Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Ascot, day 2 - Wednesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Happiest following Aidankk myself

today
    Norway/Seaofclass double

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

Sea of Class still drifting on Betfair.

Id say there is a worry she doesnt run on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Think they said they will run today regardless as need the run before King George

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Noticed that for first two days the prices of most runners appear way bigger the next day, just like Cheltenham. Don’t back overnight prices

With the softening conditions might be some big priced winners today - edit; actually saying they missed they heavy rain so maybe not as soft as predicted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

2.30-Divine Spirit
    3.05- Harpo Marx
    3.40- Magical
    4.20- Anna Nerium
    5.00- Robin of Navan
    5.35- Glasvegas

Again no money but just like to pick for each race. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

Anna's Fast and Daughter In Law in the Queen Mary for me, and after watching the Chester Vase I was adamant Norway would win the Queen's Vase.

I have no other fancies but some great races for watching

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Hand on Heart 4.20 @ 50/1 4 places
    Beringer 5.00 25/1 6 places
    Jacob black-Hamilton 4.05 6/1

Small e/w combo

Anna's Fast and Daughter In Law in the Queen Mary for me, and after watching the Chester Vase I was adamant Norway would win the Queen's Vase.

I have no other fancies but some great races for watching
    Have also added Daughter In Law in Queen Mary at 33s with Paddy paying 5 places. Showed some serious pace to win last time and possibly underestimated on account of less fashionable connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

16.20 Red Tea only just beaten into third by I Can Fly last time. Is 4lb better off today against the fav. No worries with the ground. Cracking e.w. price @ 14/1. imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Sh*te talk incoming..

Have to take Doyle's from the Goldophin clan in the 2.30 first, Theory of Time (12/1). 2nd favourite of Appleby's two but has the best jockey on board - he also should have went to the Albany Stake but he is here instead. Andy Holding makes a good case for him also, has put him up as 1 of 3 selections for the race. Worth a punt in an unpredictable race really.

In the 3.05 I think Dashing Willoughby will improve again up another 2f. I don't think the race was ran right for him when he finished close 3rd behind Norway at Chester. He set quite a slow gallop from the start. This will be a much different race now and probably will be a more staying test. Norway probably has his measure but at 10/1 he is worth a few pound.

For the 3.40 its hard to know. What I don't like about Magical is her prep... a lot of racing in Kildare against the same opposition who she was always going to beat 3 times. Can't fault her 2nd to Enable in the US but Sea of Class probably should have turned over enable herself. I might have to eat my words but I think Crystal Ocean is out of his depth here. The value is in Sea of Class at 4/1 but small bet - hard to know if she ready and fit enough.

Serious value in the 4.20 available thanks to I Can Fly taking a super short 7/2, which I think should surely drift before the off... Based on that price everyone should be having Red Tea at 16/1. But I prefer the Agrotera, Preening and Rawda form better. From their race at Kempton I would take Preening at 20/1 out of it.

Well done if you can back a winner in the last 2 of the day. I'm not even gonna guess at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

But surely most professional punters make a profit year on year. That doesn't mean the punter or Hugh Taylor for that matter will tip the winner of the 4.05 in Hamilton today.

Southern Rock wins this I think.

Have also added Daughter In Law in Queen Mary at 33s with Paddy paying 5 places. Showed some serious pace to win last time and possibly underestimated on account of less fashionable connections.

That was my thinking too. Her form is solid in its own right, whether that will be good enough today is another thing but worth chancing at a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

But surely most professional punters make a profit year on year. That doesn't mean the punter or Hugh Taylor for that matter will tip the winner of the 4.05 in Hamilton today.

Southern Rock wins this I think.

Harvey dent southern rock r/f

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

That Peter T Fornitale, thinks Kimari has a huge chance. He's a very decent us racing tipster, and has been right plenty of times in the past about ward runners.

That said i'm really blindly following wards bullets in these 5 furlong 2yo races. Ground is getting better by the minute (once it doesn't rain again)

Of course i also stuck in Love Bracelet, in a fun lucky 15 that will change the name of BetVictor to BetAidan if it comes off.

aidankkk wrote: »
    That Peter T Fornitale, thinks Kimari has a huge chance. He's a very decent us racing tipster, and has been right plenty of times in the past about ward runners.

That said i'm really blindly following wards bullets in these 5 furlong 2yo races. Ground is getting better by the minute (once it doesn't rain again)

Of course i also stuck in Love Bracelet, in a fun lucky 15 that will change the name of BetVictor to BetAidan if it comes off.

Kimari ran 2 seconds faster than Anna's Fast in their Keenland maidens. slowly away and bustled to lead. kicked impressively for home 2 out and readily drew clear. Anna's Fast though broke smartly and led at a nice steady pace. Jockey never moved on her and she drew clear very cosily. Im taking a chance on her on that run but may not find anything off the bridle but double the price so thats my 2nd worth an ew wager

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

kimari
    agrotera
    new graduate

all 7s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Wide open. Went E.W on Kimari 15/2 and also E.W on Tango at 10/1

Good man Lanfranco

great finish between Frankie and Velazquez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Do you tend to get you’re money back for a horse that doesn’t leave the trap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Do you tend to get you’re money back for a horse that doesn’t leave the trap?

Depends on the bookie. Who was it with?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Nice pick MH

Earendil wrote: »
    Depends on the bookie. Who was it with?

Paddy power done the bet through the app and it’s coming through as a loss so I’d imagine it’s a no

No if the horse comes under starters orders in the stalls or at tape(in the case of NH races) then the bet is in play. By the letter of the law it is classed as a loser unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Paddy power done the bet through the app and it’s coming through as a loss so I’d imagine it’s a no

They strictly don't have too. PP are not the worst and have been known to refund refusers before, hang tight they could review it.

Did the horse leave the stalls ?

Ickworth i assume.

BHA reviewed and horse was classed as a runner. So only way you get your money back is if the bookies offer some sort of concession.

Just got a 5 euro free bet, fair play to them considering they didn’t have too.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Just got a 5 euro free bet, fair play to them considering they didn’t have too.

Oh my sweet summer child :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I see a gamble going on Dashing Willoughby. Nathaniels' definitely like soft ground and the horse should stay. not sure about 5/1 though.

• Advertisement

I think i rathered the old 2mile Queens Vase race. Granted there have been 2 decent winners since the changed the conditions.

Advertisement