Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainfall Warning Mon 21-5-18

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

30mm from event here in West Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

nothing much here in Cork City. Its just been spitting rain since I went to bed last night/woke up this morning and now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Such a boring spell of weather since Friday at Grange with absolutely nothing going on. Barely any sunshine, lots of cloud. It started to rain yesterday afternoon but it was very light and patchy. Last night was pouring, it kept me up for some bit with the noise of it. Today has just been very cloudy with some rain this afternoon. Big contrasts in the country today in terms of temperatures.

https://twitter.com/Arklowweather/status/998588692364226561

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Such a boring spell of weather since Friday at Grange with absolutely nothing going on. Barely any sunshine, lots of cloud. It started to rain yesterday afternoon but it was very light and patchy. Last night was pouring, it kept me up for some bit with the noise of it. Today has just been very cloudy with some rain this afternoon. Big contrasts in the country today in terms of temperatures.

https://twitter.com/Arklowweather/status/998588692364226561
    I didn't know it rained heavily last night because the ground was quite dry. I agree that it has been boring but hopefully that changes for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

JCX BXC wrote: »
    It appears not!

An error I'd imagine.

Still missing, surely it would have been noticed by now if an error!

Maybe great confidence in their model!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

There was 1.0mm of rain recorded today although I never saw any of it and the ground's dry. It's cooled down a lot in the last couple of hours and the breeze has picked up. It's 11.8C now after a high of 18.3C a couple of hours ago. There was even some hazy sunshine earlier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the brief warmth we had in the early afternoon didn't last long. light drizzle for past 2 hours and temps nose dived from 17c, back down to 10C in only a few hours.

Hopefully a big improvement from tomorrow. Once again the difference between Ireland and the UK mainland is seasons apart over the past two days. Looking forward to some warmth, sun and dryness over the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Had 10 mm in athenry by midnight and probably double that again by midday
    Warning was spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

sligo town had over 20mm

nothing out of the ordinary but possibly nowhere near 20mm in total from now till June

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

29mm here near Tralee since yesterday afternoon, 15.2 mm since midnight. Rain petered out mid afternoon, overcast with a few drops in the wind since, cloud breaking up a bit this evening giving reasonable light. Cool .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

sryanbruen wrote: »

Did you note that the 19.1c in Carlow was not an air temperature but a road temperature?

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Did you note that the 19.1c in Carlow was not an air temperature but a road temperature?

No because Arklow Weather asked me to share it on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

27.1mm here from the 'event' here. Rain never got any heavier than 'gentle' at any one stage. Very sharp looking back edge to that front over me now with some stunning high based altocumulus floccus.

New Moon

Rainfall totals (mm) for Irish stations for Sunday 20th and Monday 21st May 2018.

Station|Sunday 20th|Monday 21st|Total for both days
    Athenry|9.9|17.8|27.7
    Ballyhaise|4.7|17.6|22.3
    Claremorris|5.9|13.5|19.4
    Finner Camp|3.7|13.8|17.5
    Gurteen|4.9|18.3|23.2
    Knock Airport|6.4|16.0|22.4
    Mace Head|13.2|8.6|21.8
    Malin Head|2.2|18.1|20.3
    Markree Castle|7.0|12.4|19.4
    Mt Dillon|10.7|20.9|31.6
    Newport Furnace|12.8|8.9|21.7
    Shannon Airport|11.8|15.9|27.7
    Sherkin Island|24.0|12.6|36.6
    Valentia Observatory|27.5|14.6|42.1

Data comes from Met Éireann.

Some heavy rainfalls like 42.1mm during the 48-hour period at Valentia Observatory but nothing too out of the ordinary for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

That’s in line with what i thought
    30mm or so

Advertisement