Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

If I switch to a new phone, and put my old sim into the new phone, can I just download the app and log in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

_Godot_ wrote: »
    If I switch to a new phone, and put my old sim into the new phone, can I just download the app and log in?

Yep .. . generally totally problem free. It might want you to do a 2-factor auth (sms confirm) .. but absolutely no hassle.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Schummi

Do expiring cards get replaced automatically, or do I need to order one?
    If done automatically, roughly how long before expiration?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Trading is now available for standard users

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Trading is now available for standard users

What does this mean exactly? I see Bitcoin is down to approx €8.5k, could I buy some through Revolut? I already have a Coinbase wallet (with other crypto in it), would I be better to stick with that?

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

madmoe wrote: »
    What does this mean exactly? I see Bitcoin is down to approx €8.5k, could I buy some through Revolut? I already have a Coinbase wallet (with other crypto in it), would I be better to stick with that?

Thanks,
    M
    It means that you can now buy stock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

madmoe wrote: »

Thanks,
    M

The Bitcoin function in Revolut is not a full wallet. You can buy/sell but you can not transfer in/out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

The Bitcoin function in Revolut is not a full wallet. You can buy/sell but you can not transfer in/out.

Thanks for that. Might be best for me to stick with Coinbase then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Schummi wrote: »
    Do expiring cards get replaced automatically, or do I need to order one?
    If done automatically, roughly how long before expiration?

Yea they send out a new Card a week or two before the end of that month, A pop-up will come up in the app telling you they have sent it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Put extra money on my Revolut earlier today to pay for tickets on Ticketmaster but it didn't work. I Tried and verified 3 times. I gave up in the end I had to use my PTSB bank card

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Put extra money on my Revolut earlier today to pay for tickets on Ticketmaster but it didn't work. I Tried and verified 3 times. I gave up in the end I had to use my PTSB bank card

Yeah I've had issues before with Ticketmaster on revolut

Only recent though, used to work fine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It shouldn't, some merchants are known to disable all contactless payments over 30.
    I'm pretty sure I read the limit is €5000
    It's whatever your bank's normal card limit is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Zardoz

gwalk wrote: »
    Yeah I've had issues before with Ticketmaster on revolut

Only recent though, used to work fine

Its since Revolut have introduced the Verified by Visa in the app.
    Its a fault with the Ticketmaster website as it effects Transferwise cards too .

Revolut was handy as it didnt have the Verified by Visa stage before so it was more reliable than a normal bank card .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its a fault with the Ticketmaster website as it effects Transferwise cards too .

Revolut was handy as it didnt have the Verified by Visa stage before so it was more reliable than a normal bank card .

Mines a Mastercard not visa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Zardoz

gwalk wrote: »
    Mines a Mastercard not visa

Sorry ,I should have said the 3D Secure process ,so both Mastercard and Visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Likewise - I've had problems recently with Revolut Mastercard & Ticketmaster. After you confirm the transaction in the App it still fails on TM website. Contact them via Twitter to let them know its till broken!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

Sorry if this question has been asked already.

If you are buying online from an English site and paying in £'s, what's the best way to pay with Revolut?

- Exchange € to £ and pay with £ account?
    - Or just pay with the € account?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Smacs89 wrote: »

If you are buying online from an English site and paying in £'s, what's the best way to pay with Revolut?

TIA

Exchange to £ before the weekend while the markets are open and trading for best rate

Smacs89 wrote: »

TIA

Leave the money in € pay in £, Revolut will do the conversion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Just wonder do the normal deposit protections apply or is it regulated in the BVI or work :)

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

Sorry if this question has been asked in prior pages. I am heading to the UK next weekend. I have money in my sterling wallet that I got when the sterling was weak. Is there anyway to ensure that when using my Revolut next weekend it takes from my sterling wallet and not my euro wallet?

scheister wrote: »
    Sorry if this question has been asked in prior pages. I am heading to the UK next weekend. I have money in my sterling wallet that I got when the sterling was weak. Is there anyway to ensure that when using my Revolut next weekend it takes from my sterling wallet and not my euro wallet?

If you're spending in sterling and there's enough in the sterling wallet it will take it from there first

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Found the card faultless when I was over, took out no cash and had no crappy change or small notes.

Great card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

On a flight with Aer Lingus today and tried to pay for a coffee with my card but was told they're not taking Revolut anymore... Seemed strange but didn't want to create a fuss. Happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Zardoz wrote: »

That means Ticketmaster are not sca compliance. New card payment compliance required in Europe. They need to sort out their website quick quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

JeffKenna wrote: »
    On a flight with Aer Lingus today and tried to pay for a coffee with my card but was told they're not taking Revolut anymore... Seemed strange but didn't want to create a fuss. Happen to anyone else?

Shouldn't be turning it down, it's a correct payment method.

Very poor.

I'd be getting onto them on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

That would mean they don't accept prepaid cards?

Whenever a business says they don't accept a certain brand of card, I'd start to question it. If they said they don't take prepaid cards, fair enough, but to be specific to a certain card issued by visa/mastercard, I call shennanigans!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

Would it not be more a cant do offline transactions issue with Revolut ?

Tom1991 wrote: »
    Would it not be more a cant do offline transactions issue with Revolut ?

Aren't all transactions online these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

-=al=- wrote: »
    That would mean they don't accept prepaid cards?

Whenever a business says they don't accept a certain brand of card, I'd start to question it. If they said they don't take prepaid cards, fair enough, but to be specific to a certain card issued by visa/mastercard, I call shennanigans!
    Yeah now that you say it she said something about prepaid cards before she said they don't accept Revolut. Gave it a Google and it does seem to be the case they don't accept prepaid cards for on board purchases.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement