Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pretty sure junk food is making my periods worse.

• 13-08-2019 2:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else find this?

But i didn't eat great this last two weeks. I got my period and my god was it a bad one.

Much worse than usual.

I knew this just from my own body. But then i did some research and its been proven sugar makes cramps worse. It makes more prostaglandins which makes you cramp more.

Salty foods and fatty foods make more prostaglandins too.

Other suspects are dairy and caffeine.

Am going to have to cut them out ....i can't go through this again every month. Not even solpadeine knocked out the cramps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Does anyone else find this?

But i didn't eat great this last two weeks. I got my period and my god was it a bad one.

Much worse than usual.

I knew this just from my own body. But then i did some research and its been proven sugar makes cramps worse. It makes more prostaglandins which makes you cramp more.

Salty foods and fatty foods make more prostaglandins too.

Other suspects are dairy and caffeine.

Am going to have to cut them out ....i can't go through this again every month. Not even solpadeine knocked out the cramps.

Can caffeine make them worse? I'm on a serious caffeine bender lately, having gotten a new coffee machine. My periods are horrendous. They come over the space of 24 hours and then it's done, like it never happened, but I nearly bleed out over that 1 day and feel like absolute crap. It's handy in other ways though too, in that the hassle is over in 24 hours and I'm period free again. Wonder is it the coffee now that you mention it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Diet and weight definitely affect mine.
    Makes sense.
    Swelling, bloating, movement in the area will affect organs, I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Can caffeine make them worse? I'm on a serious caffeine bender lately, having gotten a new coffee machine. My periods are horrendous. They come over the space of 24 hours and then it's done, like it never happened, but I nearly bleed out over that 1 day and feel like absolute crap. It's handy in other ways though too, in that the hassle is over in 24 hours and I'm period free again. Wonder is it the coffee now that you mention it.

I am not a medical professional but yes I have read caffeine makes them worse and also that it makes the symptoms of pms worse.

Makes sense.
    Swelling, bloating, movement in the area will affect organs, I think!

I think its more that it affects your hormones.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

I am not a medical professional but yes I have read caffeine makes them worse and also that it makes the symptoms of pms worse.

Makes sense because I get into the worst mood b4 mine

Advertisement