Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Not gonna lie, I cried at the end. Amazing, absolutely amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Amazing game. They went at it like true gunslingers. Foles deserved that win. He played his heart out. Didn't make a mistake all night. Not many journeymen third choice qb get to life vince Lombardi.

Thank you to Tom bill and bob. I think this is the end for them as a trifecta. Thanks for the memories. Welcome to the foles era.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Right up until the time Wentz got hurt I expected us to have a shot at winning it all but to actually get it done given all the injuries the Eagles have had is hugely impressive. Great night to be an Eagles fan. That was one of the weirdest games I can remember but up against a great QB you'll give up big plays. For the Pats they're up against a staff that was brave enough to keep taking shots throughout the game and that is tough to defend against. Two offences taking shots all day and it hinged on a couple of key plays

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Congrats guys, played to win and got it done. Best team won, enjoy the success

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Congrats guys. Enjoy it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, I cried at the end. Amazing, absolutely amazing.

As did I buddy absoloutly amazing I didn't think this team would make the playoffs at the start of the year this is a really special group of players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Congrats lads, delighted for ye. Thought Petersons play calling was superb, never took his foot off the throttle. And Foles was outstanding yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lads watching the game in a pub with tears running down my eyes with the win

I thought with Wentz out we were done what a win hahahahha

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLY EAGLES FLY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I'll post in detail tomorrow. Tears flowed. We did it. I've loved these saps in green since 1990. Through highs and lows but tonight for the first time I go to bed knowing we are the champs.

It's still carsons team and he can create a dynasty but tonight I worship at the alter of foles.

Also, if Foles does decide, along with the team, to move on or if he sticks around, when he eventually does go, that number 9 will be retired. Amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Not the biggest Philly sports fan, but I'm delighted for the long suffering fans on here! Can only imagine how ye were feeling last night/this morning, congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

As a Pats fan, I'd like to congratulate all you Eagles fans here on the win last night. We lost two Superbowls to The Giants, thanks to some flukey & freaky plays. But last night, ye earned a really well deserved victory. And with Foles getting his ring after the few years he's had, I don't think a nicer guy could have won it.

image.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Delighted for ye guys, cheered you all the way last night. Great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well i still cant believe they are superbowl champions, honestly didnt think we would go this far when Wentz went down injured, but fair play to Nick Foles, seems a really nice lad and really stepped up when needed and totally deserves his time in the spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The biggest kudos should go to Doug Pederson imo. He didn't overthink things or panic at any stage. He put this team together and dealt so well with all the injuries to key players. The trade for Ajayi was another very smart piece of business during the season.

Congrats on the win, you deserved in for being the best team in the league this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭JoshRosen

Not long after waking up, What a game! As a Giants fan, my one & only congrats post :)

Only 7 months more nights sleep till the regular season begins again

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Howie roseman, Doug Pederson deserve statues next to the rocky one. I still can't believe it. Nick foles might not be in Philly next season but Jesus what leverage he has. A super bowl MVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well it wasn't a dream. It's not Tuesday afternoon and the eagles are actually super bowl champions.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well it wasn't a dream. It's not Tuesday afternoon and the eagles are actually super bowl champions.

Still haven't really settled in but it's been at least 2 days since I heard "the eagles don't even have a ring"

It's Wednesday and I'm still pinching myself. I cannot believe that we are the champions. Especially not in the way we did it. Foles will never have to buy a drink in Philly ever again. Neither will Graham.

This team is incredible. I'm looking at what we need in the draft and all we really need is a corner, maybe two. No reason why with Wentz, Peters and Hicks back next year we can't do it again. Only down side to winning is the tickets for the game in London will be harder to get now, but I don't give a fcuk. Also, Merill Resse better be getting a ring too, that man deserves one!

• Advertisement

It's Wednesday and I'm still pinching myself. I cannot believe that we are the champions. Especially not in the way we did it. Foles will never have to buy a drink in Philly ever again. Neither will Graham.

This team is incredible. I'm looking at what we need in the draft and all we really need is a corner, maybe two. No reason why with Wentz, Peters and Hicks back next year we can't do it again. Only down side to winning is the tickets for the game in London will be harder to get now, but I don't give a fcuk. Also, Merill Resse better be getting a ring too, that man deserves one!

Reese will get a ring they are also giving dorenbos one which is outstanding and most importantly as a member of our coaching staff Brian ****ing Dawkins finally gets a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Watched the miced up highlights... stomach was in knots. How did I manage to survive that game...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Only caught Foles on Jimmy Kimmell there last night, aired a few days ago. He is doing well on the media tour.

I find it strange that Brady hasn't reached out to offer his congratulations yet.

So will Foles stay? A lot of Qb needy teams out there!

Only caught Foles on Jimmy Kimmell there last night, aired a few days ago. He is doing well on the media tour.

I find it strange that Brady hasn't reached out to offer his congratulations yet.

So will Foles stay? A lot of Qb needy teams out there!
    Yeah, he will. Only way he'd go is if the Browns offered both their first rounds and a second round pick IMHO. We need him as Wentz may not start the season and definitely won't start pre-season. I also feel this team really want to stick together. Unfortunately, our cap won't allow that and we are already 2 years into Wentz's 4 year rookie deal, meaning in 2 years we are going to be paying him minimum 15 mil.

And Brady is honestly the sorest loser ever. GOAT QB but not someone that a young kid should look up to when it comes to humility.

Yeah, he will. Only way he'd go is if the Browns offered both their first rounds and a second round pick IMHO. We need him as Wentz may not start the season and definitely won't start pre-season. I also feel this team really want to stick together. Unfortunately, our cap won't allow that and we are already 2 years into Wentz's 4 year rookie deal, meaning in 2 years we are going to be paying him minimum 15 mil.

And Brady is honestly the sorest loser ever. GOAT QB but not someone that a young kid should look up to when it comes to humility.

Even if Brady is a sore loser he wouldnt have not shaken hands with Peyton, Eli, Ben etc. Really bad to not go and make a gesture to a guy who is a back up.

I dont think your getting that type of hawl from trading Foles, he only has one year on his existing deal interestingly if he stays and Wentz starts poorly it could affect the dynamic of the team. Alot of people think he's good enough to start elsewhere.

Even if Brady is a sore loser he wouldnt have not shaken hands with Peyton, Eli, Ben etc. Really bad to not go and make a gesture to a guy who is a back up.

I dont think your getting that type of hawl from trading Foles, he only has one year on his existing deal interestingly if he stays and Wentz starts poorly it could affect the dynamic of the team. Alot of people think he's good enough to start elsewhere.
    I know, it makes even less sense not to shake hands with him. Like, in both SB's against the Giants, he outplayed Eli. He was the second best QB on the night of the SB 52, so makes even less sense why he didn't shake his hand or, at least, not send him a message.

I don't either. But I think a. the Philly fans would be p1ssed if we traded him for less than that, b. I think Foles is very happy where he is. Around a team that loves him, a city that loves him and vice versa, his family live there too and c. it's better to have that problem than it is for Wentz to play badly and have an unproven Sudfield. He played well against the Cowboys but still did nothing. Highest ever completion percentage by a QB in his first game and not a single score to show for it.

Also, Wentz and Foles have a great relationship and put the team first. Foles showed Wentz doesn't have to be RG3-esque to win. RG3 had to continue to be mobile even after come back (early, mind you) from his ACL tear and he paid for that. Wentz doesnt have to rush back (cause we have Foles) or be as mobile (it is helpful, but I would prefer he protected himself better. Blount even said it when he got hit in the Rams game, before any of us, including the Eagles management, knew how bad it actually was.

I think we don't get more than a late first early second if we are lucky.

I also think foles will want to stay and you can't really force him out after being Super Bowl MVP

nerd69 wrote: »
    I think we don't get more than a late first early second if we are lucky.

I also think foles will want to stay and you can't really force him out after being Super Bowl MVP

Why would you want to force him out?

If he wants to stay I would 100% keep him. Makes sense.

Why would you want to force him out?

If he wants to stay I would 100% keep him. Makes sense.

Because he has a year left after which he almost certainly leaves for big bucks and you could potentially get a first rounder for him

• Advertisement

nerd69 wrote: »
    Because he has a year left after which he almost certainly leaves for big bucks and you could potentially get a first rounder for him

He just won you a superbowl. There are more important things than draft picks IMO. I'll take him in Washington though, you can have all of our draft picks. We do f*** all with them anyway!

Advertisement