Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

Dumped everything last night and bought XVG at 3.2c a coin.

Woke up, checked Email, facebook, usual stuff. Opened Blockfolio and herself almost **** the bed with the roar that came out of me.

Very happy weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Dumped everything last night and bought XVG at 3.2c a coin.

Woke up, checked Email, facebook, usual stuff. Opened Blockfolio and herself almost **** the bed with the roar that came out of me.

Very happy weekend :)

Yup, amazing rise. Bought a large amount at 2c. Very happy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Much rise!

Actually saw a YT vid about a month ago showing that Doge tends to spike in price every few months, he bought about $100,000 worth, say he's a happy man now :)

Yup, amazing rise. Bought a large amount at 2c. Very happy so far.

I was looking at buying some of this a couple of weeks back but held off on pulling the trigger :(

Nice one dude, that price jump is one hell of a Christmas gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Had 100k XVG bought back in May for .0009 cents, sold them for small profit back in August, awe well :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm thinking I may look at some Alt's on Binance over the next few days. Only one I've dabbled in to date is XRP which given its recent rise, can't really be considered "Alt" anymore.
    Have a few Eth to play around with to see where it takes me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

banie01 wrote: »
    I'm thinking I may look at some Alt's on Binance over the next few days. Only one I've dabbled in to date is XRP which given its recent rise, can't really be considered "Alt" anymore.
    Have a few Eth to play around with to see where it takes me :)

alt coins are generally all coins other than Bitcoin so your safe with considering xrp as an alt coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

jonny_b wrote: »
    Curious to know anyone’s take on Tron (TRX) seems to be one to watch..

It has done well for me so far, up about 650% since I brought last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Anyone who knows a good bit about cryptocurrency, surely there can't be 20/30 coins in use in a few years? Are they likely to merge or anyone have any insight as to where it could go? I know no one knows for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Benzino wrote: »
    It has done well for me so far, up about 650% since I brought last week.

Ive had the free 500 tron from binance. It's gone up 15 times since it was given. Hard to believe it can go up much more.

Might buy into it if it falls back a bit.

I might move some money into other longshots like dragonchain or Lend. Quantstamps possibly too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Anyone heard of DENT? I bought a good chunk today super cheap as I really think the idea has potential. Effectively it's a blockchain app to allow users to buy & sell unused mobile data allowances, they've partnered with a few telecos in south america/india. iOS app launching this month and android next year.

Seems to be shooting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Ive had the free 500 tron from binance. It's gone up 15 times since it was given. Hard to believe it can go up much more.

Might buy into it if it falls back a bit.

I might move some money into other longshots like dragonchain or Lend. Quantstamps possibly too.

Interesting, good did you get the free coins? I'm also on binance but signed up last week just for trying.

I got the free tron coins about a month ago. Anyone who had an account on binance with more than 20 dollars in it got some. Worth about 15 euro now.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

EMC2 is finally taking off with the announcement coming on the 19th

Elessar wrote: »
    Anyone heard of DENT? I bought a good chunk today super cheap as I really think the idea has potential. Effectively it's a blockchain app to allow users to buy & sell unused mobile data allowances, they've partnered with a few telecos in south america/india. iOS app launching this month and android next year.

Seems to be shooting up.

Dent looks interesting alright.
    I love the way its shooting up and still at a good price.

Is it only available on Etherdelta?
    I've never bothered using it yet but i want to get some dragon chain so i may aswell get some dent through it too.

Notice SAFEX got delisted, had nothing in it but interested to know what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

power ledger up, coin with a product behind it.

new announcement https://medium.com/power-ledger/power-ledger-signs-agreement-with-bcpg-to-bring-distributed-renewable-energy-trading-to-thailand-cd68d09c23ac

got a good pump as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Dent looks interesting alright.
    I love the way its shooting up and still at a good price.

Is it only available on Etherdelta?
    I've never bothered using it yet but i want to get some dragon chain so i may aswell get some dent through it too.

I got it on HitBTC, which doesnt need any verification's for trading. The withdrawl took a few hours though, so just keep that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone know much about INS, from a very quick skim of it they seem to be focusing on the grocery industry and creating a decentralised market place.

EMC2 and nxt climbing nicely. Big announcement from EMC2 tomorrow which could cause it to go either way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

Lurker on boards crypto for the past week. Bought my first Crypto last Sunday and have been addicted since. I've been doing a lot of research into alt coins and have to say Cardano really caught my attention. One of the founders of Ethereum behind it.

Just curious, are you folks just dabbling with this as a hobby or throwing big bucks at it?

I'm messing around with it myself with a few hundred € and hoping to make some extra dosh from it.

Do you set rules for yourselves that if one of your assets reaches a certain price that you'll sell X amount of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Just curious, are you folks just dabbling with this as a hobby or throwing big bucks at it?

I'm messing around with it myself with a few hundred € and hoping to make some extra dosh from it.

Do you set rules for yourselves that if one of your assets reaches a certain price that you'll sell X amount of them?
    Started off with 300 euro on a credit card back in July. Have been adding fairly regularly to it. Made some really bad decisions in the meantime (sold litecoins i was holding for 5 months the day before it started its incredible bull run). Still profits are incredible. Be carefull though things are getting serious now.
    PS. have friends with 100k sums involved

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Anybody invested in QTUM? I bought some back in August and it has been steadily decreasing in value up until a week or two ago, but now it's up 225% in the last week.

Thoughts on it long term? From what I can see it's a bitcoin fork that has the ability to execute smart contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

It's crazy how deep this is. Most people are throwing money at cryptos they heard in the news as recklessly as people throw money at horses before the grand national. I'm trying to research some coins and tokens to evaluate if I should be putting money into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Anybody here invested in QASH?
    Read up about it in detail and purchased some tonight. At 1$ I think it's undervalued massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Paddy_B wrote: »
    I've been doing a lot of research into alt coins and have to say Cardano really caught my attention.
    Cardano has no working product as yet. It is all vapour.
    I'm NOT saying that Cardano has no future or that it will not spike further .......... just that something with a market cap of 15 Billion dollars but has no proven product is a reflection of the currently crazy world of altcoins. Something with no asset or no working tecnology is at a value similar to Dell Computer Corp. It's madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BONDIred

What exchange is best for buying alts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

BONDIred wrote: »
    What exchange is best for buying alts?

Whichever one has the coin you're interested and is still accepting new sign ups. A few have stopped accepting new accounts.

Advertisement