Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-07-2019, 12:54   #1
samjames

consultant on Glas

my uncle first got a Agric Consultant to get him started in the Glas scheme, he has 18 acres only, he puts through all online himself but the consultant still sends him a bill for 300 euro per year,
Advertisement
01-08-2019, 20:54   #2
samjames

anyone
01-08-2019, 22:09   #3
Dinzee Conlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjames View Post
anyone
Am also in GLAS, paid advisor for plan the first year, and for nitrates plan the second year - and that was it.
No annual charge.
02-08-2019, 01:30   #4
samjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinzee Conlee View Post
Am also in GLAS, paid advisor for plan the first year, and for nitrates plan the second year - and that was it.
No annual charge.
WHAT YEAR YOU ON NOW?
THIS GUY seems to charge same amount every year just for submitting the usual to the department for GLAS and that is it
02-08-2019, 01:35   #5
speckled_park

Teagasc and co only have a plan fee and a fertiliser plan fee over a 2yr period. Your uncle must be with a private advisor, i dont think any actions on his plan would warrant a 300 fee per year, does he do the area aid with the advisor every year? Sounds like a pricy advisor
Advertisement
02-08-2019, 10:11   #6
samjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckled_park View Post
Teagasc and co only have a plan fee and a fertiliser plan fee over a 2yr period. Your uncle must be with a private advisor, i dont think any actions on his plan would warrant a 300 fee per year, does he do the area aid with the advisor every year? Sounds like a pricy advisor
private advisor and he knew the first year and setting it up and then soil samples would cost 300 plus and he done the area aid himself online but when he went to do it this year the advisor had it done but that the first year advisor submitted it with Glas as was always done separately.
02-08-2019, 22:32   #7
Dinzee Conlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjames View Post
private advisor and he knew the first year and setting it up and then soil samples would cost 300 plus and he done the area aid himself online but when he went to do it this year the advisor had it done but that the first year advisor submitted it with Glas as was always done separately.
I am in 3rd year of GLAS I think.

Advisor also submits my SFP. There seemed to be some changes to be made to it last year and this year, on the GLAS side. Rather than fcuk it up, I let him do it.
I pay the advisor 75euro to do this (which might be a good bit in one way, given it’s prob 15 min work for him, but, I don’t want to risk not getting my SFP, so it’s worth it to me)
04-08-2019, 22:12   #8
samjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinzee Conlee View Post
I am in 3rd year of GLAS I think.

Advisor also submits my SFP. There seemed to be some changes to be made to it last year and this year, on the GLAS side. Rather than fcuk it up, I let him do it.
I pay the advisor 75euro to do this (which might be a good bit in one way, given it’s prob 15 min work for him, but, I don’t want to risk not getting my SFP, so it’s worth it to me)
both seem combined this year but 75 for it all not bad
04-08-2019, 22:15   #9
ismat

Is the agri consultant doing work for him each year ?
Advertisement
07-11-2019, 10:07   #10
samjames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismat View Post
Is the agri consultant doing work for him each year ?
yes, but only 10 acres is in the Glas scheme, you could probably submit it to the dept yourself,

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion