Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

African gang beat the sh*t out of two gardai with a baseball bat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

biko wrote: »
    The country of their parents, who also will be deported.
    You only have deport a few families for the rest of the criminals to get the message.
    Getting beyond the point that you're calling for people to be punished for being related to criminals, what would your next move be when those countries tell us to f*** off, as these people (the criminal, not the parents) were not born there, do not live there, and may have never even visited there?

And what would you do with regards to funding the 100,000+ criminals sent here from the US, UK, and just about every corner of the world due to their Irish heritage?

EDIT: Actually having seen your edited line at the end, it's probably safe to assume you're taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Black people who behave like scum are scum. But oh no we must never mention skin colour, we're supposed to be colourblind (even though that concept is racist itself or so I'm told).

Sorry Stalin you can't use your magical superword to silence people.

How is their skin colour relevant?
    The country of their parents, who also will be deported.
    You only have deport a few families for the rest of the criminals to get the message.

If a country cannot be determined because of "no documentation" then deport to Central African Republic and let them find their home from there themselves.

I think you'd fit in well in North Korea.
    _Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Identifying a bunch of criminals as a "black gang" isn't racist if it's factual. Context and intent is everything... something conveniently ignored by those who rush to be offended.

Their skin colour is irrelevant. But the phrase used wasn't "black gangs" it was "the blacks".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

wexie wrote: »
    If it was really as easy as deciding to stop paying don't you think that that would have been the perfect time to do so?

So why do you think that didn't happen?

Could it be Billy is on to something and that the consequences would have been so bad it was worth to continue the foreign aid?

It didn't happen because our government is just too PC.

Billy86 wrote: »
    See, this is what I said about it not being so simple and you not appearing to have thought it through. You don't get to just stop contributing to these bodies while continuing to be a member because you don't want to spend anything.

To do so, we will need to leave some of these bodies. And when we do that, what would your plan for not entirely tanking the economy back to a state where we need lots of foreign aid be?

Great, so when our prison population goes from around 4,000 to over 100,000 how do you suggest we fund this?

You sound like one of these anti brexit people who claim the sky would fall in if people voted for brexit.

Put me in charge of the government and I would cut foreign aid overnight and I guarantee you it would be popular with the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Dr Brown wrote: »
    It didn't happen because our government is just too PC.

right...you keep telling yourself that

Put me in charge of the government and I would cut foreign aid overnight and I guarantee you it would be popular with the public.

Would indeed, right up to the point where people starting seeing the consequences of becoming international pariahs over night.

right...you keep telling yourself that

Also don't forget there is a lot of corruption tied up in foreign aid our government are probably getting kick backs from it.

Would indeed, right up to the point where people starting seeing the consequences of becoming international pariahs over night.

Pariah in the eyes of who ? The US is cutting their aid budget and nobody is complaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Supposin' we did decide to deport people back to thier country of origin and as the plane comes in to land , the air traffic controller says " feck of Paddy , you're not landing here with that shower " , what should we do ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Also don't forget there is a lot of corruption tied up in foreign aid our government are probably getting kick backs from it.

Our president probably is too

lol you sound like a reliable and thoughtful source alright.

you want to back that statement up with anything, anything at all?

I don't think it's really the done thing in this thread.

Our president probably is too

I saw him the other day at the Western Union office, he was acting pretty shifty indeed :D

Here's just one example.

Which in my opinion is just the tip of the ice berg.

http://www.thejournal.ie/irish-aid-uganda-fraud-e4-million-649727-Oct2012/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's clear the current policies doesn't work.
    How about you step aside and let the grownups clean up this mess?

• Advertisement

Here's just one example.

Which in my opinion is the tip of the ice berg.

Doesn't say a single thing about gubberment kickbacks though does it Doc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Mr Varadkar if you could just forward your bank details. And the small deposit by
    western union....

It's clear the current policies doesn't work.

Wouldn't even disagree with you on this one too much
    How about you step aside and let the grownups clean up this mess?

But I think we'd probably disagree on who the grownups are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well, it is rare that the people that got us into this mess will be suited to get us out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheManTheMyth

Why is it beneficial for white people to accept diversity?

It's a fair question, honestly asked. Is there any reason besides "charity"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Its all alt right

New foods and recipies and a bigger gene pool.

are white people not diverse?
    do you think all white people in the world are the same?
    are all black people in the world the same?
    crazy
    why do you think white people just accept other people out of charity? is everyone who is not white, lesser people than white people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

"Feelz" and letting all the other kids in your social media circle know how progressive you are. For a certain type of middle-class lapsed Catholic who thinks they are atheist, a replacement religion, complete with the comforting burden of guilt.

Oh, and for certain large corporations and entities (healthcare, social welfare provision, social service providers, accommodation, etc.) and those on their payroll, lots of new customers.

Acid attacks, terror attacks, knife crime epidemic, honor killings, rape gangs, moped armed robbers, cruelty to animals, are just some of the "benefits" we get from "diversity"

yep, because there are no criminals that are irish born.........

New foods and recipies and a bigger gene pool.

What is wrong with the Irish gene pool ?

Also in the age of internet anyone can find any recipes they want online.

We don't need non nationals for that.

bubblypop wrote: »
    yep, because there are no criminals that are irish born.........

Nobody has ever said that.

The point is that we shouldn't have to deal with Immigrant criminals.

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

White savior complex from the left. Only we can 'save' the third world people, they being incapable of solving their problems themselves. Ironically it's a racist attitude the modern left has.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Nobody has ever said that.

The point is that we shouldn't have to deal with Immigrant criminals.

Nor should we have to find houses for them (or any other criminal for that matter). Might free up a few houses for genuinely homeless persons.

Here's just one example.

Which in my opinion is just the tip of the ice berg.

that tip of the iceberg is a six year old example of not what you said

weak, weak stuff

• Advertisement

that tip of the iceberg is a six year old example of not what you said

weak, weak stuff

Don't you find it strange that when foreign aid was cut by 30% during the crash there was hardly a peep out of anyone.

If the money was really being used to save peoples lives then you think there would be uproar when they cut it.

There is no other government budget you could cut by 30% and there is little or no talk about it in the media. Not even from the ultra liberal Irish Times.

If you ask me foreign aid is nothing but a scam to enrich NGOs and politicians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,675 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Their skin colour is irrelevant. But the phrase used wasn't "black gangs" it was "the blacks".

That's right I did use that phrase and I'd use it again, I wonder do you get as upset when black people say "the whites".

Doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

I do not think or believe that the solution is to deport all foreigners or stop immigration. It would never work.

However we do have a few issues that need to be addressed before it becomes a big problem.
    Young black people(and specifically African) are forming groups/cliques/gangs which is not healthy for themselves or the rest of the population.

Due to my work I'm aware of issues within our schools and colleges where large groups of black young people are ghettoising certain places or areas within these places IE filling certain rooms, corridors in such numbers that it is intimidating others from accessing these locations or just avoiding them altogether. It's low level stuff but again due to my work it's easy to see and it does cause problems. It also appears to be oddly specific to young black Africans . I mean it's something Arabs or Asians just don't do.

I know from experience it is intimidating for others and in "some" cases these groups can be abusive and violent. It is something that needs to be addressed . I don't know how to be honest . I don't believe kicking them out is the answer but the situation needs addressing without the racism card been thrown around and accusations of being a bigot just for acknowledging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

That's right I did use that phrase and I'd use it again, I wonder do you get as upset when black people say "the whites".

Doubt it.

If they used it in the same context as you did I'd consider that racist also.

What is wrong with the Irish gene pool ?

Seems to me it could do with a little chlorine to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭gw80

Well, if its not to your liking you can always jump on a plane and head for the multicultural utopia that is the US OF A,
    No racial tentions over there at all, all integrating beautifully, you,d love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,675 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If they used it in the same context as you did I'd consider that racist also.

Typical leftie calling me a racist when I call it like I see it.

Would you say that about any other race of people or just the Irish ?

Would you say that about any other race of people or just the Irish ?

Assholes and racists everywhere sadly.

So yes I'd probably say that about most races, religions, creeds, countries.

Nothing if not consistent I am

• Advertisement

I do not think or believe that the solution is to deport all foreigners or stop immigration. It would never work.

However we do have a few issues that need to be addressed before it becomes a big problem.
    Young black people(and specifically African) are forming groups/cliques/gangs which is not healthy for themselves or the rest of the population.

Due to my work I'm aware of issues within our schools and colleges where large groups of black young people are ghettoising certain places or areas within these places IE filling certain rooms, corridors in such numbers that it is intimidating others from accessing these locations or just avoiding them altogether. It's low level stuff but again due to my work it's easy to see and it does cause problems. It also appears to be oddly specific to young black Africans . I mean it's something Arabs or Asians just don't do.

I know from experience it is intimidating for others and in "some" cases these groups can be abusive and violent. It is something that needs to be addressed . I don't know how to be honest . I don't believe kicking them out is the answer but the situation needs addressing without the racism card been thrown around and accusations of being a bigot just for acknowledging it.

I think deportations have to form part of the solution if we want to stop Dublin ending up like London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Oikophobia originally described an irrational fear of the home, most specifically appliances found in the home. It's usage has broadened since then to describe an irrational fear or hatred of ones own country and countrymen. I'm not sure its perfect, but it does adequately describe a certain tendency.

I think deportations have to form part of the solution if we want to stop Dublin ending up like London.

What's wrong with London?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Gangs have taken hold....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

What's wrong with London he asks... ffs.

Nothing at all... All the problems are part and parcel of living in a big city.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-43640475

He's probably just got something against the fact that London's murder rate is a lot lower than Dublin's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

thebull85 wrote: »
    What's wrong with London he asks... ffs.

Nothing at all... All the problems are part and parcel of living in a big city.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-43640475
    If London's 2018 murder rate continues at it's current pace, it is set to still be less than half of what Dublin's was in 2017.

So is it safe to assume you think Dublin should try to be more like London in that case, in order to get our murder rate down to be closer to theirs?

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

Some of the highest rates of acid attacks in the world.

Part and Parcel?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Billy86 wrote: »
    If London's 2018 murder rate continues at it's current pace, it is set to still be less than half of what Dublin's was in 2017.

So is it safe to assume you think Dublin should try to be more like London in that case, in order to get our murder rate down to be closer to theirs?

Dublin should be more like London ? LOL

You'd love that wouldnt you?

thebull85 wrote: »
    Dublin should be more like London ? LOL

You'd love that wouldnt you?
    Funny that, I thought you were saying London's murder rate is a big problem? In fact the criteria you used was their murder rate when someone asked what was wrong with London and why Dublin should not be more like them.

Except Dublin's murder rate last year was more than double what London's is on pace for this year. So why is it that you want Dublin to have a higher than Dublin? Or is it that you meant something entirely different to the murder rate when you pointed to the murder rate a few posts up?

• Advertisement
Advertisement