Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-05-2020, 22:25   #16
dinneenp

I bought one of these before Xmas on a deal. Hunted around to get it unlocked but ended up paying €45 or thereabouts.

My current network (Eir) tried but with Covid didn't get any reply from the Huawei (normally they email them & get a reply in about a week).
Advertisement
09-05-2020, 11:51   #17
IrishB.ie

Where can you purchase this phone, it's not available online
09-05-2020, 12:00   #18
Aristotle

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishB.ie View Post
Where can you purchase this phone, it's not available online
It's available in two of three colours online.
Thanks from:
09-05-2020, 12:21   #19

It's not a bad fone but at this stage it's prob only worth about €100 imo

Prob priced about right
Thanks from:
09-05-2020, 13:18   #20
Zardoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loozer View Post
It's not a bad fone but at this stage it's prob only worth about €100 imo

Prob priced about right
Nope,its far better than a phone worth 100 euro.
128GB of storage and 4GB of Ram ,its a quality phone .
The reason its being discounted is probably due to the recently released Huawei P30 Lite New Edition which has 256GB of storage and 6GB of Ram plus a few minor differences.

Last edited by Zardoz; 09-05-2020 at 13:21.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-05-2020, 20:31   #21
yabadabado

if anyone bought this phone and wants to sell on the Band 4 give me a PM.

I was going to buy one and remembered it was part of this promotion.

I'm sure we can come to a fair deal .
10-05-2020, 22:21   #22
Claregirl

Trying to buy this phone and get as far as entering details but get a message then that an error occurred trying to set up billing details? Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?
10-05-2020, 23:49   #23
GerardKeating

Send a message via ICQ to GerardKeating Send a message via AIM to GerardKeating Send a message via MSN to GerardKeating Send a message via Yahoo to GerardKeating Send a message via Skype™ to GerardKeating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claregirl View Post
Trying to buy this phone and get as far as entering details but get a message then that an error occurred trying to set up billing details? Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?
Spent hours trying to order the phone, site very slow and picky with details. I repeated the same process a few time, it eventially work when i switched browers (chrome to Edge) but that might be fluke.

I bought a phone off the vodfone site before (about a year ago) and all was smooth, but not now.
Thanks from:
10-05-2020, 23:57   #24
Darksoul

Bought the phone last year switching to Vodafone purely because I wanted this phone ,this phone is unbelievable,whoever said above its only worth 100euros needs thier head checked, unbelievable storage space and camera is very good,it's a steal and much better then most phones out still.highly recommend getting this phone if ye can guys.

Huawei are a awesome brand,they never let me down nor will I ever switch phone brands again.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-05-2020, 00:05   #25
scudzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksoul View Post
Bought the phone last year switching to Vodafone purely because I wanted this phone ,this phone is unbelievable,whoever said above its only worth 100euros needs thier head checked, unbelievable storage space and camera is very good,it's a steal and much better then most phones out still.highly recommend getting this phone if ye can guys.

Huawei are a awesome brand,they never let me down nor will I ever switch phone brands again.
+1

Had a p30 lite until last week when i left it on car roof (first ever smashed phone), bought my wife one on vodafone offer in december, cost 120euro, crazy price indeed, IMO worth 250 ish

Awesome handset, awesome brand and i'm stuck with them for the forseeable future, and gladly

Now have a P30 Pro, i'll always remember hearing someone review this handset on the radio, said that if it had an apple or samsung logo on back people would be going nuts over it
Thanks from:
11-05-2020, 00:23   #26
Darksoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by scudzilla View Post
+1

Had a p30 lite until last week when i left it on car roof (first ever smashed phone), bought my wife one on vodafone offer in december, cost 120euro, crazy price indeed, IMO worth 250 ish

Awesome handset, awesome brand and i'm stuck with them for the forseeable future, and gladly

Now have a P30 Pro, i'll always remember hearing someone review this handset on the radio, said that if it had an apple or samsung logo on back people would be going nuts over it
I'm suprised people don't buy Huawei phones in general, the price is insane for good budget phones,not just that higher up specs like your p30 pro is ridiculously overpowered,me personally they are much better phones then Samsung and iPhone for what you pay for.

It's only when people like yourself buy a phone from Huawei and see how good they really are.
11-05-2020, 00:26   #27
Zardoz

Quote:
+1

People are sheep .
Apple hardware is underpowered and overpriced but people will lap it up.
(3) thanks from:
11-05-2020, 00:28   #28
jim salter

What is it with Irish networks, none of them offer dual sim phones
11-05-2020, 02:25   #29
The Ayatolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim salter View Post
What is it with Irish networks, none of them offer dual sim phones
The Samsung A20 is dual SIM
11-05-2020, 08:09   #30
machiavellianme

Quote:
+1

Really? I love Huawei too but my p10 will be my last unless I pick up a p30.

They no longer have android on the newer p40 and I can't face a world with Chinese versions of apps.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion