Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Easy 3-2 to the challenger. 1,2, and 5.

Don't know what big John was on about no 10,8 to mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Nah moussai lost 3 rounds to 2 I'd say. Lovato done **** all damage but controlled the fight well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'd give that 3-2 to Lovato on that last round.
    Mousassi looked good for 3 and 4 but the last round was all Lovato.
    Very close on the score cards though depending how they look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Don't think iv ever seen so many posters im agreement here on something in a long time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Delighted for Lovato!!!

• Advertisement

Amazing final round.
    I reckon he took round 4 off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Whats with all empty seats

Jaysus the wife wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

John was wrong about the 10-8 round in the 3rd. He was being dominated for 3 minutes before coming back. If anything you could make a case for the 4th round being a 10-8 for Gegard because he was all over Lovato for the entire 5 minutes. Hitting him at will, defending every single takedown, controlling the pace. Very close fight though.

Deffo the right decision there. Dunno where the first judge got 47-47 though.
    Also, his missus is a cracker

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    John was wrong about the 10-8 round in the 3rd. He was being dominated for 3 minutes before coming back. If anything you could make a case for the 4th round being a 10-8 for Gegard because he was all over Lovato for the entire 5 minutes. Hitting him at will, defending every single takedown, controlling the pace. Very close fight though.

By that logic round 5 was a 10-8 as Moose did Sweet Fanny Adams.
    He literally had no offense whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Jamiekelly wrote: »

3rd round gegard only came into it at the end. No 10 8s for me not enough aggression to score a round 10 8

Well done Lovato.

He done well to keep the submission attempts at bay, plus that body lock would have drained whatever energy he had left, so the fact he survived the round is in itself an achievement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

True. If anything they should really start using the 10-8s more in rounds like 4 and 5. It seems to just be a thing to let a ref decide if it's a 10-8 through taking a point away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Enjoyed that fight.

All the momentum was with Gegard going into the final round. Lovato really did well to come back and win back.

Gallagher looked poor again. I wasn’t even sure he was getting the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

dave1982 wrote: »

Complete and utter unlikeable tool, takes a swig of whiskey at 01:50 and i swear his lips are sealed shut :pac:

Well that artem Paulie fight was absolute dirt. 10 mins my eyes will never recover

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Shocking fight...Artem's kid even fell asleep watching it was that boring. Paulie loves the sound of his own voice something terrible too, couldn't get him off the mic afterward.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

oh my god that James Gallagher interview. . . ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

callaway92 wrote: »

Is he an mma fighter or A Conor Mcgregor impressionist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

He will go nowhere, hes **** on the feet. Unbelievably unlikable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Oh Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 12,743 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The Nal wrote: »
    Oh Jesus

That doesn’t even begin to describe it. My god, he he has the same head movement as Conor when he talks. Cringeworthy. Why on earth will nobody tell him how stupid he’s being??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

"No one has a mindset like me in this game" Talks for 5 minutes about panic attacks and not wanting to fight :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

dave1982 wrote: »

"I have the strongest mindset" Said with a straight face after nearly withdrawing from the fight due to panic attacks. What is this twit going to do when he has to face some serious competition? That's like calling other guys phonys while putting on a horrible Conor impression.

No way is Discount Conor going to enter the FW Grand Prix Tournament. He'd be eaten alive.

Who's James Gallagher?? OH!!!!! You mean Discount Conor. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,990 ✭✭✭✭rob316

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    "I have the strongest mindset" Said with a straight face after nearly withdrawing from the fight due to panic attacks. What is this twit going to do when he has to face some serious competition? That's like calling other guys phonys while putting on a horrible Conor impression.

No way is Discount Conor going to enter the FW Grand Prix Tournament. He'd be eaten alive.

He fought some half decent already and got knocked out. His last fight in Dublin was embarrassing how bad your man was. This isn't boxing it's MMA, bellator are fooling no one with this padding records nonsense.

rob316 wrote: »
    JohnMc1 wrote: »

He fought some half decent already and got knocked out. His last fight in Dublin was embarrassing how bad your man was. This isn't boxing it's MMA, bellator are fooling no one with this padding records nonsense.

Bandejas isn't even half decent he's ****e too

rob316 wrote: »

Bellator are definitely trying to make him their poster boy. Which makes me wonder if this Conor wannabe act is his own doing or someone is putting him up to it. It won't do him or Bellator any favors. People will eventually just say "If I want to watch a Conor McGregor fight, I'll watch a Conor McGregor fight. Not someone putting on a bad impression." and tune out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

at least mcgregor fights were exciting, he had power, Gallagher looks feather fisted. Wont become a big star grappling your way to victories.

Advertisement