Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rape Dream

Options
  • 09-11-2007 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

If anyone would share their interpretations of this it’d be very much appreciated.

I should probably clarify first off by saying that sometimes the dream was in the third person, sometimes in the first.

It started off in the first.
    I was in a park near where I live.
    Broad day light.
    4 guys on the rocks, the fact that they were rocks where teenagers used to hang out and drink, and thus were something of intimidating during my childhood may have some relevance.
    And they're all wearing black.
    And decide to rape and kill me.
    Or kill and rape me. That one I think.
    So they chase me.
    And I run away.
    I don't remember the bits next.
    And then.
    The finale.
    At this stage it's in the third person.
    It's like a computer game or a horror movie.
    And I get a huge knife-sword which is like twice the size of my body.
    At this stage it's in the third person.
    And I'm a petite blonde, as opposed to an average-sized brunette.
    Well, I'm more looking at a petite-ish blonde who is a completely different person to me, and I’ve never seen her in real-life before, and somehow it's a given that she's me in the dream.
    And she with her body manages to shove them in an elevator.
    But in a weird way.
    You know the way a lift can't move from side to side?
    Well this one does.
    And she moves it to the right from my view.
    And is standing doing something to the button configuration for the lift which is on the left hand side.
    And the 4 lads who’re chasing her can't move because they're smushed in there.
    And then with the big sword she pierces it through all four of them at the same time.
    But in some way the sword comes back and kills her too.
    I don't know how.
    I think it's like there's a self-destruct mode like in Resident evil, cos the setting looks something like one in that game, or as if there’s a tsunami imminent and it kills her too.
    But it's not really gory.
    So she's dead, and died trying to protect herself, but it as if it's alright.
    That's the general mood.
    And then, like in an aftermath in a movie, it goes to someone's business card being found.
    And, don't ask me how, but that means in the dream that they're still alive.
    Even though it's a 40 year old accountant or something, but he's evil or corrupt in some way.
    So it goes back to the finale where she/I kill them.
    And this time it's in first person.
    I think I may go to get police or tell people about this beforehand.
    And I have the police or some people come to help me.
    Like the guards or something.
    And then it transpires they just wanted to ask for sex. The rapists.
    And they say something like who wouldn't want you, and use the phrase 'a pretty girl like you'.
    And then I've killed either one of two of them.
    In a different way to how I killed them in the beginning where I pierced them all at the one time.
    And one of them says he's so sad that I thought he was trying to rape me that I may as well kill him.
    And when he says that it's as if he's fallen in love with me or something.......
    And I think I go ahead and kill him, even though I'm completely safe.
    I think it's because I feel this is my purpose, or like I just have to do it.
    And the thing is all the guys are really hot, so I would've.

So yeah, I’m odd……

I’ll try to give more details if anyone would need them for interpreting this, and any interpretations would be appreciated.

The sword is silver, the rapists all wear black, the blonde seems to be wearing blue and silver.

So thanks everyone, hope this was interesting in some way……

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

wow, thats a really interesting dream, even just the details you've described, its very difficult to try and write that down the next day, even though you can see it in your mind, to describe it so well can be really difficult!

So, there are a couple of possibilities here...

1. your dream is a result of memories mixed up from movies, tv shows, news or even childhood memories

2. your dream is a result of deep inner fears that you've never thought of before and they are coming up through your dreams

3. your dream is a mix of 1 and 2

i cant fully interpret it without knowing what kind of tv you watch -> horror movies, scary news, crime documentaries etc. <- what kind of society you live in -> high crime levels; obvious ones being rape and murder, crooked guards anything like that! <- any previous attacks or threats you've ever had and even any fears you have, being chased, being trapped, death etc.

so give me a bit more detail and ill try give you a better interpretation of the dream if you dont mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

NO problem! Thank you so much!

Well, basically, nice middle class urban Dublin society is mine.

I really, really liked Resident Evil, still do, just to watch it, not play it, sad as it is......and final fantasy ain't bad too! And it was kind of like that.....
    If it helps also, I often have dreams which are like quests, like I had loadsa dreams once upon a time which seemed Lord of the Rings-ish, for example, but they've never had a proper ending, of any sort, and this dream has, the proper ending being a resolution in two different ways.
    And no, I've never been threatened in any way.

If you need anymore info I've no problem giving it, thanks so much for this again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

From what i can gather it sounds like your mind is mixing the games you watch (i like to watch them too, id freak playing them and wouldnt know where to go :p) with your own life. What situation are you in in your life? Are you at a stepping stone? Maybe you're trying to figure out what path to take but are worried about obstacles or someone who's standing in your way or threatening your position? do you feel like someone is pushing you in a direction you dont want to go? or are you worried that someone is? these are just guesses and observations, im not sure of your exact position.

Advertisement