Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

That's rough. Do you have your medical & fitness completed?

Hopefully no news is good news.

Everything completed since September 19 applied July 18

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    Ah that's ridiculous. You're a patient man.

Tbh my patience is wearing extremely thin the last few months, considering withdrawing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    Tbh my patience is wearing extremely thin the last few months, considering withdrawing tbh.

Wouldn't blame you

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    Wouldn't blame you

Il get there. There's a lot more people from 2018 competition in a similar position like myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

Il get there. There's a lot more people from 2018 competition in a similar position like myself.

Same position myself, all completed by September 2019, I told my boss I’d be finished up and in the guards by October 2019, The doctor who did my medical said things would start happening quickly so don’t book any holidays and give notice to your employer,, how wrong was he and I 😂😂

Gotta stay strong, we’ve waited this long, surely the finish line is not far off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Same position myself, all completed by September 2019, I told my boss I’d be finished up and in the guards by October 2019, The doctor who did my medical said things would start happening quickly so don’t book any holidays and give notice to your employer,, how wrong was he and I 😂😂

Gotta stay strong, we’ve waited this long, surely the finish line is not far off

if we can take anything positive from this experience lads, at least we showed great patience and resilience through this mess

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Conboy6

Started my application June/July 2017 Everything was apparently sent off for sign off November 2018 then the next month was told nothing had ever been sent to senior management. I was getting differing answers from each of the people I rang and also have a good amount of copy and paste emails saying my application has not yet reached final stage. I’d very much like a letter declining me or an acceptance at this stage so I can move on with my life

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

At least you'll know where your file is then

u5KVSas.gif

We can also agree that covid as ****ed everything up and slowed everything down.

We can also agree that covid as ****ed everything up and slowed everything down.

Definitely!! The vetting office got rogered with applications from people looking to “volunteer as helpers for covid and they all had to vetted. All our files no doubt took a back seat, that amongst other things didn’t help the process

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

Lads ... while I absolutely understand how frustrating and soul destroying this limbo is, I really don’t think emailing the head of HRM’s HR is going to get any of us anywhere.

It’s going to send the wrong impression :( It’s going to make you look impatient and demanding, not traits they will look too kindly upon.

I know you’re all in limbo and I know it’s torture ticking the year off Friday by Friday, but I do genuinely believe they’re as much in the dark about things as us right now - covid tossed any plans or structure they might have had out the proverbial window, and with the numbers rising again, everything they’re even doing right now with the 201s in Templemore is hanging by a thread.

Just think it through before you do/send something that you can’t take back.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

Friday tomorrow.
    Fingers crossed we get an email tomorrow with some sort of communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lozzy123

Is Friday the day that they always communicate?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

They usually send out offer letters on a Friday if there is another intake. For fitness & medical appointments they can send them out on any particular day. Friday does seem to be a productive day for them though especially if they are awaiting management sign off etc. I am clutching at straws

They usually send out offer letters on a Friday if there is another intake. For fitness & medical appointments they can send them out on any particular day. Friday does seem to be a productive day for them though especially if they are awaiting management sign off etc. I am clutching at straws

Yeh let’s hope! I’m growing more and more negative by the day with the increase in covid cases in Dublin etc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

So I've heard from someone who got a place in the last intakes, that on the garda lsm they have 2 intakes lined up for next year. With 211 and 212 waiting for names to be added. So fingers crossed for all who's still waiting that there is still hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Triplek wrote: »
    So I've heard from someone who got a place in the last intakes, that on the garda lsm they have 2 intakes lined up for next year. With 211 and 212 waiting for names to be added. So fingers crossed for all who's still waiting that there is still hope.

Any idea of a time scale?

You reckon it will be just 2 intakes for the year? Or minimum 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

No time scale. Just what is shown on the online format for trainees that a class of 211 and 212 has been put up onto the site. Which is good news. So it seems like no recruitment for this year and 2 definite intakes for next year is intended. Going from that info. Thats as much as it gets for now for info I have.

No time scale. Just what is shown on the online format for trainees that a class of 211 and 212 has been put up onto the site. Which is good news. So it seems like no recruitment for this year and 2 definite intakes for next year is intended. Going from that info. Thats as much as it gets for now for info I have.

which website is it on? any chance of getting a schneakey screenshot

• Advertisement

The rest of us who have yet to do medical and pct may end up completing them and catching up with ye. good news for us bad for ye as there will be a bigger pool for them to send offers to.

im gonna have to re-do my medical anyway but i have been told that OOM is 'actually' how they do go about offering positions. if thats correct I should in theory be on the next intake, but, not very confident in the system to be fair either

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

which website is it on? any chance of getting a schneakey screenshot

The Garda LMS...an internal Garda website and not for screenshotting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Witcher wrote: »
    The Garda LMS...an internal Garda website and not for screenshotting.

exactly I was just about to say..shakey ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

I follow all these posts and am waiting too
    Can I give some advice-
    This is a PUBLIC forum and you don't need an account to view it.
    And before you post can you say to yourself if I'm in the job and look back at this post would I be happy with it.
    Stop posting when you email or contact garda hq your making yourself identifiable.
    The smart phone/social media is getting newer guards in trouble, see the lad who added a girl on facebook when he got her details to enter something in pulse. She put it all over twitter and then complained to gsoc. Dont fc1k yourself over b4 you've even started.
    Not a debate not a conversation I'm just posting an opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

To reiterate what's been said in here already, we live in the social media age. That is both a good and bad thing. Think about things before you post them - would I want a serving member to see this? Would I be okay with a Super or the Commissioner seeing what I'm writing/posting?

If not, then don't post it.

Like this guy.

1) No one is guaranteed a place in the next intake (whenever that may be).
    2) No one has been contacted regarding an offer for the next intake.
    3) Local detectives/serving members have no impact on whether you are offered a place in the next intake. The local sergeant and super give feedback on you following your interview with them. This report goes with your file and will either speak in your favour or outline why they think you are not cut out for a role within AGS. This report will be taken into account by the Commissioner/Final Checks.
    4) When you are in Templemore/AGS, they are extremely stringent about how you present yourself on social media while representing the force. No photos of you in your uniform or videos of you claiming a role within AGS can be posted online without permission from what is essentially a press office.

Just use your brain guys. As most of us are. We'll all get there eventually, just don't lose the run of yourself in the frustration and waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

just want to wish you all the best of luck in the future if AGS ever get back to you, after giving up basically 2 years of my life waiting for contact from them i have resigned myself from the competition this morning with a email to HR. #I am not waiting another 2 years for it which i can see it being,
    2-3 classes next year wont cater for all the canditdates from 2018/19 campaigns yet to go through training, anyways the best of luck to you all, ye deserve it after such a long wait but i am moving on with my life :cool:
    good luck all !!! :D

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    just want to wish you all the best of luck in the future if AGS ever get back to you, after giving up basically 2 years of my life waiting for contact from them i have resigned myself from the competition this morning with a email to HR. #I am not waiting another 2 years for it which i can see it being,
    2-3 classes next year wont cater for all the canditdates from 2018/19 campaigns yet to go through training, anyways the best of luck to you all, ye deserve it after such a long wait but i am moving on with my life :cool:

Best of luck !

Such a shame, it's just terrible that this is what it is resorting to. All the best.

2-3 classes next year wont cater for all the canditdates from 2018/19 campaigns yet to go through training, anyways the best of luck to you all, ye deserve it after such a long wait but i am moving on with my life :
    cool:

So sad that it’s come to this. The system failing as per

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

600 new gardai next year :D was just on rte news

Advertisement