Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

After my interview my oom was 623 2018 campaign everything completed since september 19 waiting on vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Alana123

So people generally go into Templemore faster if they have a lower OOM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Alana123 wrote: »
    So people generally go into Templemore faster if they have a lower OOM?

No it’s how quick the vetting returns , the only time oom comes into consideration is if there is 1 spot left and two candidates up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Anyone email HR today think someone mentioned they are back in the office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

AD07 wrote: »

I just emailed there for the craic, let’s see which automated response I get this time 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Lozzy123

back in the office from what? I didn’t think they had left at all because I was on the phone to them last week. Same thing... we will contact you when we know more.

Sent an email over and didn’t get a reply, that’s a first!! Not even the stupid “vetting outstanding” reply back :\

Lozzy123 wrote: »
    back in the office from what? I didn’t think they had left at all because I was on the phone to them last week. Same thing... we will contact you when we know more.

They have been working from home for the last while but I don’t think it makes a difference if they’re at home or in the office, no news to give is the same wherever they are

Yep, where the admin staff are working from wont make a difference I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

I just emailed there for the craic, let’s see which automated response I get this time 😂😂

Any reply?

• Advertisement

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    Any reply?

No reply at all! Not even the usual automated reply, I’m guessing I’ll get something tomorrow and I’ll post it up if I do

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

I’m in a similar situation, turned 37 in June, applied in 2018. Got in before cut off age, got everything done, vetting been going since July 2019, emailed & rang every week, got sick of the same response, so sent the weekly email & got the same automated response as most of you got apart from this morning, I got my file is under going final checks, please god this is good news. I’m not giving up!!!

Got a reply this morning, just the usual

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Got the same myself today, was really hoping for some progress but it just seems like my file is never going to get past the vetting stage!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

Harveli18 wrote: »
    Got the same myself today, was really hoping for some progress but it just seems like my file is never going to get past the vetting stage!!!!

we were told september was going to be a month with some movement and progress, ye have got to have patience :pac::pac: maybe start panicking on the last day of september, not the first :cool::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    we were told september was going to be a month with some movement and progress, ye have got to have patience :pac::pac: maybe start panicking on the last day of september, not the first :cool::pac::pac::pac:

while i agree with what uv said, people do need to be patient and hopefully this month will bring good news for people :) no need to sound like a dick ;) this is a place for people to voice and share their opinions :cool: no need to sound so brash :rolleyes:

Got the same response 20 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    Got the same response 20 minutes ago.

Same as me, I really thought we would have heard what the story is by now! Bad form from recruitment.

Aaron123 wrote: »
    Same as me, I really thought we would have heard what the story is by now! Bad form from recruitment.

joke man I've applied in 2018, completed everything in septemeber 2019. Application still in progress. When did you apply ?

joke man I've applied in 2018, completed everything in septemeber 2019. Application still in progress. When did you apply ?

• Advertisement

I’m from the 2019 campaign. Have everything completed since the start of February. Just annoying that they have said nothing to us, I know the situation is out of their hands and times were very uncertain for awhile with this virus but realistically by now they should have a plan in place on whether they are taking more trainees or not. If they have a plan and are just choosing to leave us all in the dark without having a clue what’s going on it’s bad form.

I’m from the 2019 campaign. Have everything completed since the start of February. Just annoying that they have said nothing to us, I know the situation is out of their hands and times were very uncertain for awhile with this virus but realistically by now they should have a plan in place on whether they are taking more trainees or not. If they have a plan and are just choosing to leave us all in the dark without having a clue what’s going on it’s bad form.

hopefully we will find out more during the next month or so but I say there will be no more intakes to the college this year.

Id say if anything there might be one or two more online intakes maybe 60 in each ?.

The most annoying thing is they won't tell you a sausage! I asked why my vetting took so long and explained that I was in the defence forces for 5+ years ! All I got back was when its back its back and there is no time limit.

hopefully we will find out more during the next month or so but I say there will be no more intakes to the college this year.

Id say if anything there might be one or two more online intakes maybe 60 in each ?.

The most annoying thing is they won't tell you a sausage! I asked why my vetting took so long and explained that I was in the defence forces for 5+ years ! All I got back was when its back its back and there is no time limit.

Yeah the communication is terrible.. I keep getting an automated email too. Hopefully there is another intake this year but who knows!

Anyone hear anything from their sources? Don’t want to be negative but I’m beginning to get real impatient.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

Lozzy123 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything from their sources? Don’t want to be negative but I’m beginning to get real impatient.

Hi, Yes I am beginning to lose patience on the whole thing. I just wish they would give us some kind of feedback on what is going on. We have been waiting since Feb 2020, surely someone knows something substantial. We have been told "next month" since the start of Covid.

Really fed up myself. Would it kill them to send out and email update?

So so frustrating. I’m still so shocked it’s been this bad. Policing agencies across Europe have a way quicker hiring timeline. Doesn’t make sense.

Literally all they need to do is just come out and tell us what’s happening with an email .... 1) how long they see us waiting for... 2) what are the provisional dates if any to take people into templemore.

There’s also questions to be asked vetting and how long that realistically takes. If some people have been waiting over a year for vetting that isn’t because they have a lot of close contacts it’s because of a bad recruitment system.

Hi, Yes I am beginning to lose patience on the whole thing. I just wish they would give us some kind of feedback on what is going on. We have been waiting since Feb 2020, surely someone knows something substantial. We have been told "next month" since the start of Covid.

I've been waiting since September 19. How do you think I feel 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Crafty_Veteran

That's rough. Do you have your medical & fitness completed?

Hopefully no news is good news.

• Advertisement

Ah that's ridiculous. You're a patient man.

Advertisement