Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I don't get the clown one.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

I don't get the clown one.

It's a well known trope that there's never just 1 clown in a car... (go to 35secs)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Looks like I picked a good time to not be named Karen!
    That's such a Karen thing to say.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Midster wrote: »
    How do you do put images up on here anyway?

Mod: You can copy the URL of the image or the gif you want to post, then click on the little icon here that looks like a picture of a mountain with the sun and a yellow sky, and paste your link in there (make sure you only have one "http://" or "https://").

Alternatively, you can type [noparse]noparse],then your URL, then [noparse][/noparse] again, like so: [noparse]funny-instagram-accounts-12-beigecardigan.jpg[/noparse]

and you get this:

funny-instagram-accounts-12-beigecardigan.jpg

The procedure is slightly different if you need to attach pictures you have on your phone or your computer, or to embed YouTube videos, for instance, but try with this ^^^ and see how you get on. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    How do they sleep at night with the books in descending order rather than ascending?
    But this way leaves page 1 at right end of the books

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

New Home wrote: »

The procedure is slightly different if you need to attach pictures you have on your phone or your computer, or to embed YouTube videos, for instance, but try with this ^^^ and see how you get on. :)
    Has something changed with google recently? The way I used to post was this:
    1. search for the image
    2. right click on image and select "open image in new tab" option
    3. copy image address from url
    4. go back to my boards post, use "insert image" icon and paste the link
    5. voila, my image is posted

Now when I do the same, I get to stage three and the new image address is weird. When I try to post it into boards, it won't let me. Has anyone else had a problem like this? :confused:

Some sites are putting in redirect URLs to stop people sharing the image this way, I usually download and then upload to boards and link to the saved image when a direct link fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Some sites are putting in redirect URLs to stop people sharing the image this way, I usually download and then upload to boards and link to the saved image when a direct link fails.

It's not that, lots of sites were up in arms about Google direct linking their images and losing potential visitors so Google changed it so you don't get the direct link to the image anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111271739#post111271739

I'm surprised the people with too much time on their hands haven't been screaming child abuse on this one!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭wally79

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111271739#post111271739

I'm surprised the people with too much time on their hands haven't been screaming child abuse on this one!:rolleyes:

Offended that no one is offended?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Re Hannah and her amazing medical knowledge, the iliac artery is in the pelvis and the radial artery in the lower arm. So no, I wouldn't hire her.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Disappointed that the Hector image is nonsense. </factcheck>

Noel Gugliemi - https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0346595/

85620949.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Mr E wrote: »

85620949.png

he's still played 'hector' 7 times not including sequels etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

ganmo wrote: »
    he's still played 'hector' 7 times not including sequels etc

And he doesn't even look like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Bootup wrote: »
    HvqhFeW.jpg

Or in your case in 2018 because nobody found it funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

cEINtZP.jpg?1

Your radial artery is in your arm. Hannah just started a lawsuit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Re Hannah and her amazing medical knowledge, the iliac artery is in the pelvis and the radial artery in the lower arm. So no, I wouldn't hire her.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who went looking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The bin at 1.03. If you see me face down in that I'm not drowning and I will beat the sh!t out of you if you try rescue me.
    New Home wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You'll have to fight me to get to it, first.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Nosnon wrote: »
    The bin at 1.03. If you see me face down in that I'm not drowning and I will beat the sh!t out of you if you try rescue me.
    That vienetta video is hypnotic!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

gozunda wrote: »
    ?

A lot of the time a server waits till you have a mouthful of food to ask how the food is..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

GBX wrote: »
    A lot of the time a server waits till you have a mouthful of food to ask how the food is..

I thought that the person was a vegan trying to secretly have a burger.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It's like PTSD. You are seeing vegans everywhere

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

boombang wrote: »

Also, "PML Group". Or Peed Myself Laughing Group, to give them their proper title. :pac: :)

Yep. It's called "The Fargo".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Given the thread title - that seems as good explanation as any tbh :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111301186&postcount=8544

Proud of Henry Ford?
    axafk.jpg

In August 1938, Ford received the Grand Cross of the German Eagle, the highest Nazi decoration for distinguished foreigners

Advertisement