Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chippers/Takeaways in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭lippy88

greetings wrote: »
    A man after my heart. Make sure to get some cheese on the kebab :D

Wow never thought of cheese on a doner kebad sounds niiiiiiiiice!!!
    ZamZams kebabs are probably the worst iv tasted in the town after 4lites version of them!!4lites have seriously fcukd up their doners with mountains of onions!!yuk!as i said u just cant beat the doner in robertos ballisadare!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Gillie wrote: »
    Dominco's in Ballymote.

That is all..

Giiiiiiilllllliiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Where you been?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭lippy88

Giiiiiiilllllliiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Where you been?

In Dominicos obviously:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

lippy88 wrote: »
    Wow never thought of cheese on a doner kebad sounds niiiiiiiiice!!!
    ZamZams kebabs are probably the worst iv tasted in the town after 4lites version of them!!4lites have seriously fcukd up their doners with mountains of onions!!yuk!as i said u just cant beat the doner in robertos ballisadare!:)

You won't regret it,cheese makes everything better.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

For Curry Chips it is definitely Happ Eater by a mile!!!
    I dont like the burgers in there though because they are throwing coleslaw on it. YUCK
    The second best one would be Borza for me but also the Four Lanterns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 N4

What about Riva in Grange ive been there a few times i think some of the fellas that worked in Brozas has it every bit as good as borzas

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Gotta be Robertos for me.

Smoked Cod & Chips for me & Chicken Fillet Kebab for herself.

Next would be Borza.

Not so fond of Happy Eater. OK if you eat in or collect, but deliveries very poor.

4 Lights OK for a Snack Box.

KFC lovely, but no delivery :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Anyone else had any problems with Borza lately? Not as good as it used to be imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Anyone else had any problems with Borza lately? Not as good as it used to be imo.

Yeah same, me and my Dad have moved our loyalties to Roberto's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Am yet to try Borzas, apart form the Battered Mars Bar.

:o

Has anyone tried the place on the enterance to Wine street car park. Think its called Charcoal something, used to be under another name (its beside the video shop).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

for a kebab. best's
    burger and chips. surf n turf
    pizza. bistro
    curry chip.happy eater
    for chicken and chips.kfc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

for a kebab. best's
    burger and chips. surf n turf
    pizza. bistro
    curry chip.happy eater
    for chicken and chips.kfc
    it that you've never being to robertos

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 497 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Monster burger in Surf n Turf

That is all

Surf and Turf Burger in Surf and Turf. Fillet steak,rocket,prawns and spicy mayo in a bap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭locomo

Pity there is no McDonalds or Burgerking in Sligo.
    It would be handy when out on the tear around town with the rest of the class from college. Sligo must be the only town / city with a big third level institution, and yet we cannot nibble something consistent from a MickeyD eurosaver menu when in town. Me not walking a couple of miles to it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

locomo wrote: »
    Pity there is no McDonalds or Burgerking in Sligo.
    It would be handy when out on the tear around town with the rest of the class from college. Sligo must be the only town / city with a big third level institution, and yet we cannot nibble something consistent from a MickeyD eurosaver menu when in town. Me not walking a couple of miles to it.

Plenty of places in town that have better food than McDonalds. I would like to see burger king back though.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Dunlaffin

There is no competition , its Roberto's on Market Street, If you say different , you are wrong. Trust me on this one, I know what I'm talking about. If you wanna get a Kebab however, it's the Sligo Kebab House on Castle Street, but you must eat it in house as it is so big that it cannot be eaten any other way than off the plate. These are the facts.

Tried that Charcoal something place the other day. Its where Mr Tastys was on the enterance to Wine Street car Park. Not a bad place, probably the cheapest of all the kebab takeaways in the town. Only problem kebabs are served open in a tray, compared to wraped in the Kebab House, Zam Zams (still the best) and robertos, so tend not to be as hot by the time you get home.
    Plenty of places in town that have better food than McDonalds. I would like to see burger king back though.

I miss McDonalds. Have to wait till I get home now if I want to go to the toilet.

You cant blame the chipper for your food not being hot when you get it home:p

The Southern Fried Chiken in Roberto's is the only Southern Fried Chicken in Sligo worth eating. It's perfect. Borza's is pretty good across the board, but falls flat on his face for his Southern Fried Chicken. A junior Box in Robertos for 3.80 is yer only man.

Dunlaffin wrote: »

The Southern Fried Chiken in Roberto's is the only Southern Fried Chicken in Sligo worth eating. It's perfect. Borza's is pretty good across the board, but falls flat on his face for his Southern Fried Chicken. A junior Box in Robertos for 3.80 is yer only man.

True, but when its wrapped tightly like the three other places i mentioned it does stay warmer, and together.

:o

And I still have not tried borzas.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DenMan

Roberto's is something else alright. Massive size portions they give you. The chicken is very nice but they put too much lemon juice in it, you can really taste it. Aside from that it's the best chipper place in Sligo :)

I would like to see burger king back though.

Was it in Sligo ? Not too many places in the western world you see a McD or a Burgerking closing, I would have thought.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Was it in Sligo ? Not too many places in the western world you see a McD or a Burgerking closing, I would have thought.

Yeah there was a burger king on O'Connell street were easons is now. McDonalds used to be further down the street were Permanent TSB is now.

My theory is that they used to make the stuff in Mac Donalds out of the leftovers in Burger King. So when BK left it was inevitable that McDs had to go.

McDonalds is the biggest restaurant chain in the world. Also I remember reading they are the biggest owners of real estate in the world. So they cannot be all that bad / someone must eat in them. I am not connected to them, I just enjoy their grub now and again. Also their eurosaver burger @ one euro must be the cheapest burger around....grand as a hot snack for us students. Pity they are not still in Sligo / they would be handy to line the belly in between the pubs and at least the food is consistent there.

Pity they are not still in Sligo / they would be handy to line the belly in between the pubs and at least the food is consistent there.

As a taxi driver in Sligo I am well acquainted with the nocturnal adventures of Sligo's students. I would make a crazy suggestion that you drink one less "cocktail" and head to Roberto's to enjoy the Mon-Thurs Special Offers which are unbeatable. Oh yeah try to save more than two quid for the taxi home as well :D

i like everything in roberto's except the southern fried chicken
    it always way over cooked and soggy
    KFC is the only chicken worth eating in sligo
    what is pizza hut like i hear they are doin an all you can eat for 7 euro?

i like everything in roberto's except the southern fried chicken
    it always way over cooked and soggy
    KFC is the only chicken worth eating in sligo
    what is pizza hut like i hear they are doin an all you can eat for 7 euro?

I like the pizza hut buffet,serious feed.Unlimited refills for 3 bean aswell on drinks.

I like the pizza hut buffet,serious feed.Unlimited refills for 3 bean aswell on drinks.
    sweet might give it a try on friday so then

• Advertisement

I used to rule at the pizza hut buffet when i had an unlimited metabolism. I'm just disapointed that they dont deliver, their pizza beat dominos, four star, and sorry greetings, robertos all but together.

Advertisement