Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ledwill Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tej29

We had it added to ours before signing.

You mean it was already there or had to get it added ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭localscientist

Tej29 wrote: »
    You mean it was already there or had to get it added ?

Our solicitor requested it to be added, it was not there already

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

Does anyone know are the houses in Ledwill park timber framed houses or traditional bricks and mortar?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Timber frame

• Registered Users Posts: 15 RedJen86

Hi, has anyone here bought on The Park or The Way and queried what the story is with the creche? It’s showing on the site map at the top of the road but in the most recent planning permission in May 2019, they got permission to move the creche. So if they do move the creche, I can’t see what will be there in it’s place? Anyone know? We’re still waiting on our loan offer to sign contracts. I’ve asked my solr to query it before we do but just thought I’d ask here. Cheers

• Advertisement

Its being built where it was initially planned and due to open sept 2020.
    RedJen86 wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone here bought on The Park or The Way and queried what the story is with the creche? It’s showing on the site map at the top of the road but in the most recent planning permission in May 2019, they got permission to move the creche. So if they do move the creche, I can’t see what will be there in it’s place? Anyone know? We’re still waiting on our loan offer to sign contracts. I’ve asked my solr to query it before we do but just thought I’d ask here. Cheers

I had asked about Creche to Sales Agent in Jan before booking. He said it will be built as shown but they still need to get someone will operate it so not sure when it will be open. But I think if they will change the location later based on May 2019 permission then they should not be advertising in old location on 2020. So I hope it will be next to The Park and The Way.

Our Solicitor allowed to sign without offer letter based on Approved in principal with the clause of Subject to loan offer.

I asked my solicitor that this clause was already there in contract or if they got it added. He said it was not there before but they had done lot of contracts in Ledwill and they had requested initially so now it already added. But from some responses it appears that it is not there. So I think it is based on who the solicitor is and if developer knows that solicitor will ask to add so they are already including it...This is my theory :-) may not be true....

Perfect...

Thanks so much. Hopefully they get someone to buy it as we have a 14 month old who’ll hopefully have a sibling in the next few years. Be so handy!

• Advertisement

I had asked about Creche to Sales Agent in Jan before booking. He said it will be built as shown but they still need to get someone will operate it so not sure when it will be open. But I think if they will change the location later based on May 2019 permission then they should not be advertising in old location on 2020. So I hope it will be next to The Park and The Way.

Our Solicitor allowed to sign without offer letter based on Approved in principal with the clause of Subject to loan offer.

I asked my solicitor that this clause was already there in contract or if they got it added. He said it was not there before but they had done lot of contracts in Ledwill and they had requested initially so now it already added. But from some responses it appears that it is not there. So I think it is based on who the solicitor is and if developer knows that solicitor will ask to add so they are already including it...This is my theory :-) may not be true....

Thanks so much. All big estates have to have a creche built now but it’s whether the developer can then sell it or not. Otherwise they can put in for change of use. But I imagine this one will be sold as there is huge demand in the area. We’ve already put our name down in the one in Chambers Park and Brayton Park for this time next year!
    We have AIP for our loan but the solr wanted the full loan offer letter to issue before we sign. They were waiting on the valuation to be done and we should have the letter tomorrow all going well. I’ll still be looking for the clause to be in as our offer will still run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DianeMc2018

Hi all
    Can someone tell me are there 3 bed semis left to buy?And what might a completion date be if so?

We’re currently house hunting and saw these last year (when the HTB hadn’t jacked up the prices yet). I’ll love to know if we get our approval in principle through in next few weeks would there be a house available and ready before the AIP runs out (6 mts)

Best to ring sherry Fitzgerald in Maynooth. They will know the craic.

Hi all
    Can someone tell me are there 3 bed semis left to buy?And what might a completion date be if so?

We’re currently house hunting and saw these last year (when the HTB hadn’t jacked up the prices yet). I’ll love to know if we get our approval in principle through in next few weeks would there be a house available and ready before the AIP runs out (6 mts)

The only 3 bed semis in this phase are the type C which has the attic window done to facilitate a 4th bedroom. We bought a 3 bed end of terrace but I think there were only 2 of those available in the current release. Contact Sherry Fitz and they might have a site map for the next phase.

The only 3 bed semis in this phase are the type C which has the attic window done to facilitate a 4th bedroom. We bought a 3 bed end of terrace but I think there were only 2 of those available in the current release. Contact Sherry Fitz and they might have a site map for the next phase.

Also, you’ll never get a new build completed in 6 months so it’s more often that not that you’ll have update your approval before draw down. We got our full approval and valuation done this week so that will last 6 months but in August we’ll have to resubmit some docs to get the approval extended. They gave us a completion time of Q4 2020 x

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Marti_88

When we looked in the sales office on Sunday there was just 1 three bed left, the 5 bed detached and a 4 bed sparrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Lilmiss82

Hi, could anyone tell me what broadband provider they've gone with? We've recently moved in and no providers can find our post code? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pablosd9

Lilmiss82 wrote: »
    Hi, could anyone tell me what broadband provider they've gone with? We've recently moved in and no providers can find our post code? ��

I'd imagine the underlying infrastructure will be provided by Eir like it is across most of the country.

Lilmiss82 wrote: »
    Hi, could anyone tell me what broadband provider they've gone with? We've recently moved in and no providers can find our post code? 🤔

Virgin media and eir both have their lines running into the houses. I went with Virgin for tv and BB.

Virgin media and eir both have their lines running into the houses. I went with Virgin for tv and BB.

Is it Fiber optics or normal ?

• Advertisement

Is it Fiber optics or normal ?

Fibre

Great :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AndyB94

Has anyone gotten or taken floor plan measurements of the rooms in the Sanderling C? Looking for measurements to roughly price furniture/flooring ect. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ek2020

Hi all,

Myself and my partner have put down a deposit on a house in the latest phase, due to be completed around October this year. We have paid our part of the 10 percent deposit, that will go along with the HTB grant. We have also signed contracts with our solicitor a few weeks ago, and the valuers from the bank completed their valuation on the property.

Obviously with all the uncertainty with the corona virus now I'm wondering where we stand if the property prices fall dramatically between now and October?

We are both still working full time fortunately at the moment so I'm hoping that the bank will still honour our loan offer but if the construction comes to halt and the completion date is pushed back a long time, and the banks tighten their lending, would we be affected?

Just wondering if anyone in our position knows where we all stand, and are still going ahead with the purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

I can’t see prices dropping dramatically between now and October, maybe a small bit but that won’t put me off buying, they’ll go back up again.

I can’t see us having an issue with the banks providing our ability to pay doesn’t change.

They’re building at this point and they’re flying up. If a halt gets called I can’t see it being for 4 months+.
    Personally not worried at the moment.

You said you were given a date of October. Heard a few different dates at this point and wondering if they’re delivering the phase in stages.
    Mind telling me roughy where you bought, like The Park 1-10 or 11-20 etc ?

We’re in the same situation. There is a clause in the contract to say it is subject to loan approval. If the market were to change dramatically between now and completion, it protects you from being locked into that price as there’s no way the bank will issue a loan for more than the house is worth. So Glenveagh would either have to agree to a lower price or you’re back to the drawing board. I’d rather that than have just drawn down a mortgage for a house, only for the prices to then suddenly drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ek2020

We bought in the way, they said October but I was taking that with a pinch of salt even before all of this. Good to know that there are others in the same situation. The main thing we were worrying about was being able to complete the purchase so hopefully it will all work out and the construction continues. I'm sure Glenveagh will do everything to avoid stopping construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AndyB94

As said there is a clause in the contract that the purchase is subject to loan offer so this will protect you if anything significantly changes, i personally cant see it being affected too much to be honest unless your personal circumstances change.
    We had a call from the agent last week just letting us know that Glenveagh had been onto them and said building is going ahead as normal for now anyway.
    They seem to be flying up I was there nearly nearly 2 weeks ago now and it looked as though 1-11 The Park was mostly upto roof level with alot of the block work also done on first few and the scaffolding up as though they were starting 12-17 from what we could count.

Timber frame. They literally go up in a few days

AndyB94 wrote: »
    As said there is a clause in the contract that the purchase is subject to loan offer so this will protect you if anything significantly changes, i personally cant see it being affected too much to be honest unless your personal circumstances change.
    We had a call from the agent last week just letting us know that Glenveagh had been onto them and said building is going ahead as normal for now anyway.
    They seem to be flying up I was there nearly nearly 2 weeks ago now and it looked as though 1-11 The Park was mostly upto roof level with alot of the block work also done on first few and the scaffolding up as though they were starting 12-17 from what we could count.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Marti_88

Has anyone heard an estimate of how long the restrictions will push back this build on the park? I'm guessing well into next year

Advertisement