Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chippers/Takeaways in Sligo

Options

Comments

Thanks,i know the place but never been!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Dominicos in Ballymote anyone ?

Other than that either place in Cooloney but four lights is up there but only as a sit in, get cold way too fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Thanks,i know the place but never been!

There's someone from/living in Sligo who's never been to the 4 lights? :eek:

Hotaru wrote: »
    There's someone from/living in Sligo who's never been to the 4 lights? :eek:

Well I don't eat junk food,had two bags of chips since last summer,not too fond of that stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Well I don't eat junk food,had two bags of chips since last summer,not too fond of that stuff!

Me neither but I've at least been in the 4 lights :p

Kinda legendary around Sligo, even if like me, you hate the food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Four lights doesnt do it for me,mind you their breakfasts are good.
    Borza's or robertos for a pizza. Gusto's in collooney is hard bet too,their owned by the borza's aswell,aswell as a new one in grange that I havent seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

Jaysus basquille that picure is a few days old with the smokers own still in it. Smokers own used to be on gratten street before it moved there i think. 4 lights also went to where hayleys on o connell street before it moved up to where mcdonalds was but now i am really showng the age.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jaysus basquille that picure is a few days old with the smokers own still in it. Smokers own used to be on gratten street before it moved there i think. 4 lights also went to where hayleys on o connell street before it moved up to where mcdonalds was but now i am really showng the age.
    Yeah.. realised that alright. It was the only one I could see from a quick Google image search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Stevedore

Jaysus basquille that picure is a few days old with the smokers own still in it. Smokers own used to be on gratten street before it moved there i think. QUOTE]

Smokers Own never moved, it just closed, that's Whyte's newsagents beside the four lights.

Stevedore wrote: »
    Jaysus basquille that picure is a few days old with the smokers own still in it. Smokers own used to be on gratten street before it moved there i think. QUOTE]

Smokers Own never moved, it just closed, that's Whyte's newsagents beside the four lights.
    Whyte's isn't there,it's a new building there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Can I ask what's with the obsession with coleslaw on a burger in Sligo?! :confused: Fair enough if you like it & you ask for it, but as your bog-standard topping?! Don't get me wrong, it's nice an' all but...a quarter pounder should have mayo/ketchup, lettuce, tomato & onion IMHO...
    On the subject of favourites, Picnic Basket in Ballymote does a serious bag of chips for about 2.50. If you're hungry after this, there's something wrong with you! Lovely burgers too... :D
    Four lights is obviously a Sligo thing as well. Don't see the appeal myself of tepid chips & re-heated chicken on a night out. It's nothing wildly amazing.
    I like Robertos (housemates swear by the garlic cheese chips). Best is okay only. Haven't tried the new kebab place on Castle street yet, nor the food experience place. There's also a new one down from where Peter Mark's used to be.
    The Pepper Mill (newly open) in Tubbercurry is really nice if you're out that direction. :)
    I miss Scotty's & McDonaghs from Galway...:')

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I'm not into them myself but i've heard very good things about the new kebab house in Castle street. To quote a colleague of mine

"I'd even eat one sober!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Truley wrote: »
    I'm not into them myself but i've heard very good things about the new kebab house in Castle street. To quote a colleague of mine

just had the chicken shawarma, sober, not the best one i've sampled, but would have it a again, not after a few beers though, could be quite messy, was quite a lot of chicken, salad, and sauce in that naan bread.

will try the doner next time.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Truley wrote: »

Their kebabs are pretty huge tbf

gustavo wrote: »
    Their kebabs are pretty huge tbf
    I was told they are the size of a small child

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

greetings wrote: »
    I was told they are the size of a small child

ah now a teenager at least!

zonEEE wrote: »
    ah now a teenager at least!
    Andre the giant

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

I miss the Dutch chippers...:(:(:(:(
    Lets start one
    Had a dutch chipshop for 12 years in apeldoorn

What's a dutch chipper?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Was up in Sligo at the weekend and had my first Robertos experience. Hands down, the best doner kebab i have ever tried, it was bloody massive too and it broke my heart that i couldn't finish it. Nice friendly staff too.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Not a huge fan of chipper fare either but I would almost drive back up from Limerick for a feed from Roberto's or Gusto in Collooney..... om nom nom nom.. to die for! :pac: :pac: :pac:

i'm actually tempted to drive from sligo to collooney just to sample robertos now

:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

No, no, noooooo Roberto's is on High Street! If you do end up in Collooney though, go to Gusto. You will not be sorry.

No, no, noooooo Roberto's is on High Street! If you do end up in Collooney though, go to Gusto. You will not be sorry.

ah yes, i know robertos now, have passed it many times going to zam zams

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

their pizzas the best in town hands down

Gusto's in Collooney's pizzas are even better than Roberto's,if possible. The chicken fillet kebab in Roberto's was an honour to eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭lippy88

Ok after reading all the comments here about doner kebabs i must say that the best doner kebab in Sligo is definitly the Robertos in Ballysadare!! believe me iv tried all the chippers and this 1 definitly beats all the oders includin its sister chipper on high street!!Deliiiicious

so i tried robertos for the doner, its good, but its no zam zams. will go back though to try the pizza or the chicken kebab at some point.

;)

irish-stew wrote: »
    so i tried robertos for the doner, its good, but its no zam zams. will go back though to try the pizza or the chicken kebab at some point.

;)

A man after my heart. Make sure to get some cheese on the kebab :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Dominco's in Ballymote.

That is all..

Advertisement