Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    at least mcgregor fights were exciting, he had power, Gallagher looks feather fisted. Wont become a big star grappling your way to victories.

Conor's gimmick is cringey [or atleast now that's he's a caricature] even when he does it, but he backed it up. Discount Conor hasn't. He beat a guy who he was supposed to beat and celebrated like he won the Title. That's like John Cena beating the Brooklyn Brawler on RAW and proceeds to celebrate like he won the main event at Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jesus I just watched his fight, your mans attempts at defending himself/escaping side control and half guard were amateur at best. He was meant to be a black belt? What joke shop gave him that.

He's 21 only so that's going for him but I couldn't care how good he could get he's totally unlikeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,081 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    True. If anything they should really start using the 10-8s more in rounds like 4 and 5. It seems to just be a thing to let a ref decide if it's a 10-8 through taking a point away.
    rob316 wrote: »
    He was meant to be a black belt? What joke shop gave him that.

He's a black belt since 2014. And the bjj instructor at his academy.

http://crispimbjj.com/Instructors/Jeremiah-Labiano

Mellor wrote: »
    He's a black belt since 2014. And the bjj instructor at his academy.

http://crispimbjj.com/Instructors/Jeremiah-Labiano

Given out like Smarties so, that was actually pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Jesus I just watched his fight, your mans attempts at defending himself/escaping side control and half guard were amateur at best. He was meant to be a black belt? What joke shop gave him that.

He's 21 only so that's going for him but I couldn't care how good he could get he's totally unlikeable.

Reminds me when that Geordie Shore fella was up against an ISKA champ and the fellas striking was awful. Found it hard to believe he was a decorated striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Really looking forward to seeing Dillon Danis progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,081 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ush1 wrote: »
    Reminds me when that Geordie Shore fella was up against an ISKA champ and the fellas striking was awful. Found it hard to believe he was a decorated striker.

ISKA host a lot of low level competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I think cage warriors is meant to be on fightpass but currently contender series is on fightpass?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I was just checking there to see if it was on BT as well but no sign

dashoonage wrote: »
    I was just checking there to see if it was on BT as well but no sign

Not schedueled for BT. It says in their sight on ufc fightpass from 7.30pm. No sign as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I'm watching it through fight pass now. First fight is into the 3rd round.

got it

Dalby v Houston was an absolute bloodbath!

Goddard always trys to be bigger than the fight. It's all about him. I bet you he's checking Joe Rogans and Ariel Helwanis newsfeeds for a mention when he gets home.

califano wrote: »
    Goddard always trys to be bigger than the fight. It's all about him. I bet you he's checking Joe Rogans and Ariel Helwanis newsfeeds for a mention when he gets home.

I thought he handled it excellently. Gave the fighters every chance and then made his decision to call a NC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Who is Cal Ellen? James gallagher fights him to headline Dublin wow I'll skip this so

but1er wrote: »
    Who is Cal Ellen? James gallagher fights him to headline Dublin wow I'll skip this so

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/43163-call-ellenor

8-2 record fought on Bellator Newcastle beating Nathan Grayson who is a decent enough local UK fighter. Not a big enough step up in class for Gallagher at this stage though I don't think. I try and remember that he is only a young lad and maybe the slowly slowly approach is warranted, but then his mouth makes me think otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Got two tickets there this morning for Dublin. Am I right in saying the prices have gone up? Went for the €84 ones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Got two tickets there this morning for Dublin. Am I right in saying the prices have gone up? Went for the €84 ones

The card isn't worth 84 euro

If its anything like the last farce its not worth it. I got free tickets last time, I'll be doing the same this time.
    If they matched the fights evenly it wouldn't bother me who was fighting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I had a great night out at the last one, some buzz in the arena and everyone in good form so I'll be going again. Obviously the actual fights are the only downside.

ASOT wrote: »
    I had a great night out at the last one, some buzz in the arena and everyone in good form so I'll be going again. Obviously the actual fights are the only downside.

Ya what you are there for. Too many there for a sing song the last time and no actual interest in the fights as you got the usual booing and groans when a fight went to the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Ya what you are there for. Too many there for a sing song the last time and no actual interest in the fights as you got the usual booing and groans when a fight went to the floor.

Obviously the fights are the forefront but with bellator I'd never expect to be going for the fights alone as the quality just isn't there. I went last time because it's a struggle to get everyone out at the same time unless there's an event on.

Take Yokkao on at the end of the month on the other hand, I'm going for the fights and fights alone. The card will be better than any card bellator could put on in Ireland quality wise with the way it is for European cards.

ASOT wrote: »
    Obviously the fights are the forefront but with bellator I'd never expect to be going for the fights alone as the quality just isn't there. I went last time because it's a struggle to get everyone out at the same time unless there's an event on.

Take Yokkao on at the end of the month on the other hand, I'm going for the fights and fights alone. The card will be better than any card bellator could put on in Ireland quality wise with the way it is for European cards.

Unbelievable card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

The card isn't worth 84 euro

Especially if Bargain Basement Bin Conor is the main event against another can.

There are 3 Irish fighters on the Bellator card from the USA this weekend. Kiefer Crosbie, Will Fluery and Sinead Kavanagh.

It should be interesting to see how they get on. Crosbie and Fluery are good solid fighters but Kavanagh has been found wanting a couple of times, particularly on the ground.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    There are 3 Irish fighters on the Bellator card from the USA this weekend. Kiefer Crosbie, Will Fluery and Sinead Kavanagh.

It should be interesting to see how they get on. Crosbie and Fluery are good solid fighters but Kavanagh has been found wanting a couple of times, particularly on the ground.

I like Kiefer but Will doesn't impress me too much.

I like Kiefer but Will doesn't impress me too much.

The guy Will is fighting looks very limited though and is coming off a long layoff. I think as long as Will travels well he wins the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Fleury seems to have a suspect chin so reckon if he gets cracked by this dude hes in trouble.

• Advertisement

Any other Irish guys on card outside SBG?

Advertisement