Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

rubadub wrote: »
    just remember the buyer on ticketmaster has to pay quite high additional charges. But there are currently no tickets on sale so you should be OK.

i.e. I have seen people trying to sell resale tickets for gigs far from selling out a and even if seemingly below face they increase to well above face with all the fees.

They've been on toutless now for more than a week, I'll see if I can work out what sort of discount I'd need to offer on ticketmaster for them to end up as face value for the buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

We sold two Eagles tickets in ticketmaster and they went in about an hour, it was very easy from our side. One thing to note is you don't get the money until 10 days after the gig

Not sure about the name error you're encountering though I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Heading up to Eddie Vedder gig this Wednesday and will be driving up and back from Clare with the missus. Could anyone tell me what the best options for parking in 3 Arena are, herself is in the latter stages of pregnancy so convenience is important too. I've come across 2 main options:

a) Red Cow Park and Ride - would avoid rush hour city centre traffic but concerned I'd have to leave the gig early to make Luas before 12am. No idea how much a taxi from 3Arena to red cow is.

b) Parking at convention centre which I understand is close to the gig but I'm guessing it'll be busy getting there.

If anyone has any suggestions on what would be the best and most hassle free option that would be really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

Hi all,
    I have a gold circle ticket for Westlife in Croker on Saturday, will I still be able to just stand with friends in the normal standing area?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Med101007

skerry wrote: »
    Heading up to Eddie Vedder gig this Wednesday and will be driving up and back from Clare with the missus. Could anyone tell me what the best options for parking in 3 Arena are, herself is in the latter stages of pregnancy so convenience is important too. I've come across 2 main options:

a) Red Cow Park and Ride - would avoid rush hour city centre traffic but concerned I'd have to leave the gig early to make Luas before 12am. No idea how much a taxi from 3Arena to red cow is.

b) Parking at convention centre which I understand is close to the gig but I'm guessing it'll be busy getting there.

If anyone has any suggestions on what would be the best and most hassle free option that would be really appreciated.

Hi Skerry,

Your best option is to park in the underground car park at the Convention Centre. I had a similar dilemma as yourself when myself and the missus went to see Arctic Monkeys in the 3 Arena last September. You can pre-book a parking spot online for the Convention Centre but I just turned up on the day about an hour before the gig and there was loads of spaces available. Once the concert finished I was literally back in my car in 10 minutes. Traffic is busy on the quays after all gigs but we were at Heuston Station about 20 mins after leaving the Convention Centre.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Med101007 wrote: »
    Hi Skerry,

Your best option is to park in the underground car park at the Convention Centre. I had a similar dilemma as yourself when myself and the missus went to see Arctic Monkeys in the 3 Arena last September. You can pre-book a parking spot online for the Convention Centre but I just turned up on the day about an hour before the gig and there was loads of spaces available. Once the concert finished I was literally back in my car in 10 minutes. Traffic is busy on the quays after all gigs but we were at Heuston Station about 20 mins after leaving the Convention Centre.

Hope this helps.

That's great, thanks a million, I booked Convention Centre there. Did you have much hassle getting there with traffic, we'll be arriving around 6 I reckon so guessing it'll be fairly busy? Noticed they say you can park until 9AM next morning but you can't get you car after 12AM so will have to make sure we're back by then if gig runs late.

Red Cow was looking too much work and would be cutting it too close to get last Luas back out there, although we would have preferred to avoid city traffic at rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Med101007

skerry wrote: »
    That's great, thanks a million, I booked Convention Centre there. Did you have much hassle getting there with traffic, we'll be arriving around 6 I reckon so guessing it'll be fairly busy? Noticed they say you can park until 9AM next morning but you can't get you car after 12AM so will have to make sure we're back by then if gig runs late.

Red Cow was looking too much work and would be cutting it too close to get last Luas back out there, although we would have preferred to avoid city traffic at rush hour.

Not too much hassle getting to the Convention Centre. Travelled from the west so up the N4 straight to Hueston, then the usual traffic on the North Quays. Dublin city centre in fairness is not that bad for rush hour traffic as opposed to Galway city where I'm from which is an utter nightmare.

Your right about the 12am closing time for the car park. Most if not all gigs at the 3 Arena finish around 11pm so you will have plenty of time.(just make sure your not rushing to get to the car with your pregnant missus in toe!)

Ya I was contemplating the Red Cow Luas but glad I went with the Convention Centre option. Its so handy for gigs at the 3Arena.

Med101007 wrote: »
    Not too much hassle getting to the Convention Centre. Travelled from the west so up the N4 straight to Hueston, then the usual traffic on the North Quays. Dublin city centre in fairness is not that bad for rush hour traffic as opposed to Galway city where I'm from which is an utter nightmare.

Your right about the 12am closing time for the car park. Most if not all gigs at the 3 Arena finish around 11pm so you will have plenty of time.(just make sure your not rushing to get to the car with your pregnant missus in toe!)

Ya I was contemplating the Red Cow Luas but glad I went with the Convention Centre option. Its so handy for gigs at the 3Arena.

Super, thanks a million for that, I'll just have to keep an eye on the time so. Think people were saying last Eddie Vedder gig went over time so I'll just have to hope it ends closer to 11 and if it doesn't I'll make sure we have plenty time to amble up to the car park from the gig.

People were saying parking could be had on some of the smaller streets in the area but no real clue of my way around there so convention centre will do the finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just curious and went to 'buy' Stevie Wonder standing tickets. Only available through resellers on Ticketmaster. €40 service charge and then they stick a €2.50 handling fee ('This covers the secure transfer of the ticket from the seller to you').

They having a laugh? Almost as bad as the old Seatwave charging for digital storage of etickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Driving too Westlife in Croke Park from Dundalk on Friday. Planning on arriving in Dublin at around 2pm. I have a family member who lvies near St Columbas Church Glasnevin who said I can park up there.

Will there be any road restrictions before and after the concert ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 LoveGigging

Hi folks. I have 2 free tickets to Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott in Trinity College and I was wondering if anyone would like to accompany me? It looks like a cool setup in Trinity so maybe someone would like to share it with me. I'm a 29yo male, music lover and thought I'd try something different. I've posted this elsewhere with little success so hopefully someone here takes an interest. If you would like to join me then send me a message. All free of course so I'm hoping to get someone interested. Thanks for reading this.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spindex

I have a ground floor standing ticket for a gig in Vicar street, I'm wondering if I get there early is there any seats at the back or sides that i could access which would give me a view of the stage. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

spindex wrote: »
    I have a ground floor standing ticket for a gig in Vicar street, I'm wondering if I get there early is there any seats at the back or sides that i could access which would give me a view of the stage. Thanks

Yes, there's 4 (I think) rows of seats along both sides and the back that are for standing ticket holders. You'd have no view over the crowd from the back though, if you want to watch the gig from a seat you'll be best front and side

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

Not sure if this is the place to post so apologies if not, heading to our first festival All together Now in a couple of weeks an bringing kids 7 & 4, have the camping gear ready but completely clueless on what else we need with regards clothing etc. Any avid festival goers with kids want to share some tips and advise please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

hope80 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the place to post so apologies if not, heading to our first festival All together Now in a couple of weeks an bringing kids 7 & 4, have the camping gear ready but completely clueless on what else we need with regards clothing etc. Any avid festival goers with kids want to share some tips and advise please?
    You will get much better info in the ATN thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057906044&page=157

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

Suckit wrote: »
    You will get much better info in the ATN thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057906044&page=157

Thank you, have been following the thread but was just looking for tips in general for festivals with kids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Polar101

Is the standing section on the balcony at Vicar St. good? I usually get floor standing tickets, but noticed there are balcony standing tickets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

What is the Button Factory in Templebar like? Going to a gig in October just wondering if anyone has been there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Polar101 wrote: »
    Is the standing section on the balcony at Vicar St. good? I usually get floor standing tickets, but noticed there are balcony standing tickets too.

Yeah pretty good as long as its not too busy. The left side ish is the place to try for if so.
    What is the Button Factory in Templebar like? Going to a gig in October just wondering if anyone has been there before.

Seen some great gigs there. Again, can get very cramped but if you're in early you'll get a god spot. Otherwise upstairs is good. Has its own little bar too.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Anyone know is seats 7-8 on row A on the balconies in Vicar Street split by stairs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

JamieHP wrote: »
    Anyone know is seats 7-8 on row A on the balconies in Vicar Street split by stairs?

A trick is to look for photos and not just seat charts.

Looks to be a good 10+ seats in each row before you hit a stairs.
    vicar-street.jpg

this shows block A to be 1-23 on the one side, so you can be sure 7-8 are together
    3_0_0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

rubadub wrote: »
    A trick is to look for photos and not just seat charts.

Looks to be a good 10+ seats in each row before you hit a stairs.
    vicar-street.jpg

this shows block A to be 1-23 on the one side, so you can be sure 7-8 are together
    3_0_0.jpg

Thanks mate!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hi guys,
    Have 2s set of tickets for an Olympia show. Either upper circle, or circle, restricted view. They are in row H. Does anyone know how bad they are? I have been in ones at the back, and it was fine, I just dont know about row H! I had a look at the map and actual photos of the olympia, and it looks like its about 3 or 4 rows back from the pillar, which i assume is grand? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

antodeco wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Have 2s set of tickets for an Olympia show. Either upper circle, or circle, restricted view. They are in row H. Does anyone know how bad they are?

I would definitely go for restricted circle rather than upper, no question at all. I have had them a few times before.

What is the gig? at many gigs everybody ends up standing in the circle anyway and you can stand out in the aisle. The pillars are not that wide anyways.

Worst comes to the worst you can stand at the back of the circle area which I would prefer to the upper circle.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

It's Snow Patrol. I've been in unrestricted and it is quite far away. The restricted view I have is at the aisle, so good to know about moving out into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Trying to get pre-sale tickets to the Hella Mega Tour early next week when they're released. I've never been to a gig in the RDS so just wondering will the pre-sale tickets released be for the pitch/standing area or will they be rubbish seats in the nosebleeds?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Duff wrote: »
    Trying to get pre-sale tickets to the Hella Mega Tour early next week when they're released. I've never been to a gig in the RDS so just wondering will the pre-sale tickets released be for the pitch/standing area or will they be rubbish seats in the nosebleeds?

Thanks.

They'll be a selection of seated/standing dotted around the arena. The people who get the good tickets won't talk about it online and the people who get bad tickets will claim some sort of ticketmaster agenda, same as every gig on here....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

hynesie08 wrote: »
    They'll be a selection of seated/standing dotted around the arena. The people who get the good tickets won't talk about it online and the people who get bad tickets will claim some sort of ticketmaster agenda, same as every gig on here....

Thanks. So it's luck of the draw. Can you refresh to try and get better tickets or am I better off just taking what I can get?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Duff wrote: »
    Thanks. So it's luck of the draw. Can you refresh to try and get better tickets or am I better off just taking what I can get?

Follow all the usual steps, (multiple devices, Internet clock etc) but do not settle for ****ty seats, 80% of tickets will go on sale on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 foxes

Does anybody know if U/16 accompanied by adult rule is strictly enforced in the 3 arena? particularly for Ariana grande concert. We have 3 seated tickets for daughter, her friend and 1 other- when booking we thought a parent would accompany them. Now I'm getting serious pressure from daughter to give the extra ticket to another friend. Ariana grande not really my sort of gig and would be delighted not to have to attend. Is it likely that girls, all under 16, would be refused? tickets are seated if that makes a difference.

Advertisement