Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you hook up with someone who was attached?

Options
  • 06-10-2014 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

in my younger days it would not bother me if I pulled a woman who had a boyfriend (if i didn't know the boyfriend). but after been in a couple of relationships and knowing how it would feel to be cheated on i have changed my thinking on the matter. what do the rest of ye think?

would you hook up with someone who was attached? 135 votes

yes, only if they were not married
    0% 0 votes
    yes, even if they were married
    16% 22 votes
    no, not if they were married
    66% 90 votes
    no, if they were attached in any way.
    17% 23 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Me likey fanny so yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

If she's attached to my bedpost, I reckon that's fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Y U NO USE POLL OPTION!?!

Edit: good job!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

absolutely not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

No. I'm in a LT relationship, I would hate to be cheated on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

Nope. I'd get no thrill at all from it. Can't understand why anyone would. I have more self-respect than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,060 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

In fairness if a girl neglected to tell you before you hooked up, and you were genuinely unaware that she was attached, then the blame cannot be put on the lad.

So in that scenario, I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

In fairness if a girl neglected to tell you before you hooked up, and you were genuinely unaware that she was attached, then the blame cannot be put on the lad.

So in that scenario, I would.

You didn't fecking know.....that doesn't count.

EDIT: Men can neglect to tell you that they are in a relationship too you know. ;)

Aren't poll option 1 and poll option 3 the same thing...? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

When I was younger I did it.

As an older fatter wiser man I wouldn't because I'm older and wiser fatter now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,060 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

You didn't fecking know.....that doesn't count.

EDIT: Men can neglect to tell you that they are in a relationship too you know. ;)

I know that. I wouldn't be into chasing fellas though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

So long as they weren't attached to someone I knew, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. The way I look at it is, it is their job to keep their promises, not mine, if their happy to go ahead why should I care if their married or whatever.
    It's my job to keep my promises, which I do. If I end up in bed with some woman despite being in a relationship, it's hardly her fault now is it? The reverse also applies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Would any of the people saying 'yes', tell a partner they're in a serious relationship with, that they were happy to do this when single?

N.B. Poll missing a 'Yes, if the relationship were open' option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Head hurts.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Lalealynn

Never never never x 1 million. I have never cheated either. Never never never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Miss Lizzie Jones

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    When I was younger I did it.

As an older fatter wiser man I wouldn't because I'm older and wiser fatter now.

Same with one exception. I'm female. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

No..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Only if their partner's okay with it and/or they don't tell me. If not, then no.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bunnymunro

I'm in a relationship and a complete horndog so I had to be honest and say yes I would. Not that I have but if the opportunity comes along I doubt I'd say no..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

People do it all the time with no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I did once with a married woman. I didn't get a thrill out of the fact she was married but I really liked the girl and things had been going downhill for a long time with her husband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

People do it all the time with no idea.

Sleep sex? :confused:

Nib wrote: »
    No..

Yes, only only if they were not married = I would, but only if it was not with a married man/woman.

No, not if they were married = I wouldn't if it was with a married man/woman.

Sounds like the same thing to me... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Yeah, the options read like ****e

Better would be:
    I would screw a married person
    I would screw a person with a partner but not married
    I would not screw a person who has a partner no matter what stage their relationship is at

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I did once with a married woman. I didn't get a thrill out of the fact she was married but I really liked the girl and things had been going downhill for a long time with her husband.

But would you just not kind of think, what kind of a person has so little respect for herself and for her partner and for you that she'd do that? It would be an incredible turn-off for me. I mean, surely if she liked you, she'd just ... be with you? Not him? Why be second-best? That whole situation sounds quite sad, I can't understand how you having sex with another man's wife made any one of the three of you happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

I can't understand how you having sex with another man's wife made any one of the three of you happy.

Probably the sex part

Probably the sex part

Yeah but isn't sex with someone who actually wants to be with you nicer ...?

Rather than with someone who sees you as their second (third? fourth?) choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭deseil

For sex yes if they were atattractive.

For an affair No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

But would you just not kind of think, what kind of a person has so little respect for herself and for her partner and for you that she'd do that? It would be an incredible turn-off for me. I mean, surely if she liked you, she'd just ... be with you? Not him? Why be second-best? That whole situation sounds quite sad, I can't understand how you having sex with another man's wife made any one of the three of you happy.

People can fall out of love. Would you rather she stayed in an unhappy marriage? She was happy with me, I was happy with her. She eventually got a divorce and the husband went back to Poland, so I wasn't exactly second best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Yeah but isn't sex with someone who actually wants to be with you nicer ...?

Rather than with someone who sees you as their second (third? fourth?) choice?

Nicer, yea sure.

Better sex, certainly not!

Advertisement