Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

Hococop wrote: »
    Fournette seems injury prone, I know ajayi will be back so maybe having both along with sproles to spread the ball would be good ( blount, ajayi and Clement)

Blount is in Detroit and Sproles has retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I know that just meant it would be similar to the Superbowl win

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

When did sproles retire? Feck thought he would stay one more year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hey guys havent posted here in a long time, what do ye make of DJax returning, i must admit, im delighted, always felt it was a big mistake trading him and while obviously maybe not the player he was at 32, still feel he'll be a good signing for next season

Hey guys havent posted here in a long time, what do ye make of DJax returning, i must admit, im delighted, always felt it was a big mistake trading him and while obviously maybe not the player he was at 32, still feel he'll be a good signing for next season

Delighted! He should never have left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,560 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Not delighted but not disliking it either. I'll see what his attitude is first.

Any thoughts on a new RB? Ingram has gone to the Ravens and with our salary cap seems like the draft is our only option?

Payed djax more than I would have liked to he seems like a better version of the Tory smith - Mike Wallace role so that should go well

With regards rb most players I liked are off the board at this stage. Maby ajayi on a 1 year deal or someone in the draft? I heard duke Johnson could be available now due to the depth at rb in the browns

Yeah if he was available, i like Duke Johnson, good pass catcher and can get yards on the ground, could be very good i think behind our O Line

Duke Johnson would be welcome, Since they havent sorted Golden Tate by now I feel he will end up leaving. Would like to keep him, dont think we used him enough last year.

• Advertisement

So how are we feeling about the look of the squad lads?

Feel like we have a good team overall, just worried about the few injuries even if reports they will be there for week 1, seeing what happened luck has me worried for Wentz a small bit

Feel like we have a good team overall, just worried about the few injuries even if reports they will be there for week 1, seeing what happened luck has me worried for Wentz a small bit

Ya I'm similar with wentz the back issue last season in particular would be concerning. Having said that on paper this is maby our best offence I have seen if wentz stays healthy

nerd69 wrote: »
    Confident enough and given the giants, redskins, and the cowboys have their issues of varying type off the field whereas the eagles seem to be good in that regard. Brandon brooks seems to be getting there but if Carson wentz goes down again for the back or something else, then we don't have nick foles anymore as our "in emergency break glass" break glass QB any more, and then I'd be worried.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Confident enough and given the giants, redskins, and the cowboys have their issues of varying type off the field whereas the eagles seem to be good in that regard. Brandon brooks seems to be getting there but if Carson wentz goes down again for the back or something else, then we don't have nick foles anymore as our "in emergency break glass" break glass QB any more, and then I'd be worried.

Mccown is competent at least Clayton thornson looked real bad in the first game like all time bad

Overall pretty pleased, keeping tate would have been a waste given he is now suspended for 4 games. Having our back up QBs get injured was very worrying so if Wentz stays healthy we should be in for a good season.

Not too worried about the division at present. If Zeke sits for the season I expect Dak to struggle against some of the better teams.

Playoffs for sure!

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Mccown is competent at least Clayton thornson looked real bad in the first game like all time bad
    He is but he was retired and it's going to take a bit of time for him if not to learn the play book, but to get himself up to game shape. I think Cody Kessler was worse. Thornson looked somewhat okay in game 2. Taking away the concussion he got, during the preseason even with the 1s he's looked like he's lost.

Jason mailata the young Australian they signed last year is coming on very well and this preseason he's gotten some serious game time which he needs.

Hey lads, yeah happy enough with the squad, but QB is a concern if Wentz gets injured again, delighted DJax is back, and now i just read the Bills released Shady.....

Shady gone to Kansas, $3 million at least it's not the NFC and happy he is back with andy

Very much not liking that everyone is ranking our roster so highly

• Advertisement

Very much not liking that everyone is ranking our roster so highly

Well it’s the old on paper stuff nerd. On paper the team is a good roster.

And yes I know the saying about paper and things on it.

Watched the highlights there, disappointed but if I was to take a positive it's playing a close game missing nearly all our main receivers (goddert, Jeffery, jackson and Clement)

Watched the highlights there, disappointed but if I was to take a positive it's playing a close game missing nearly all our main receivers (goddert, Jeffery, jackson and Clement)
    my thoughts exactly, also Seumalo struggled all game. Do we have a replacement?

Very annoying loss to the lions yesterday.

We can't catch the ****ing ball clearly. We had so many drops yesterday and easy balls that for a TE like Dallas goedart it was criminal that pass he dropped. NA Should not be back in phillly next year. Carson wentz shouldn't take the blame for the loss yesterday like some are doing but he still yesterday didn't throw to open receivers down the stretch. He either doesn't see them open or goes for guy that's covered. Miles sanders after a shaky start did okay. We are predictable and the lions covered zach ertz and it was said on commentary "who else is there ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Wow, hasn't been a post here for a while. So, let's look at this season. I've never seen a team as decimated as we have been injury wise in key areas. DJ was our deep threat, was a beast against the Redskins. Haven't had him. Our Corner backs were decimated for most of the season and cost us dearly. Our D in general has been banged up for the first half.

Last few weeks, it's been the offense, particularly the receiving unit, that has been banged up. Hardly any main starters against both the Patriots and Seahawks and we still made those games competitive (mainly due to our D and also the fact our cornerbacks are all healthy so don't have to play the entire game). If the Cowboys, for as vaulted as they are as a team, actually were anyway decent, they'd have put this division to bed. They have begun their 4 hard games in a row before their effective bye against the Deadskins while we begin our easy 3 game streak before meeting them week 16. We could be 8-8 and still win the division.

I've got the Cowboys being sunk by the Bears and Rams, which puts them 6-8 (even though the Bears are glob awful offensively, Dak has already shown he gives INTs to good D, and the Rams are too good in the air for that Dallas D). We will beat the Dolphins and Deadskins and should beat the Giants, putting us at 8-6. Still probably need to beat the Cowboys to ensure our place in the play-offs and then another win against the Giants. So, 10-6 is still there, which is mental. But I think the Cowboys beat us if DJ isn't back and meaning we have to win the other 4 to go 9-7 and clinch the division.

This teams ****ed

Absolute joke, Groh need to go as I think he is screwing up Wentz, Schwartz threading on ice aswell

Absolute joke, Groh need to go as I think he is screwing up Wentz, Schwartz threading on ice aswell

Groh has needed to go for done time now I was annoyed he got this year they ain't cutting him mid season

• Advertisement

Well that was ****ing depressing to watch. I normally will rewatch the eagles games on game pass during the week but I think I’ll give this one a skip. It was like having an operation in the full of your senses without anaesthetic. I actually don’t know what to say lads but in the off season there needs to a serious look at the coaching staff call a spade a spade, because it’s not bloody working.

Advertisement