Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2019-20 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭xgronkjabv6pcl

Looking forward to this:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,643 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lakers did something similar to the Nuggets in game 1 if you remember.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lakers did something similar to the Nuggets in game 1 if you remember.

Nuggets only got a couple of points up on the Lakers in Q1 of G1 then the Lakers won handy enough in the end. Possibly up by approx 25 points at one stage.

Last night saw a 45 point turnaround with Lakers up by 32 I believe. I went to bed after Q3 thinking this might end up one of the most lopsided finals I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Looks like Dragic is out for the series with a torn plantar fascia. That’s it, it’s over now. Even if he plays with that injury it’s over. :(

Looks like Dragic is out for the series with a torn plantar fascia. That’s it, it’s over now. Even if he plays with that injury it’s over. :(

Woj has said he's not ruled out, he can put pressure on it, walked out without a boot and he'll be reevaluated in the coming days.

He's been struggling with plantar issues for a while so it's not as acute as some injuries. I expect we'll see him at some stage again but his production will almost certainly suffer further.

• Advertisement

Woj has said he's not ruled out, he can put pressure on it, walked out without a boot and he'll be reevaluated in the coming days.

He's been struggling with plantar issues for a while so it's not as acute as some injuries. I expect we'll see him at some stage again but his production will almost certainly suffer further.

Yeah, but to beat LA, you’re banking on all of your players being 100% fit AND playing at as close to their ceiling as they can. Last night you had injuries to key players, and lots of guys playing at a subpar level.

Throw in LA making a high % of 3s early in the game (and they’re not snacking from deep) and you’re in trouble quickly.

Yeah, but to beat LA, you’re banking on all of your players being 100% fit AND playing at as close to their ceiling as they can. Last night you had injuries to key players, and lots of guys playing at a subpar level.

Throw in LA making a high % of 3s early in the game (and they’re not snacking from deep) and you’re in trouble quickly.

Yes absolutely couldn't agree more but I never said anything contrary to the above.

I was just responding to what you said regarding Dragic being out.

Based on what I've read, he won't be out but like I also said, he will almost certainly be less productive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

I got the Lakers at 3/1 after game 1 Vs the rockets wish I had put alot more on now. Can't see Miami coming back into this at all...

It's one game, they had a banged up team.
    Calling it after that is crazy.

Normally I’d agree, but as I posted earlier Miami to win would have had to have been 100% healthy and everyone performing at or near max potential. We don’t have the former, and given that, we can’t have the latter from those players alone, let alone the ones who are healthy and didn’t perform in game 1.

I can’t see this going beyond 5 now, with a sweep very likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Normally I’d agree, but as I posted earlier Miami to win would have had to have been 100% healthy and everyone performing at or near max potential. We don’t have the former, and given that, we can’t have the latter from those players alone, let alone the ones who are healthy and didn’t perform in game 1.

I can’t see this going beyond 5 now, with a sweep very likely.

lakers were taking over before jimmy shanked his ankle, before dragic done himself in and before bam's shoulder got worse, they were too big and too physical, they basically took the whole 4th quarter off, and when miami got to within 13 they nipped it in the bud and went back up 18 fairly easy.

its difficult to see how a healthy miami would have adjusted, but with players now injured or possibly out for rest of series in dragic's case, i cant see it going to a game 5, i hope im wrong id much prefer it to be competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Doc Rivers appointed Philly coach

Doc Rivers appointed Philly coach

It will be interesting to see what the decision is on Simmons/Embiid.

One of the few coaches who could demand one is traded.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It will be interesting to see what the decision is on Simmons/Embiid.

One of the few coaches who could demand one is traded.

They need a coach who can instill into Ben that he needs to improve his outside shot & take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://twitter.com/FTFonFS1/status/1312037511464710146

Kyrie really be shooting his mouth off like that, huh? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

With regards to Bam's drop in scoring, rebounds and assists he has alot of responsibility put on him in this series on defence so naturally he will not be as productive on offence.
    He went from guarding Theis in the last series to AD in this one. On top of that Spoelstra now has to give more minutes to Robinson and Herro who are defencive liabilities. There is no coming back fro Miami now in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/FTFonFS1/status/1312037511464710146

Kyrie really be shooting his mouth off like that, huh? :pac:

Kyrie is a hard guy to work out I always felt he kind of didn't like being in Lebrons shadow

but I hate Nick Wright he is the polar opposite to Skip Bayless as in he loves LeBron and can't see anything wrong at all to a fault including belittling anyone who challenges him

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Dragic confirmed as gone to. 2-0 coming up for the Lakers.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1312149052654379008?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

14 at the half, reasonable intensity from the Lakers. It’s there for them to lay down a soul crushing statement in the 3rd it they fancy it.

• Advertisement

Yeah they really didn't get out of 3rd gear in the first half, maybe even stayed in 2nd.

Heat hanging around. Lakers doing the bare minimum it feels like. They need to be careful.

They hung around but never really seemed to be mounting a realistic challenge. Couldn't get any bit of a run going.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Yeah they really didn't get out of 3rd gear in the first half, maybe even stayed in 2nd.

My thoughts too, pretty comfortable throughout, always led from mid way through the 1st quarter.

When AD, LBJ & Rondo are putting up those sort of numbers including 54% from deep on 7/13 combined then it's just a near insurmountable task.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I think it’s ball burst for Miami, a healthy Lakers v a beat up Heat is never going to end well.
    Lakers would naturally hold the advantage with their two superstars but with Dragic and Adebayo out its near impossible to keep pace with the Lakers.
    It all feels like a little bit of an anti climax right now, one would feel that Boston would of matched up better but those the rules

It's a weird experience watching LBJ & Davis simultaneously. Davis is dominating in a completely isolated, physical way. There's obv a ton of value in that. He's just physically better than everyone on the court. But the way LeBron completely picks apart the defense every possession, deciphering what the defense is doing and then putting his teammates in the best position to succeed is something else. It's like watching 2008 LBJ & 2020 LBJ share the court together.

Also, the Rondo/LeBron bball IQ just completely obliterating the zone was so impressive. Just about every pass they make has a purpose. LeBron had 9 assists tonight but it could have been a few more.

With all that said, I reckon Spolestra actually came up with a pretty good offensive plan on the night and, sure - the zone stuff wasn’t successful but at least they tried to do something different and cover for their injuries with a scheme. Oh and Butler was immense in a losing effort.

There’s a significant disparity here and I feel certain the Lakers will win the series but sweeping is hard. I expect a massive effort from Miami next game and I reckon it will be a good one on Sunday night.

Congrats to LA. This is over.

Were it a normal season and LA had to travel to Miami with the Miami crowd and a full and healthy squad that might be one thing, but without all of these factors in play it’s just sad for Miami.

I went to bed and halftime, it was clear that the Lakers were controlling things.
    Bam is a huge loss.

It was a David Vs Goliath battle before the injuries.

They're in a good spot with salaries too, only LBJ with a contract beyond next year which is player anyway.

All those expiring contracts will make it easy acquire a 3rd player if required.

Great spot to be in.

• Advertisement

They're in a good spot with salaries too, only LBJ with a contract beyond next year which is player anyway.

All those expiring contracts will make it easy acquire a 3rd player if required.
    Great spot to be in.

They can do what they like and it doesn't matter, the Warriors will be back dominating next year.
    Curry, Thompson, Green, maybe Wiggins if he's not part of a trade, the two young guys Poole and Paschall and then whatever they pull from the second round pick in the draft. I fancy they'll trade out of that draft position.

Advertisement