Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy football

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got 84 this week! Got 56 last week I think. Only 15 behind the leader now.

Just need to get rid of Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm 17th or something I think, I didn't actually check yet. I need to get rid of Rooney as well.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I've a tradition of starting badly and getting much better as the season goes on - shocking start last year cost me big time, hope this years start didn't cost me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

If it's not too late, can I get the code to join? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

If it's not too late, can I get the code to join? Thanks :)

Can I get the code too please if its not too late, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'm really enjoying this so far, taken me a while to get the hang of it (so far had to sell Song and Aguero) but I'm slowly climbing! :p
    Gone from bottom to 12th. Bit of fun anyway :)

Great I'm in, hopefully will have a good start this weekend :)

Not a great start to my ladies lounge ff. Only for I had Tevez captain I was rightly screwed. Have 3 expensive enough defenders thinking of downgrading one of them to get Rvp or Torres in. Obviously this will mean a 4 point hit too n getting rid of Cisse Tevez(no way) or Graham.

Finished this week on 60 points. Had a poor return today though or it could have been a great week. Still sitting on 3rd in the league...

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Ended on 66 points - Swansea leaking 2 goals and Everton losing cost me - I have a feeling that its going to be one of those weird seasons again!

Went to update my lovely table - and its gone - have to start again, damn!

• Advertisement

Ended on 66 points - Swansea leaking 2 goals and Everton losing cost me - I have a feeling that its going to be one of those weird seasons again!

Went to update my lovely table - and its gone - have to start again, damn!
    66 was a good score considering you only had 9 players scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

God dammit Van Persie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

68 this week despite not have a full starting XI :D. Delighted with that.

General tips for people who never played this game/haven't a clue;

1: Don't buy expensive defenders/keepers. 5.5 is the max I'd spend on either. Use the rest to load up on the leagues best attacking talent.

2: Don't buy good defenders, buy cheep defenders from good defences; (Arsenal, United, Chelsea, City, Spurs, Newcastle, Stoke, West Ham)

3: Dont buy defencive midfilders, they're FF poison.

Tips for this week;

1: Don't make any transfers yet. Two weeks of internationals will see players get injured. Wait and see who gets injured. Think about playing your wildcard (As many free transfers as you like untill the next game week. Can only use once a season.) this week.

2: United are playing Wigan, Chelsea are playing QPR, Arsenal are playing Southampton. Put RVP, Hazard, Torres or Carzola as your captian. ;)

Oh and the person in 25th, you have two players who dont play in the PL anymore! Get the finger out! :p

1: Don't buy expensive defenders/keepers. 5.5 is the max I'd spend on either. Use the rest to load up on the leagues best attacking talent.

2: Don't buy good defenders, buy cheep defenders from good defences; (Arsenal, United, Chelsea, City, Spurs, Newcastle, Stoke, West Ham)

Tips for this week;

1: Don't make any transfers yet. Two weeks of internationals will see players get injured. Wait and see who gets injured. Think about playing your wildcard (As many free transfers as you like untill the next game week. Can only use once a season.) this week.

2: United are playing Wigan, Chelsea are playing QPR, Arsenal are playing Southampton. Put RVP, Hazard, Torres or Carzola as your captian. ;)

Oh and the person in 25th, you have two players who dont play in the PL anymore! Get the finger out! :p

Another tip, keep an eye on the number of fixtures in the next several game weeks, sometimes you'll have a team that doesn't play because of other commitments (meaning two teams are out that game week) so keep those players on the bench (eg chelsea this week). Or you'll have the opposite case where a team plays twice (chelsea last week) so buy some of those players, or at least make one of them captain!

Tips for this week;

Some great tips there. Just on the wildcard part there is another one in January afaik? http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Despite Van Persie's hat trick, Tevez scored the same number of points as him this week but Van Persie is nearly four million dearer. I'd rather spend that extra money on a top midfielder. 13.3 million for one player is just too much for me. He'd have to be scoring a hat trick every week to justify that!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Absolute muck week for me, couldn't edit my team on my phone and I was away from Wednesday until last night. Must do better this week...

Despite Van Persie's hat trick, Tevez scored the same number of points as him this week but Van Persie is nearly four million dearer. I'd rather spend that extra money on a top midfielder. 13.3 million for one player is just too much for me. He'd have to be scoring a hat trick every week to justify that!

I have Tevez too, just can't afford RVP. I need to find that other consistent striker to partner up Tevez. I don't think Adebayor is that player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Good old RVP, I thought it was all going downhill after the penalty miss... My new favourite United player :)

Had Hazard and Cole too, forgot they weren't playing this week, rookie mistake doing the wild card to get Hazard in this week.

Have Tevez as well. I'll keep him until his annual "I hate football, want to go back to Argentina" histrionics.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I have Tevez too, just can't afford RVP. I need to find that other consistent striker to partner up Tevez. I don't think Adebayor is that player.

Ya Adebayor is too inconsistent and Spurs are sh1te right now. Berbatov could be worth a crack now that he should be playing more often but again he's another Adebayor type...you just don't know what you're gonna get with him from one week to the next. I think I might take a punt on Fletcher though, reckon he could bang them in as he should get good quality service from Sunderland's wide players.

• Advertisement

I got the highest points of the week on the Ladies Lounge League! Woop woop! That has never happened before.

I went from +750000 in the rankings to 450000, he he.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'm really happy I signed up to fantasy football- I'd never done it before and had no idea what I was doing at the start but I've gone from last to 8th :D

I forgot to change my team and it worked out fairly alright! You had a great week Ivy!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

I've set up a fantasy football league for TLL. There was one last year and they're always a bit of fun! All welcome!

PM me for access code!

I might enter it. I ditched it last year coz it's as stressful as fook!

Midfielders are woefully expensive this year...

I was the administrator on last years one, so when I renewed the league when I logged in, everyone who has logged in and created their FF team for this year wwas automatically put back into The Ladies Lounge league, so MB you are in the old one whether ya like it or not!

List of teams entered so far in the original one!

Muffin Chuckers
    Shoveltoothstillsux
    Pooma Panthers
    The Monstars
    FC Arselona Carlene .
    Fighting Mongooses
    Mary'sMightyMuffins
    Great Year '74
    MurderOnZidanesFloor
    Monions all
    The Great Unknown
    Cummer Crusaders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

This sounds great! Didn't realise there was a TLL league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

Anyone looking for access PM rebel girl 15!

Advertisement