Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you hook up with someone who was attached?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Me likey fanny so yes.

Don't know why, think I was channelling my 6 year old self, but this made me laugh out loud.

But, no... I wouldn't... almost certainly not... not even Halle Berry... Unless... no, definitely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Hell no.

If they'll cheat with you they'll cheat on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So the poll is currently topped at 62.00% for 'no, if they were attached in any way'

Now I know my own life experiences / examples as one man can't be applied to everyone in the world. But from what I have vastly witnessed I do not believe 62% of people wouldn't.

I've seen guys blatantly chat up a girl after hearing she had a boyfriend. Not on bother on them then going home to sleep with them.... I've seen guys who knew the boyfriend, still didnt stop them. Ahhhh I could go on and on. Witnessed some rather messed up things. Let's just say no way 62% of people wouldnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Yeah but isn't sex with someone who actually wants to be with you nicer ...?

Rather than with someone who sees you as their second (third? fourth?) choice?

What makes you think the person doesn't want to be with you? That doesn't make any sense. We're not talking about hookers here are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I've heard married women are for more kinking, generally, than single women...

Additionally, for the younger persons amongst us, copping a married woman is likely to = milf.

Resistance may be futile

• Advertisement

I had to google "kinking" It means a tight curl, twist, or bend in a length of thin material, as one caused by the tensing of a looped section of wire. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I've been cheated on, it's really awful, so I would never knowingly get up to no good with someone else's other half. But I have been put in the position where I was the other woman and I hadn't a clue. I felt just s awfil as when it had been me on the receiving end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

I've been cheated on, it's really awful, so I would never knowingly get up to no good with someone else's other half. But I have been put in the position where I was the other woman and I hadn't a clue. I felt just s awfil as when it had been me on the receiving end.

Cheaters are going to cheat, that's what I always say. Better a girl with a husband sleep with me (std free) than some other guy who might have aids! I'm really doing a public service.

UCDVet wrote: »
    Cheaters are going to cheat, that's what I always say. Better a girl with a husband sleep with me (std free) than some other guy who might have aids! I'm really doing a public service.

Can't get a mental image out of my head of a husband grabbing you by the shirt with one hand... and with the other repeatedly punching you in the face :pac:

UCDVet: Man... i was doing a public service
    Husband: *punch*
    UCDVet: if it wasnt me, someone else would have shagged your wife 3 times in your bed ...
    Husband *punch* *punch* *punch*.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

a toe curler is a toe curler, is a toe curler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I wouldnt want to be with anyone whos a cheater so...the fact that theyd cheat on their partner is such a big turnoff in itself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

There are billions of women in the world. I'm not desperate and/or beta enough to compromise even a strangers relationship when there are that many other possible options. I can understand someone thinking that the other is going to cheat on their partner regardless so it may as well be with them, though.

The funniest scenario is when people who hookup with someone in a relationship and end up being with them themselves and are still surprised when they go on to also cheat on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

No. Sex has never been hard to get that I've been driven to such desperate measures (and even then I'd opt for a twiddle than sex with a coward).

I actually had a casual thing with a guy for a while who was cheating on his girlfriend. I had no idea at all and when it all came out, she sent me abusive messages via Facebook and even when I explained to her that I didn't know about her, she continued to blame me. Stupid woman put the blame on the wrong person and they're still together. Who'd knowingly get involved in that kind of drama?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I couldn't. I would feel so guilty even though I wouldn't have been the one that did the cheating!

My ex had hooked up with someone with a boyfriend before me. Always made me feel icky, just seemed cheap or something ( though the lies and std didn't help :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

There are billions of women in the world. I'm not desperate and/or beta enough to compromise even a strangers relationship when there are that many other possible options. I can understand someone thinking that the other is going to cheat on their partner regardless so it may as well be with them, though.

The funniest scenario is when people who hookup with someone in a relationship and end up being with them themselves and are still surprised when they go on to also cheat on them.

You're not what enough? :pac:

No. Sex has never been hard to get that I've been driven to such desperate measures (and even then I'd opt for a twiddle than sex with a coward).

I actually had a casual thing with a guy for a while who was cheating on his girlfriend. I had no idea at all and when it all came out, she sent me abusive messages via Facebook and even when I explained to her that I didn't know about her, she continued to blame me. Stupid woman put the blame on the wrong person and they're still together. Who'd knowingly get involved in that kind of drama?

She obviously has little self respect. If someone cheats on you the trust is instantly ruined and can never be completely normal again so the relationship has ran its course. Same goes for men who get cheated on and don't hold their partner accountable and take it out on the other guy she cheated with, unless it was one of his close friends doing it, then he should be mad at both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Czarcasm wrote: »
    You're not what enough? :pac:

Beta. An alpha wouldn't have to run off with someones squeeze.

An alpha would also break up with his/her partner if they weren't happy. Alpha's aren't cowards. I only date alpha's. :)

You beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

I would hook up with an attached party but only if she is a size 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Beta. An alpha wouldn't have to run off with someones squeeze.

An alpha would also break up with his/her partner if they weren't happy. Alpha's aren't cowards. I only date alpha's. :)

You beta?

Yes I'm much betta now Christy after that explanation :p

I don't bother with that PUA nonsense though tbh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

If I don't know the boyfriend/husband then I would, no problem.

If I did know him, then absolutely not, unless he was somebody I don't like, in which case I definitely would

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Nope, I wouldn't. It wouldn't make me feel very good to be someone's bit on the side.

I have a friend who's doing this right now - carrying on a sexual relationship with a guy who has a girlfriend - and she's practically gleeful about it. She's met the girlfriend, hung out with her and constantly laughs about how the girl is threatened by her over little things, the girl is such an idiot, she's the guy's "real" #1. And I told her, the only person who's #1 in this guy's life is himself. Also my opinion of my friend has dropped since this all began. It's made me reconsider how close of a friend I want her to be. It's truly something to admit that you just don't give a flying f*ck about anyone but yourself.

People dont want to believe that the person they trust has betrayed them so they take out their anger on the eaiser target

Nope, I wouldn't. It wouldn't make me feel very good to be someone's bit on the side.

I have a friend who's doing this right now - carrying on a sexual relationship with a guy who has a girlfriend - and she's practically gleeful about it. She's met the girlfriend, hung out with her and constantly laughs about how the girl is threatened by her over little things, the girl is such an idiot, she's the guy's "real" #1. And I told her, the only person who's #1 in this guy's life is himself. Also my opinion of my friend has dropped since this all began. It's made me reconsider how close of a friend I want her to be. It's truly something to admit that you just don't give a flying f*ck about anyone but yourself.

A girl like that probably bitches about you behind your back 24/7, no matter how close you think you both are, dont trust her with anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Siamese twins deserve love too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I think someone has to be a bit mentally unstable to cheat, and that includes both parties.

TheZohan wrote: »
    I think someone has to be a bit mentally unstable to cheat, and that includes both parties.

Nah. Wouldn't say there is anything mentally unstable about it. More so want your cake and eat it type thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

If a woman is married, marital fidelity is her responsibility, and not the responsibility of her lover. Obviously the converse applies to a man.

I would have no moral qualms about hooking up with someone I suspected to be married. If I had actual knowledge of their marriage, I'd have to think about the circumstances, but it's just not my responsibility.

Sex is a transaction, like any other. If you're a butcher, and some woman is buying your meat, why should you care if she's paying her debts elsewhere? As long as she's pulling out that hairy chequebook, be happy.

People dwell too much.

You need to confront her about this and tell her the harsh truth that unless the boyfriend ended his current relationship and became exclusive with her, she will never be "#1". However, even if he did, she still loses because how can she trust a guy who cheated in his old relationship to start a new one with her? After that, cut contact with her for good, she's a horrible kunt and definitely not someone worthy of friends who are obviously morally superior and decent human beings. What an idiot she is.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    A girl like that probably bitches about you behind your back 24/7, no matter how close you think you both are, dont trust her with anything

100% this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

bb1234567 wrote: »
    People dont want to believe that the person they trust has betrayed them so they take out their anger on the eaiser target

Yep.

• Advertisement

It's not always about the sex. A marriage may not work out and a person can fall for someone else. How exactly does it make the person a coward? :confused:

Advertisement