Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-05-2020, 07:27   #4711
vulmac

Was with Virgin for two years had the Horizon tv box for the first year which I hated hardly ever used it. Went broadband only price went up to 63 euro pm. Back again with Vodafone ,25 euro first six months offer. Painless transition.
Advertisement
22-05-2020, 08:54   #4712
Roberto_gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulmac View Post
Was with Virgin for two years had the Horizon tv box for the first year which I hated hardly ever used it. Went broadband only price went up to 63 euro pm. Back again with Vodafone ,25 euro first six months offer. Painless transition.
I am 6 months in...and never had a glitch ! Virgin media is such an overhype for their prices if you just need normal streaming in your home !

Hopefully SIRO will be available in our area soon.
22-05-2020, 12:51   #4713
CoBo55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto_gas View Post
I am 6 months in...and never had a glitch ! Virgin media is such an overhype for their prices if you just need normal streaming in your home !

Hopefully SIRO will be available in our area soon.
6 months in with who? VM or VF?
22-05-2020, 13:00   #4714
beauf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny2580 View Post
If in an area with good reception, use a cheap antenna for the Irish channels, Now TV for sky if needed, amazon firestick with VPN for uk channels {tv player app}. Then just get broadband from virgin media.
Thats what I did but I'm not saving much because Horror TV is only an extra 20.
22-05-2020, 13:05   #4715
Nokia6230i

Are Vodafone doing installs currently does anyone know?

Just rang Virgin & they're not budging on price, think last offer was €29 a month for 6 & then back up to €59 for other 6.
Advertisement
25-05-2020, 20:12   #4716
Red_Wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokia6230i View Post
Are Vodafone doing installs currently does anyone know?

Just rang Virgin & they're not budging on price, think last offer was €29 a month for 6 & then back up to €59 for other 6.
Where are you getting these prices? I'm only seeing 55 quid per month for the 500MB broadband package.
25-05-2020, 20:34   #4717
beauf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Wake View Post
Where are you getting these prices? I'm only seeing 55 quid per month for the 500MB broadband package.
You ring them it's like doing a deal with del boy on only fools and horses. They start haggling like a 1 euro market stall out of the back of a van.

Always check your change after and that you still have your wallet. I've had more billing issues with them than any another company.
Thanks from:
25-05-2020, 20:46   #4718
Red_Wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauf View Post
You ring them it's like doing a deal with del boy on only fools and horses. They start haggling like a 1 euro market stall out of the back of a van.

Always check your change after and that you still have your wallet. I've had more billing issues with them than any another company.
I rang the call centre, and the chap on the other end said that he couldn't go below 59 a month when I told him the online offer was 55 a month. Do they really have much leeway for lowering the price?

If you have any tips I'd be very appreciative of them
25-05-2020, 21:24   #4719
beauf

You'd need to read back through the thread. Too tired of dealing with them to go back over it.
Advertisement
26-05-2020, 16:56   #4720
micknail

Tried ring their freephone {1800 941941} number to reduce my package to BB only,
as I was paying 82.50 a month after my 12 month deal elapsed.

After a merry go round of pressing menu options, I got to the cancelation stream,
and after 25 mins was still queueing.
This was at 16:30 today.

At this stage, I'm no longer reducing the package, especially as people said above that they are not budging on normal prices, which is ridic given most peoples circumstances now, and am instead changing provider.

Pity, as their internet was great, Tv rubbish.
26-05-2020, 17:15   #4721
okidoki987

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknail View Post
It is but it's very expensive nowadays for what you are getting.
Always a struggle to get it for cheaper when you ring them, a lot of people don't have the luxury of a decent alternative though.
28-05-2020, 13:13   #4722
chases0102

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknail View Post
Tried ring their freephone {1800 941941} number to reduce my package to BB only,
as I was paying 82.50 a month after my 12 month deal elapsed.

After a merry go round of pressing menu options, I got to the cancelation stream,
and after 25 mins was still queueing.
This was at 16:30 today.

At this stage, I'm no longer reducing the package, especially as people said above that they are not budging on normal prices, which is ridic given most peoples circumstances now, and am instead changing provider.

Very similar to our situation here. Who do you think you will go with?

One good thing Virgin had going for it, was their ability to provide their service without any drilling.
Thanks from:
28-05-2020, 13:36   #4723
micknail

Quote:
Originally Posted by chases0102 View Post
Very similar to our situation here. Who do you think you will go with?

One good thing Virgin had going for it, was their ability to provide their service without any drilling.

whomever bonkers.ie says is the cheapest,
vodaphone or Eir prob.
Back to 100mb, I need it to work from home really, so hope theres not much messing around getting switched.
28-05-2020, 13:41   #4724
banie01

VM sent a lovely email a few weeks ago signed of by their CEO.
Full of platitudes and speil regarding caring for customers and being ready to help during this Covid crisis.

Contrast that with the stories here, and from others on their FB page.
People contacting VM on foot of job loss, income reduction or similar who are looking to reduce their outgoings.
Be it via cancelling a portion of their service or begging a discount.

You go through VM's chat option, to be told to contact cancellations.
Then you can't get through to cancellations so no action is taken and the currently unaffordable bill continues.

Once again VM manage to rival Eir for incompetence.
Thanks from:
28-05-2020, 13:51   #4725
CoBo55

Quote:
Originally Posted by banie01 View Post
VM sent a lovely email a few weeks ago signed of by their CEO.
Full of platitudes and speil regarding caring for customers and being ready to help during this Covid crisis.

Contrast that with the stories here, and from others on their FB page.
People contacting VM on foot of job loss, income reduction or similar who are looking to reduce their outgoings.
Be it via cancelling a portion of their service or begging a discount.

You go through VM's chat option, to be told to contact cancellations.
Then you can't get through to cancellations so no action is taken and the currently unaffordable bill continues.

Once again VM manage to rival Eir for incompetence.
My father went into residential care and he had the old cable TV service, I tried ringing, web chat etc to cancel the service, finally I just sent them an email and cancelled the DD I got a final bill eventually for a small amount which I paid in the post office. When I get digiweb ftth I'll do the same, top class service but the cost just can't be justified and their CS is dreadful.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion