Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackhall PPC1 2018

Options
  • 05-06-2018 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hello all,

I couldn't find the thread for Blackhall starters for September 2018 so I made one. :pac:

I was wondering if anyone had access to the PPC1 timetable for this year? I need to check when those mandatory irish classes are on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭claiomh solais

smeal wrote: »
    I was actually considering making one earlier!

Doubt it will be out until mid August time. Still haven't sent my application in... really need to get on that.

Same, I received my pack today and I will just get it done tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Doubt it will be out until mid August time. Still haven't sent my application in... really need to get on that.

I'm actually still waiting to hear back from two applications for firms that definitely pay fees. My boss had said a while back that he would pay my fees but now that the time is coming around he is hooing and haing about it. I know its only €50 if you miss the deadline on the 15th June but have you ever heard of anyone not getting in for a late application? I know somebody about 4 years ago who got offered her traineeship a week before BH and was able to go on the course but 4 years ago there wouldn't have been as many people applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭randomrb

Who have people used as character references?

randomrb wrote: »
    Who have people used as character references?

I was thinking one person who was a former employer last year (who I worked for the longest) and then a person I've known a long time to be more of a character ref. It says in the pack you cant use family.

I have a question - would we need to include a copy of our Leaving Certificate results? Maybe just giving the results and CAO points would do?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dunne1995

I was thinking one person who was a former employer last year (who I worked for the longest) and then a person I've known a long time to be more of a character ref. It says in the pack you cant use family.

I have a question - would we need to include a copy of our Leaving Certificate results? Maybe just giving the results and CAO points would do?

I just wrote CAO points and it was fine.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the answers so far!

Would you say I would need to give exact dates for Education / Employment sections? I would have to call up my Primary School if that were the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dunne1995

Thanks for all the answers so far!

Would you say I would need to give exact dates for Education / Employment sections? I would have to call up my Primary School if that were the case!

Don’t think it’s too important, I just wrote months and the year

Another quick question - proof I have passed the FE-1 exams? I have the letter from the last FE1 exam I passed from the law soc, and on it it says "congrats on passing the FE1s" would you say that was enough?

Planning to submit it all today!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Another quick question - proof I have passed the FE-1 exams? I have the letter from the last FE1 exam I passed from the law soc, and on it it says "congrats on passing the FE1s" would you say that was enough?

Planning to submit it all today!

Yep that is the letter you submit :)

Thank you all you have been tremendous help!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 10922UCD

Hello all,

I couldn't find the thread for Blackhall starters for September 2018 so I made one. :pac:

I was wondering if anyone had access to the PPC1 timetable for this year? I need to check when those mandatory irish classes are on.
    Probably after the ppc2 crowd get their results,in 3-4 weeks hopefully.
    The draft one from last year is still up to give you a flavour you can just download it onto your calendar if you have iPhone!
    Thanks for setting up this thread...
    PPC1 pack submitted,the iPad I want in mind, sessions in Sophies are on my to-do list and looking forward to meeting everyone!

smeal wrote: »

I'm actually still waiting to hear back from two applications for firms that definitely pay fees. My boss had said a while back that he would pay my fees but now that the time is coming around he is hooing and haing about it. I know its only €50 if you miss the deadline on the 15th June but have you ever heard of anyone not getting in for a late application? I know somebody about 4 years ago who got offered her traineeship a week before BH and was able to go on the course but 4 years ago there wouldn't have been as many people applying.
    Haven’t heard of anyone being rejected from BH before from late application...fingers crossed you get sorted.
    Did you check in with the Law Society on it?the info they give on the phone is fairly good and reassuring!I wouldn’t be concerned about that part if it were me to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rockstar23

Hey, in the education information section it’s mentions do you have examination from first Irish examination is that yes if have university degree etc?

Rockstar23 I just said I was exempt, I don't think that exam exists anymore? I think a university degree will exempt you anyways.

Did everyone get their application in on time? I was wondering when should we hear back from the Law Society?

Dunne1995 wrote: »
    I just wrote CAO points and it was fine.

How important are leaving cert results? I failed mine and went through system as a mature student.

They won’t reject your application based on leaving cert results.
    I heard back this week from the Law Society - confirming they processed the Indenture Fee which my firm paid.

10922UCD wrote: »
    They won’t reject your application based on leaving cert results.
    I heard back this week from the Law Society - confirming they processed the Indenture Fee which my firm paid.

When did you submit your application?

3.5 weeks ago!

I submitted mine to the Law Soc on 12 June and just got the receipt email from them there! so it takes time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Has anyone had any luck in getting their hands on the timetable yet? I was told that it'd be up last week but nothing as of yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Lumi77

no timetable but i have the dates
    starts on 4th sep and ends 29th march inclusive of exams

Lumi77 wrote: »
    no timetable but i have the dates
    starts on 4th sep and ends 29th march inclusive of exams

Law Society confirmed with me that the exams are 4th to 14th March.

I'd still like to see a proper timetable though from what I've heard they were changing it right up until two weeks into PPC1 last year

I called them few weeks ago and also this morning on this point.it will be “a few weeks” which is pretty much when we start PPC!Is anyone here choosing an upgrade for their iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Hi guys, due to start Blackhall in September. I sent in my application pack via the firm I have my training contract with. I haven't heard anything back from the law soc. Bit worried as I've found out a friend was emailed a receipt for hers. Any ideas if I should contact my firm or the law soc, or if this is normal? Thanks!

It depends on when you sent it in! If you sent it in recently then you were late and there will be delays amounting from that. But if you sent it in last month before the application deadline then you should have received your Indentures of Apprenticeship by now. I would say give the law society an email or call!

Hi guys, due to start Blackhall in September. I sent in my application pack via the firm I have my training contract with. I haven't heard anything back from the law soc. Bit worried as I've found out a friend was emailed a receipt for hers. Any ideas if I should contact my firm or the law soc, or if this is normal? Thanks!

I'm in the same position. My firm sent in my pack but I'm yet to hear anything.

I'm in the same position. My firm sent in my pack but I'm yet to hear anything.

I'm glad I'm not alone, I sent them an email last thursday and no reply,Mod deletion

edit; just received an email confirmation there now so they are still getting through them

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

randomrb wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not alone, I sent them an email last thursday and no reply, they are so difficult to deal with..

edit; just received an email confirmation there now so they are still getting through them

Thank you! I think it's just a case of a lot of applications to sort through so it's taking some time. It turns out my friend only got her email on Friday as opposed to weeks ago, so I'm not worried anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tigerlilly18

Hi does anybody know roughly when we will receive details of when to pay the fee etc and get the timetables. I have indentures registered etc. Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

My firm paid the fees end of May and I received receipt four weeks ago.Indentures have now been signed and sent back.Apparently getting timetable last week of August which is annoying...

Advertisement