Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wrestling Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Am I the only one who finds Chris Hardwick to be so annoying that the nerdist podcasts become unlistenable no matter how good the guest is. Apparently he's a comedian.
    can't stand the guy, not sure whether I find him incredibly overconfident or if his confidence is just greatly exaggerated in my mind by his blandness.
    Been avoiding him for years at this stage though, so I could be way off.

Generally like Pollock, but it definitely is pretty pathetic when you hear him basically being Agnew's cheerleader.
    Agnew is a bit overbearing, but fine enough for radio, I bet his own comedy show things are beyond awful though.

I really like konnan, podcast with Jericho was great asides from all the music stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Listened to the Jonny Storm AOW at the weekend. Quite enjoyed it. Tomasso Ciampa this week.

I am new to this whole thing - what other ones do people recommend?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gimmick wrote: »
    Listened to the Jonny Storm AOW at the weekend. Quite enjoyed it. Tomasso Ciampa this week.

I am new to this whole thing - what other ones do people recommend?

My goodness there's a serious list.

Edit: I began a list and got to 25 and stopped.

Some are really great, most are good and there is few iffy ones. Listen to all the shows in order or just pick your favourite wrestlers - Punk, Bryan etc first.

I'd avoid the one in Austin Texas and the Chuck Taylor ones recently speaking.

Cliff Compton and Luke Gallows are probably the best giggle.

Major, major fan of the series.

Cool. I actually meant other shows as opposed to AOW back catalogue though :o

gimmick wrote: »
    Cool. I actually meant other shows as opposed to AOW back catalogue though :o
    • The old reliable Live Audio Wrestling podcast feed for Review A Wai primarily.
    • Wrestlespective is kind of a more intellectual perhaps pretentious :pac: version of Review A Wai. But Jason the host is a good dude who comes up with interesting shows and approaches.
    • Wrestling Culture I've mentioned before in this thread.
    • MLW Radio is fairly inconsistently quality wise but it is really good.
    • Ringbelles is a podcast about Women's Wrestling and you may not be a fan of it. But the hosts and the fact the women tend to be more interesting than most male indy workers as they have more outside interests makes it a favourite.
    • Interesting People Talk Wrestling is a new one that I like where the hosts finds celebrities and athletes to talk about Wrestling. Can be interesting
    • I subscribe currently to Wrestling Observer. PWTorch and PWInsider so most of my audio comes from that Wrestling wise. Thank good for 3x on my iPhone!

Not something we have discussed before but for podcasts Downcast is a ****ing amazing app.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What happened to Jimmy & Arda's podcast?

Listened to the Jake Roberts AOW yesterday. Really good. His voice is so menacing. I enjoyed the Tomasso Ciampa as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Petey Williams one is still my favorite, purely because of his stories about him and Steiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'm re- listening to both of Cliff Comptons paadcasts. They're always good for a listen!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KuriousOranj

AOW with Ken Kennedy was surprisingly good.Not a big fan of his and I expected him to be annoying as fúck,but he seems like a nice chap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Whilst listening to Review-a-Wai on the bus today, had to bite my lip to stop from laughing out loud when Pollock was talking about Shawn Michaels' attire this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

AOW with Ken Kennedy was surprisingly good.Not a big fan of his and I expected him to be annoying as fúck,but he seems like a nice chap.

Strangely soft spoken considering how abrasive his character usually is.

Quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I'd recommend trying wrestling observer/figure4online at least for one month dave meltzer Brian Alvarez & Lance Storm is on there too sometimes along with other guest wrestlers they also have extensive back catalogue of podcasts going back to 1999
    with guests such as Raven/ Jim Cornette/ Tom Zenk / Ric Flair + loads more.
    http://www.f4wonline.com/
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/jxdmbo
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/e33vse
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/zuyaaj
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/23uftj

EP 2 of Stone Colds podcast is up with guest HBK

http://www.podcastone.com/program?action=viewProgram&programID=436

Haven't listened to it myself yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Listened to half an hour of the podcast and i love the interview but the fact that stone cold kept saying WWF at the start I thought was funny and weird.

Expected more people raving about this.

Yeah it was very good I have to say.

I was happy it was mostly wrestling talk because I thought they might talk about HBKs hunting show a lot more and stuff outside wrestling.

No talk about how amazing and funny episode 3 of the Austin show was? Austin talking about exfoliating, manicures and pedicures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Austin's show would not sound out of place on a GTA talk radio station.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Heard you last time.
    rovert wrote: »
    Expected more people raving about this.

2 days later
    No talk about how amazing and funny episode 3 of the Austin show was?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

No talk about how amazing and funny episode 3 of the Austin show was? Austin talking about exfoliating, manicures and pedicures.

Not everyone listens/watches as much wrestling related content as you rovert. I personally only listen to LAW in terms of wrestling related podcasts, I wouldn't have the time/care to listen to other wrestling podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

When do you guys listen to all these podcasts?

Maybe I'm just totally useless at multi-tasking, but I find that if I'm listening to a podcast whilst browsing the net, I won't take in much on the podcast as most of my attention would be on the laptop.

So the only time I can listen is when I'm commuting to work, 20 minutes each way every day. Hence why the LAW and the occasional Review-a-Wai are my only podcasts.

Two different episodes and they are worth raving about, Jayk.
    Digitalism wrote: »
    Not everyone listens/watches as much wrestling related content as you rovert. I personally only listen to LAW in terms of wrestling related podcasts, I wouldn't have the time/care to listen to other wrestling podcasts.

It isn't a long podcast and even less if you skip the ads. Last episode was barely Wrestling.

Cabana's podcast this week would've been a lot more interesting if it was just him and Brendan Burns talking about wrestling!

I just listen to AOW,Martin Hines interesting people,wrestling with depression and now Austin's podcast.

After listening to the 1st 5 or so episodes of the Stone Cold podcast, I have to say its my new favorite podcast :D

On some of the episodes there is no guest and he doesn't even talk about wrestling just storys about whats going on his life but the way he tells the storys its just entertaining and funny.

I nearly burst out laughing on the bus the other day when he was telling the story about how he nearly **** is pants on the set of "The Expendables".

New episodes every Tuesday and Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Listening to stone colds podcast at the moment pedicure episode very funny.
    Also listening to wrestling soup some bad opinions some good but funny enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

I highly recommend people listen to the latest two MLW podcasts with guest X-Pac. Very entertaining and interesting!

• Advertisement

Listened to the first Austin one and the Chael Sonnen one. Both very good. The Sonnen would was brilliant. I would love to hear Chael interview Austin, as he suggested he do.

Also listened to a few AOWs lately. Tracey Smothers was a decent one as was Kevin Steens. Switched off The Briscoes one after about 10 minutes though. Indecipherable crap.

Advertisement