Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling Podcasts

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Some really good podcasts this week sorry for double posting.

I generally really like Cabana's Art of Wrestling podcast anyway. Not to be a tease but I really don't want to give away specifics as it is better for people to go in cold but this week's show with PAC is pretty special as PAC seems to take a huge step personal development wise during the show and I am really proud of him for openly talking about it.

Colt Cabana managed to salvage the Dolph Ziggler interview that he did over Christmas :)

tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Whatever happened to the Boards podcast?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Charisteas wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the Boards podcast?

I think it was said in another topic it may be coming back soon. If so, I'll say I'd love to get involved. I've become a major fan of Review-a-wai, and the non-wrestling Rooster Teeth podcast, and I'd love to take a crack at doing one with people :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

If you do want to do it then consider hitting up (I was going to mention Charisteas lol) Diabhal, walter, even BH! there's no reason you couldn't get it going :) actually any of the lads who did write ups for old ppvs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Unfortunately it became really really hard for us to schedule doing it with us all working or in college. And we where having more and more technical problems (I think TBC's Laptop wasnt picking up voice recording's or something like that) but if anyone wants to revive it, give it a whirl, i'd definitely help you out whatever way possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Cheers for the mention. I started them knowing myself personally that I could do it for a few weeks while I had the time. When free time started becoming rare I stopped recording them and TBC continued on doing cool interviews. Couldn't recommend it more though as it was very fun to do.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    If you do want to do it then consider hitting up (I was going to mention Charisteas lol) Diabhal, walter, even BH! there's no reason you couldn't get it going :) actually any of the lads who did write ups for old ppvs

I must do some research into seeing how one goes about it. I know it involves Skype and recording. I'm aware though that I don't want to step on the toes of the people who have been doing it on the boards since before I was here.

I must do some research into seeing how one goes about it. I know it involves Skype and recording. I'm aware though that I don't want to step on the toes of the people who have been doing it on the boards since before I was here.

All ya need is Skype, audacity and a decent microphone. You'd have no reason to worry about stepping on anybody's toes and best of luck with it.

• Advertisement

Well, being unemployed and all, I'd certainly be able to fit my times around those of others. And I think in the run up to Mania, even with just four matches announced, we'd have plenty to discuss in terms of the card and what's happening.

I'll look into setting up Skype and Audacity on my laptop this afternoon, and seeing if my microphone is in ok condition or if I need a new one. If anyone would be interested in doing a Boards Mania Podcast, maybe reply with what times suit or PM me :)

EDIT: 3,500th post :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Just to let ya know I got my mic and laptop all working again, so I'm ready to start it up again if you want to take part :)

Trying to get the first interview for the return set up as we speak

That sounds awesome. Who is it, who is it? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I learned from the whole Mike Quackenbush thing not to name names until everything is sorted :p

After this Friday I'll be game for recording!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I learned from the whole Mike Quackenbush thing not to name names until everything is sorted :p

After this Friday I'll be game for recording!
    if the band are getting back together ill have to clear my schedule!!

I got the chance to interview Kevin Steen earlier today and had an absolute blast. The show runs about an hour and twenty minutes and I'd really appreciate anyone who takes the time to check it out. http://freeadmissionfr.com/?p=1437

Johnny did a great job here. He seems to have a great knack for asking the right question the right way. Kevin is as candid and interesting as ever. Some possibly surprising comments on ROH, Eddie, Davey etc here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Check out my podcast.. we're based in Cork and do a weekly show but also have a whole steam of guests on... Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Roddy Piper, Bret Hart, Jake Roberts, DDP and many more!

http://www.wrestlingvoiceradio.com!

Ok, with only 9 days till Mania, I reckon we should see about recording something, shall we?

Over the weekend, is there anyone who'd be interested in recording something over Skype and seeing if we can provide something worth listening to, in terms of discussion of the Mania card? It was suggested about trying to do one before each PPV which I think could be fun, but we'd have to make sure we give people a chance to listen before it becomes outdated by the PPV :P

Hey bro if ur keen I'd be up for it but I'm not free until Thursday afternoon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I could be on for that!

Thought about making a separate thread:

newera.jpg
    review a wai - april 10th 2000 ‘monday nitro’
    John Pollock and Wai Ting review the April 10th 2000 edition of WCW 'Monday Nitro' featuring the return of Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff.

http://www.podbean.com/podcast-download?b=187445&f=http://lawradio.podbean.com/mf/web/c8srjb/REVIEW-A-WAI-April-10-2000-Monday-Nitro.mp3

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I still watch this Nitro at least once a year. An staggeringly unknowing piss take on that era of Wrestling. The most kiss, kiss, bang, bang, insider swervtastic show ever.

I admit to liking it at the time. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭JoeSnow

Just in case anybody is interested in English indy wrestling, here is an interview I conduced with Andy Quildan, promoter of IPW:UK http://www.wrestlehustle.com/articles/interviews/2012/04/20/hustle-uk-an-interview-with-ipw-uk-promoter-andy-quildan

He is promoting an upcoming show with Carlito and Chris Masters. Unfortunately Kevin Nash was not paid by Italy's NWE and therefore wont be appearing as was originally arranged.

Please let me know what you think of the little interview. Joe

That's pretty cool man, well done.

Moved to the wrestling podcast thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

lads is there anywhere on itunes to download the UK interviews with the WWE lads?

I see the wrestlecast lads have an itunes link, but you often hear of interviews with the UK sun on a regular basis and they are never uploaded

any idea what the best interview podcasts on itunes would be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭JoeSnow

Thanks for the kind words Jaykhunter.

Waited until I listened to it but I posted it. Well it is a really ****ing great.
    I sat in a broom cupboard backstage at the O2 Arena and chatted with professional wrestler William Regal about his life, career and love of British comedy. At the age of 15 he was taking on all comers on Blackpool Pleasure Beach, and now is one of the most beloved and respected performers in the WWE. He has quite the story. As an added bonus we've also included a lecture I gave at part of the ToMax talks project about how I got into variety and cabaret, and why it's so important to me. Thanks for listening!

http://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/mat_ricardos_london_varieties/

Time mark: 14:00

jayob10 you can see above, WrestleVoice does WWE interviews! i'd recommend Live Audio Wrestling; they interview a wrestler practically every week. Just scroll through the podcasts section. Through the years they've pretty much gotten everyone you can think of. Brian Fritz did some as well but his wrestling podcast Between The Ropes fell off a cliff over the last year or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

great AOW interview here with Rockin Randy Ricci

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2012/05/02/aow-93-rockin-randy/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

To anyone who either subscribes to the Observer site, or gets the free podcasts each week, is this man the most annoying person you've ever had to listen to or am I being completely irrational.

He almost has his own 5 moves of doom, the little intake of breath before the big "Hoooooowwwwss it goin erbody", the condescending "Listen everybody" And for some reason, seems to think it is a good idea to invite his Granny on to the show!? I'm almost positive I didn't dream that.

He has an unbelievably annoying tendency to get extremely shrill anytime he is trying to be "passionate" about something.

I ended up giving up on his podcasts because I was getting to annoyed before going to sleep! Finding solace instead, in the laid back stylings of Mr. Wai Ting.

anyone listen? what do you make of him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I prefer Wai Ting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Meh on Alvarez....

Review-a-wai & Aftermath ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Have never listened to the Wai Ting podcasts and only started listening to Bryan over the past 2-3 months but I have to say I find him pretty funny.

I only listen to the WO ones though, I tried the B&V show once but thought it was poor, especially with the granny thing as you mentioned.

Maybe it's because it's somewhat new to me that I don't find him particularly annoying, yeah his voice can grate on the intro alright.

Listened to an AOW podcast last night after previously enjoying the one with Nigel McGuinness and found it enjoyable for the most part but the amount of plugs and ads are pretty ridiculous.

Hooooooooooooooooow's it going everybody, Bryan Alvarez here....

*Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech*

His voice does bleed out of your earphones doesnt it? :eek:

He's a good dude in real life when it counts and he has become amazing successful in a relatively short period of time.

Totally understand why people like and dislike him. Trolling him about it is the charm. Familiarity breeds contempt. :p

Yeah the reason why I listen to Review A Wai is how similar it is to 2005-2007 or whatever Bryan & Vinny shows.

I tried searching for review-a-wai on itunes and it brought me live audio wrestling. Is that what im looking for?

Yes, all of the LAW shows (including Review-a-Wai) is on the one feed.

Although it only has the latest 50 shows or so; if u want to get the mp3 archive of Review-a-Wai go here

Yes, all of the LAW shows (including Review-a-Wai) is on the one feed.

Although it only has the latest 50 shows or so; if u want to get the mp3 archive of Review-a-Wai go here

I'd avoid the LAW, Cannot stand Dan Lovranski.:mad:

I'd've thought Jason Agnew would be far more divisive. How come? Besides the shameless ROH shilling he's been doing lately I think he's pretty cool. All of his reference points are from the 80s lol

I'd've thought Jason Agnew would be far more divisive. How come? Besides the shameless ROH shilling he's been doing lately I think he's pretty cool. All of his reference points are from the 80s lol

I think he's way over critical of the WWE/TNA product to the point where its like
    "everything sucks. don't watch any of their shows ever"

So whats a good comprehensive list of current podcasts that someone who never listens to them could get into?

I could never understand the love for Law. Heard a few of the Raw podcasts and it bores the **** out of me. Lovranksi will ask the Wai fella a question expecting a humourous response that we never get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

CMpunked wrote: »
    So whats a good comprehensive list of current podcasts that someone who never listens to them could get into?

I listen to the Review-a-Raw (from LAW: Live Audio Wrestling) and/or Aftermath(from The Score.com) on a Tues morning and based on what they say, watch Raw that night. They generally tend to disagree with each other. Aftermath is very Pro WWE and positive about a lot of stuff whereas Review a Raw tends to be more negative towards it so they balance out!

Review-a-Wai(from LAW: Live Audio Wrestling): Where they review old ppv's. I find this show hilarious, especially when they are reviewing really **** PPV's. They reviewed WCW Uncensored 2000 recently and it made me go and watch it on youtube to see if it really was that bad (and it was).

The Art Of Wrestling (Colt Cabana) - Comes out on Thursdays - about a 45min interview with a wrestler. Sometimes I've heard of them, sometimes I havent but it's always interesting.

I've tried a few others but these are the 3 I've stuck with.

By the way, I have an android phone and find the DoggCatcher is the best app for downloading the podcasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Granny is a legend. That is all.

I guess it comes with the territory, like Alvarez has a grating high pitched voice but u can get used to it. As with their style of reviewing, it's funny but you couldn't actually get a proper run-down of the show. Granny's awesome too.

The worst I find is Bryan & Meltzer talking. Meltzer always tries to catch Bryan out and make him look stupid/himself smarter. Makes him sound like a real insecure arsehole. It's like he's in highschool or something!

God Diabhal, myself and the OSW lads aspire to be as good as John & Wai, i'd hate to find out what you actually think of us! lol

The worst I find is Bryan & Meltzer talking. Meltzer always tries to catch Bryan out and make him look stupid/himself smarter. Makes him sound like a real insecure arsehole. It's like he's in highschool or something!
    l

Not really get this to be honest.

Bryan can be on autopilot some times yeah. But Dave being cruel or mean isnt really something I associate with him with doing.

i'll have to go back thru my tweets as i listened to a free show a couple of weeks back, and after a couple of instances of Dave badgering Bryan I actually had to tweet Alvarez about it. Meltzer doesn't do it on the LAW (and I haven't heard him talk to anyone else) so from my perspective it's a Dave-Bryan thing.

i'll have to go back thru my tweets as i listened to a free show a couple of weeks back, and after a couple of instances of Dave badgering Bryan I actually had to tweet Alvarez about it. Meltzer doesn't do it on the LAW (and I haven't heard him talk to anyone else) so from my perspective it's a Dave-Bryan thing.

You might be but there seems to be a weird delay on Bryan's setup where Meltzer always seems to be interrupting Bryan or the guest they sometimes have on the line. You are right it never happens on other radio appearances. Dave is on Konnan's podcast on Monday which should be gas. Konnan and Dave have been friends for donkeys:

HORRIBLE quality and total earphone jobby but this is from 1996 Dave looks like such a douche hanging from that bar and chewing gum. Also features a coy Mike Tenay who was a WCW employee at the time who is standing there as Konnan buries everything. Tenay and Meltzer are childhood friends and went to L.A. wrestling together.

• Advertisement

God Diabhal, myself and the OSW lads aspire to be as good as John & Wai, i'd hate to find out what you actually think of us! lol

Yours is very good. Even shows the actual thing so the jokes are far better.

wowsherri.jpg
    Episode 41 – Remembering Sensational Sherri (February 8, 1958 – June 15, 2007)
    featuring Bill Apter, Candi Divine, Marianne Ryan, Lexie Fyfe & “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase

Five years ago today, the wrestling world became a little less Sensational as Sherri Martel passed away at the altogether too young age of 49 years old. On the occasion of the fifth anniversary of her passing, we decided to try and pay tribute to this most memorable of performers by gathering together some of her friends and colleagues to share their experiences and memories. On this very special podcast you’ll hear legendary wrestling journalist Bill Apter, who knew Sherri throughout her entire professional career; friend and rival (and multiple time former AWA Women’s Champion) Candi Divine; non-wrestler friend, confidante and travelling companion Marianne Ryan; veteran wrestler Lexie Fyfe and one of Sherri’s most famous managerial charges, Ted DiBiase – a Hall of Famer in his own right, and the man who inducted Sherri into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2006. A big thanks to all our guests and those people who helped make the show possible. You know who you are.

http://ringbellesonline.com/2012/06/15/wow-podcast-41-remembering-sensational-sherri/

Haven't listened yet but obviously a lot of work went into this and I general like this podcast series.

I'll give it a listen! Couldn't find it on iTunes. Bummer. Gotten spoilt with downloading podcasts via iPhone/iPod :p
    Aftermath is very Pro WWE and positive about a lot of stuff whereas Review a Raw tends to be more negative towards it so they balance out!

I love ur username! I do like Arda & Jimmy but when I found out they were on the Score & so is WWE, so they can't actually speak ill of WWE, I went off them a bit. Was their name change (from Right After Wrestling) due to WWE not wanting them to have the acronym RAW? I do like their positivity but much like WWE Anthology releases, I'm hyper-aware of an almost 'this content has been pre-approved by WWE' label. I like that they don't crap on the product but I hate that they can't. Ask the Ref is def. still worth a listen for some insider tidbits & fun anecdotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I love ur username!

I am waiting for a Van Dulet Industries thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

There used to be a radio show over the pond that did shows after PPVs, is that gone? I think it was The Score.

• Advertisement
Advertisement