume the players are given something after. I wonder how many seasons it took Fardy to win as many games as James Ryan.

Don't they give you a strange looking tin rather than a medal down south?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,211 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I bit the bullet and re-watched the game. It really was a hard slog and there wasn't much entertainment for a casual viewer. But it's easy to see why these two sides were competing in the final. The respective defences were awesome and the collisions ferocious.

But a few moments on the game, particularly near the end, showed why Leinster are deserving champions. They went down 9-12 with ten minutes to go and instead of sticking it up the jumper and trying to eke out a penalty they backed their handling skills and in a move that used forwards and backs to carry, straighten, draw a defender and pass, they moved the ball from their own 10 metre line to Racing's 22 and a few phases later win the penalty to level the game. Backing your handling skills with a wet ball is a sign of a team that has full faith in its abilities. And to do so in such a huge game takes a lot of balls.

What colour card for the shoulder to the head of Tracy at 71:51 game time ? I’ll be honest and say I think it’s red. Crowd saw it and reacted, no mention from referee or assistants and no mention from Sky or any other replays. At very least it is Yellow for no arms and high also with force.

Sorry “Tracy was just dumped on the floor” is the only comment.

What colour card for the shoulder to the head of Tracy at 71:51 game time ? I’ll be honest and say I think it is red. Crowd saw it and reacted, no mention from referee or assistants and no mention from Sky or any other replays. At very least it is Yellow for no arms and high also with force.

Sorry “Tracy was just dumped on the floor”is the only comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

What colour card for the shoulder to the head of Tracy at 71:51 game time ? I’ll be honest and say I think it is red. Crowd saw it and reacted, no mention from referee or assistants and no mention from Sky or any other replays. At very least it is Yellow for no arms and high also with force.

Sorry “Tracy was just dumped on the floor”is the only comment.

Hard to see what really happened in terms of preciseley where he was hit and how he was hit without the benefit of a closer angle.

I reckon the Henshaw off the ball hit in the first half was the most blatantly deserved card in the game by a distance.

Clegg wrote: »
    But a few moments on the game, particularly near the end, showed why Leinster are deserving champions. They went down 9-12 with ten minutes to go and instead of sticking it up the jumper and trying to eke out a penalty they backed their handling skills and in a move that used forwards and backs to carry, straighten, draw a defender and pass, they moved the ball from their own 10 metre line to Racing's 22 and a few phases later win the penalty to level the game. Backing your handling skills with a wet ball is a sign of a team that has full faith in its abilities. And to do so in such a huge game takes a lot of balls.

On the occasions we actually managed to get clean ball to our back line, we looked dangerous and created space. The majority of it went out to Nacewa which he had a mixed time with.

In the opening 40, he was put away by Henshaw once where he scampered down to the 5m line just failing to make it in. He also put in a lovely kick when we got outside them and Thomas had to field it deep in his own 22 where he did very well.

We really missed out on a great opportunity in the second half. Just after the restart, Nacewa got the ball in space and stuck it out on the full. If that stays in, Racing are gathering the ball around their own 5m line with Kearney coming up fast on them (he was offside but looks like they missed it and wouldn't go back to check unless he scored which he wouldn't have). They were completely out of position for a kick down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Buer wrote: »

We really missed out on a great opportunity in the second half. Just after the restart, Nacewa got the ball in space and stuck it out on the full. If that stays in, Racing are gathering the ball around their own 5m line with Kearney coming up fast on them (he was offside but looks like they missed it and wouldn't go back to check unless he scored which he wouldn't have). They were completely out of position for a kick down the line.

If my aunt had balls...

If Robbie Henshaw had a girlfriend from Galway....

:P

Buer wrote: »
    Hard to see what really happened in terms of preciseley where he was hit and how he was hit without the benefit of a closer angle.

I reckon the Henshaw off the ball hit in the first half was the most blatantly deserved card in the game by a distance.

Yeah I agree at normal speed it looks like it’s straight to the neck head. Without other angles we’ll never know where the actual contact was but there were no arms, it was with force and it looked high.

Yeah the Henshaw one is the other one that Barnes and his crew didn’t even look at. That was definitely a no arms shoulder that was late and high enough plus it took him out of the attack which would have helped in the build up.

• Advertisement

Zzippy wrote: »
    If my aunt had balls...

If Robbie Henshaw had a girlfriend from Galway....

:P

He'd be a rubbish player because he would never have won the European Champions Cup. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Oisin Heffernan gone to Nottingham if anyone minds.

Advertisement