Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photos of yourself in your loadout/in the field(Discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Agreed!, i have to get my hands on some stuff, burlap and that and add to it, Honestly i would never have thought of krylon i must give that a go!

Firekitten wrote: »
    mcshape: The ghillie is a little... erm, artificial? It needs more abuse, and some krylon, and maybe other materials woven in to make it apear more natural than its standard 'swamp monster' apearance. Atm to me, it just shouts 'oh a ghillie suit'

it probably worked well because airsofters tend to be as observant as dead badgers... I've hidden from my own team 2m away in just bdus... You may just have the skill to pull it off, regardless of the regge honey monster costume :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Krylon has some benefit, it can change colours, dull things, take away shine, and take edges off patterns. Id add some after the burlap, and other bits.

I find that scrim net, shredded, and an od shemagh shredded quite small too adds to bulk, and density, along with changing patterns from all one style, nature isnt unilateral.

try things, and ajust things, it wont be perfect for a while, but it can get damn close...

This is my ghillie top as a quick example... Its not finished yet, (latest summer system) trousers not included in these photos, but irelevant for the point...
    Back
    DSC00277.jpg

Front
    DSC00279.jpg

It looks stringy in the pictures, but, it looks more grassy outside and in natural light. Suits like this are designed to take natural folliage, this material is designed to simulate the grass layers, dry, in summer, and thus brighter and more tan, with the depth bellow of new greener grass, and shaddow.

The different lengths of material help in the density and bulk of the suit, and providing visual depth that a lot lack.
    hope this ilustrates my point?

nice job!, ill have a go at my own and post a pic when its done!
    Thanks for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Whats that serpa platform like gerrowadat, does it wobble much when you run about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

kinkstr wrote: »
    Whats that serpa platform like gerrowadat, does it wobble much when you run about?

Depends on the weight of the gun and how the serpa's adjusted. if I have the KJW P226 in a serpa, it can flop about a bit if I have to really peg it. The USP is a lot lighter so it's grand, doesn't budge.

It's also a case of making sure the platform is at the side and up high on your thigh, so there's minimal movement (and also that it's on tightly). I've seen lads with serpa platforms down round their knees and they go everywhere.

Also, a belt that's rock solid and won't ever budge works wonders. Don't even bother using a regular belt or a cheap belt if you're going to hang as much off it as I do :-) I use the Bulle US Duty Belt from Flecktarn (http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/ustwb1na.html) -- solid as a rock and rigid.

Grand job, thanks for that, its a USP ill be using so thats good news:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Not sure if your aware though, the USP full size wont fit in most Chinese Serpa holsters. they are designed around the compact platform and the only larger one i know of that fits in the HFC because it has the same trigger guard as the compact.
    I did see a full size holster once on ebaybanned but they seem to be hard to come by.

Yea i was aware of that actually, will just be getting the platform of the chinamen, holster comming from the western world:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

McShape. that Modern warfare loadout is pure win!!!

• Advertisement

Cheers Dude, Thats the PCU Level 5 from ebaybanned, And i was amazed, it did exacly as it said on the tin, Kept me bone dry all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭IR240474

Maybe it's my browser, firefox.. But.. Has someone taken all the photos off this tread? I can't see any...

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Mervenut

IR240474 wrote: »
    Maybe it's my browser, firefox.. But.. Has someone taken all the photos off this tread? I can't see any...

This is the discussion thread!
    The photos are here!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

IR240474 wrote: »
    Mervenut wrote: »
    This is the discussion thread!
    The photos are here!

IR240474 As said above this thread is for discussion

The other thread is for photos only(NO DISCUSSION) and as a result I have deleted all the comments you made in that thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

@ Gandalf

I have to say about your pic of Desert Tigerstripe and AO2 mask onpage 2,

ROFLMAO. You have a sense of humour like a soldier, lol theres a pic of me doing the same pose with an MG3 in my locker hahaha i use it as a motivational poster.

When I saw your pic I almost pissed myself laughing:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

G3-Nut wrote: »
    theres a pic of me doing the same pose with an MG3 in my locker hahaha

Bora, your locker must be huge if you can fit yourself and an MG 3 in there......!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

<snip> - this is a loadout discussion thread - The Master

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Where are those snow pics taken? They are amazing! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Have to agree, they look absolutely class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i would guess they where taken at MAC itself, reminds me the snow we got at cork last year, this year we just got ice :(

I really hope the snow lasts into next week! :) Will be great to test my L96 in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

swiftblade wrote: »
    Where are those snow pics taken? They are amazing! :)
    taken on site today it was amazing, first time gaming in the snow i loved it will put up more pictures later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

must have been hard to tell between the bbs flying at you and the snow:D
    awesome pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

gungun wrote: »
    must have been hard to tell between the bbs flying at you and the snow:D
    awesome pics
    Very hard, took a bit of getting used too

Ok i gota ask Firekitten. Whats with the mixed camo? :p Nah im only kidding great pic. What Aeg is that your using. L85? Hard to tell from the pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

swiftblade wrote: »
    Ok i gota ask Firekitten. Whats with the mixed camo? :p Nah im only kidding great pic. What Aeg is that your using. L85? Hard to tell from the pic
    It's a Tavor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Leftyflip wrote: »
    It's a Tavor...

surprise, surprise,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well as I said Thermo dear, mine works rather well.... No, it wasnt bluster and sticking up for a 'crap gun' why wouldn't I use an aeg that cost me 500 notes if it works? Oddly enough, I happen to like it too.

As for the camo... Why not? It works quite well, and the jacket is a windproof gortex one... nice and warm and dry... the acu trousers are nice... Overall, yes, *sigh* i'll admit its a little SAS in afganistanish, but hey, it works.... I'm not one that gives a flying toss about being photo perfect or not setting foot on the skirmish field unless im in a perfect 'impression'.

After this long playing in most nasty conditions... you wear what works, or what you can be bothered to. Priorities that day were warmth, light colours, and warmth. The plate carrier and belt setup are a regular one of mine... swap out the jacket for a helly underarmour top in the summer... ready to rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I think I hear Masada furiously typing about how the Tavor isn't worth €500 and needs unbelievable amounts of work and such...
    Must say though, ACU does actually work, kinda...

The one place where ACU does work.....snow :rolleyes:

Yep... Its why i wore it.

I was at work the week before, and outside having a cigarette, i looked down at the snow... I had my acu trousers on (Long story.... I work in a club). The acu actually camoflaged my legs quiet well... So when packing my gear i thought... hmm, acu legs, = works for snow and darker lower material, browner desert top for against trees... I was fairly invisible in that stuff from a distance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

acu works fine one it gets a bit mucky, which it will

Yeah, haven't bothered washing it... mud is good :D (well its natural camo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Bit of a late joke here, but I just saw stone.cold's picture in the thread.

I must say it,

Stone.cold must have had cold stones that day!

...gets coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Looks like you need different glasses from that pic Firekitten. Appears to be a large gap between the upper rim and your face.

Jeez puding, i nearly had a heart attack, thought you were posting pics of yourself in MULTICAM!.. :D

Tim, looks like a cool loadout, you got that top pretty quick huh? now all ya need is the accent. :D

Masada wrote: »
    Jeez puding, i nearly had a heart attack, thought you were posting pics of yourself in MULTICAM!.. :D

Tim, looks like a cool loadout, you got that top pretty quick huh? now all ya need is the accent. :D

Thats not the 141 Version Richie, Thats the Classic Ranger Green Shag Master

Ahhh right, i see., looks cool all the same., :)

Ahhh right, i see., looks cool all the same., :)

and it was SUPER warm :D

You know you must have one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Very cool Tim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

McShape that first photo could easily be the first leaked scrren from the upcoming Modern Warfare 2 movie, very cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

@ mcshape were did you pick up a pair of those gloves I can't find them anywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,638 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Markom5a wrote: »
    @ mcshape were did you pick up a pair of those gloves I can't find them anywhere!

They're sold nearly everywhere..Ebaybanned, Ehobby, etc etc

Blay wrote: »
    They're sold nearly everywhere..Ebaybanned, Ehobby, etc etc

Great thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Markom5a wrote: »

tsairsoft up north have them, I got them off him for 25-30 for a genuine pair. Love them.

Can get them here for a tenner aswell, their good quality but if ya can get the real ones for 25 blips id go with them.,:)
    http://www.airsoftpanda.com/product_info.php/products_id/1208?osCsid=hedmvl3k9nrjv6gbd7euc5n5j3
    SI-Assault-Gloves-khaki-A02.jpg

• Advertisement

Can get them here for a tenner aswell, their good quality but if ya can get the real ones for 25 blips id go with them.,:)
    http://www.airsoftpanda.com/product_info.php/products_id/1208?osCsid=hedmvl3k9nrjv6gbd7euc5n5j3
    SI-Assault-Gloves-khaki-A02.jpg
    thanks what is the name of the real ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Oakley.

Oakley.
    sound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

removed as im an idout >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Puding, should those pics not be in No Discussion thread?

• Advertisement
Advertisement