Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

would you hook up with someone who was attached?

• 06-10-2014 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭guest2014

in my younger days it would not bother me if I pulled a woman who had a boyfriend (if i didn't know the boyfriend). but after been in a couple of relationships and knowing how it would feel to be cheated on i have changed my thinking on the matter. what do the rest of ye think?

would you hook up with someone who was attached? 135 votes

yes, only if they were not married
    0% 0 votes
    yes, even if they were married
    16% 22 votes
    no, not if they were married
    66% 90 votes
    no, if they were attached in any way.
    17% 23 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Me likey fanny so yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

If she's attached to my bedpost, I reckon that's fair game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Y U NO USE POLL OPTION!?!

Edit: good job!

absolutely not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

No. I'm in a LT relationship, I would hate to be cheated on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

Nope. I'd get no thrill at all from it. Can't understand why anyone would. I have more self-respect than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

In fairness if a girl neglected to tell you before you hooked up, and you were genuinely unaware that she was attached, then the blame cannot be put on the lad.

So in that scenario, I would.

In fairness if a girl neglected to tell you before you hooked up, and you were genuinely unaware that she was attached, then the blame cannot be put on the lad.

So in that scenario, I would.

You didn't fecking know.....that doesn't count.

EDIT: Men can neglect to tell you that they are in a relationship too you know. ;)

Aren't poll option 1 and poll option 3 the same thing...? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

When I was younger I did it.

As an older fatter wiser man I wouldn't because I'm older and wiser fatter now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

You didn't fecking know.....that doesn't count.

EDIT: Men can neglect to tell you that they are in a relationship too you know. ;)

I know that. I wouldn't be into chasing fellas though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

So long as they weren't attached to someone I knew, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. The way I look at it is, it is their job to keep their promises, not mine, if their happy to go ahead why should I care if their married or whatever.
    It's my job to keep my promises, which I do. If I end up in bed with some woman despite being in a relationship, it's hardly her fault now is it? The reverse also applies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭KomradeBishop

Would any of the people saying 'yes', tell a partner they're in a serious relationship with, that they were happy to do this when single?

N.B. Poll missing a 'Yes, if the relationship were open' option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Head hurts.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Lalealynn

Never never never x 1 million. I have never cheated either. Never never never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Miss Lizzie Jones

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    When I was younger I did it.

As an older fatter wiser man I wouldn't because I'm older and wiser fatter now.

Same with one exception. I'm female. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

No..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Only if their partner's okay with it and/or they don't tell me. If not, then no.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bunnymunro

I'm in a relationship and a complete horndog so I had to be honest and say yes I would. Not that I have but if the opportunity comes along I doubt I'd say no..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

People do it all the time with no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I did once with a married woman. I didn't get a thrill out of the fact she was married but I really liked the girl and things had been going downhill for a long time with her husband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

People do it all the time with no idea.

Sleep sex? :confused:

Nib wrote: »
    No..

Yes, only only if they were not married = I would, but only if it was not with a married man/woman.

No, not if they were married = I wouldn't if it was with a married man/woman.

Sounds like the same thing to me... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Yeah, the options read like ****e

Better would be:
    I would screw a married person
    I would screw a person with a partner but not married
    I would not screw a person who has a partner no matter what stage their relationship is at

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I did once with a married woman. I didn't get a thrill out of the fact she was married but I really liked the girl and things had been going downhill for a long time with her husband.

But would you just not kind of think, what kind of a person has so little respect for herself and for her partner and for you that she'd do that? It would be an incredible turn-off for me. I mean, surely if she liked you, she'd just ... be with you? Not him? Why be second-best? That whole situation sounds quite sad, I can't understand how you having sex with another man's wife made any one of the three of you happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

I can't understand how you having sex with another man's wife made any one of the three of you happy.

Probably the sex part

Probably the sex part

Yeah but isn't sex with someone who actually wants to be with you nicer ...?

Rather than with someone who sees you as their second (third? fourth?) choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭deseil

For sex yes if they were atattractive.

For an affair No.

But would you just not kind of think, what kind of a person has so little respect for herself and for her partner and for you that she'd do that? It would be an incredible turn-off for me. I mean, surely if she liked you, she'd just ... be with you? Not him? Why be second-best? That whole situation sounds quite sad, I can't understand how you having sex with another man's wife made any one of the three of you happy.

People can fall out of love. Would you rather she stayed in an unhappy marriage? She was happy with me, I was happy with her. She eventually got a divorce and the husband went back to Poland, so I wasn't exactly second best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Nicer, yea sure.

Better sex, certainly not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Me likey fanny so yes.

Don't know why, think I was channelling my 6 year old self, but this made me laugh out loud.

But, no... I wouldn't... almost certainly not... not even Halle Berry... Unless... no, definitely not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Hell no.

If they'll cheat with you they'll cheat on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So the poll is currently topped at 62.00% for 'no, if they were attached in any way'

Now I know my own life experiences / examples as one man can't be applied to everyone in the world. But from what I have vastly witnessed I do not believe 62% of people wouldn't.

I've seen guys blatantly chat up a girl after hearing she had a boyfriend. Not on bother on them then going home to sleep with them.... I've seen guys who knew the boyfriend, still didnt stop them. Ahhhh I could go on and on. Witnessed some rather messed up things. Let's just say no way 62% of people wouldnt.

What makes you think the person doesn't want to be with you? That doesn't make any sense. We're not talking about hookers here are we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I've heard married women are for more kinking, generally, than single women...

Additionally, for the younger persons amongst us, copping a married woman is likely to = milf.

Resistance may be futile

• Advertisement

I had to google "kinking" It means a tight curl, twist, or bend in a length of thin material, as one caused by the tensing of a looped section of wire. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I've been cheated on, it's really awful, so I would never knowingly get up to no good with someone else's other half. But I have been put in the position where I was the other woman and I hadn't a clue. I felt just s awfil as when it had been me on the receiving end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

I've been cheated on, it's really awful, so I would never knowingly get up to no good with someone else's other half. But I have been put in the position where I was the other woman and I hadn't a clue. I felt just s awfil as when it had been me on the receiving end.

Cheaters are going to cheat, that's what I always say. Better a girl with a husband sleep with me (std free) than some other guy who might have aids! I'm really doing a public service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

UCDVet wrote: »
    Cheaters are going to cheat, that's what I always say. Better a girl with a husband sleep with me (std free) than some other guy who might have aids! I'm really doing a public service.

Can't get a mental image out of my head of a husband grabbing you by the shirt with one hand... and with the other repeatedly punching you in the face :pac:

UCDVet: Man... i was doing a public service
    Husband: *punch*
    UCDVet: if it wasnt me, someone else would have shagged your wife 3 times in your bed ...
    Husband *punch* *punch* *punch*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

a toe curler is a toe curler, is a toe curler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I wouldnt want to be with anyone whos a cheater so...the fact that theyd cheat on their partner is such a big turnoff in itself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

There are billions of women in the world. I'm not desperate and/or beta enough to compromise even a strangers relationship when there are that many other possible options. I can understand someone thinking that the other is going to cheat on their partner regardless so it may as well be with them, though.

The funniest scenario is when people who hookup with someone in a relationship and end up being with them themselves and are still surprised when they go on to also cheat on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

No. Sex has never been hard to get that I've been driven to such desperate measures (and even then I'd opt for a twiddle than sex with a coward).

I actually had a casual thing with a guy for a while who was cheating on his girlfriend. I had no idea at all and when it all came out, she sent me abusive messages via Facebook and even when I explained to her that I didn't know about her, she continued to blame me. Stupid woman put the blame on the wrong person and they're still together. Who'd knowingly get involved in that kind of drama?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I couldn't. I would feel so guilty even though I wouldn't have been the one that did the cheating!

My ex had hooked up with someone with a boyfriend before me. Always made me feel icky, just seemed cheap or something ( though the lies and std didn't help :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

There are billions of women in the world. I'm not desperate and/or beta enough to compromise even a strangers relationship when there are that many other possible options. I can understand someone thinking that the other is going to cheat on their partner regardless so it may as well be with them, though.

The funniest scenario is when people who hookup with someone in a relationship and end up being with them themselves and are still surprised when they go on to also cheat on them.

You're not what enough? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

No. Sex has never been hard to get that I've been driven to such desperate measures (and even then I'd opt for a twiddle than sex with a coward).

I actually had a casual thing with a guy for a while who was cheating on his girlfriend. I had no idea at all and when it all came out, she sent me abusive messages via Facebook and even when I explained to her that I didn't know about her, she continued to blame me. Stupid woman put the blame on the wrong person and they're still together. Who'd knowingly get involved in that kind of drama?

She obviously has little self respect. If someone cheats on you the trust is instantly ruined and can never be completely normal again so the relationship has ran its course. Same goes for men who get cheated on and don't hold their partner accountable and take it out on the other guy she cheated with, unless it was one of his close friends doing it, then he should be mad at both of them.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    You're not what enough? :pac:

Beta. An alpha wouldn't have to run off with someones squeeze.

An alpha would also break up with his/her partner if they weren't happy. Alpha's aren't cowards. I only date alpha's. :)

You beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

I would hook up with an attached party but only if she is a size 14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Beta. An alpha wouldn't have to run off with someones squeeze.

An alpha would also break up with his/her partner if they weren't happy. Alpha's aren't cowards. I only date alpha's. :)

You beta?

Yes I'm much betta now Christy after that explanation :p

I don't bother with that PUA nonsense though tbh ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

If I don't know the boyfriend/husband then I would, no problem.

If I did know him, then absolutely not, unless he was somebody I don't like, in which case I definitely would

• Advertisement
Advertisement