Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Puroresu (Japanese Wrestling) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I was a bit disappointed with Okada vs KENTA the crowd didn't seem into either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I was a bit disappointed with Okada vs KENTA the crowd didn't seem into either.

Same. KENTA is struggling for me. I see people raving about the matches he’s having and, fair enough, it might not be clicking with me but part of me wonders if people just want it to work so much they’re being wilfully blind to the fact it’s not clicking. Which sucks and I hope that changes because NJPW could use someone like him firing on all cylinders to mix up the main event scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Sanada is so boring to me the last few months. His playing to the crowd for cheers at the start of his matches and the nonsense with the Paradise Lock take so much time. His matches seem to go on forever with nothing really happening. Some of the spots in his match with Ibushi looked atrocious, at one point he went for a dropkick which Ibushi didn't even have to move to avoid and then he went for a moonsault and landed nowhere near where Ibushi was initially lying.

Bad Luck Fale needs to be dropped from the G1 next year. He is absolutely horrendous and really should not be allowed work anymore singles matches in New Japan.

Lance Archer has been one of the best things about the G1. He's consistently having killer matches, has very impressive agility for a big and has shown that he more than deserves his place. His match with Ibushi yesterday was so much fun.

Moxley has been inmense in the tournament too. He carries himself so well. The difference between this and what he was in WWE is astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not as good as his match with Ishii but still a really enjoyable match with Naito from Mox.

Mox is killing it at the G1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Moxley/Naito was great, Moxley is MVP of the G1 so far, he's been class. Could the master thief steal a victory from him though? Wouldn't be surprised, although I thought KENTA was going to beat Okada so who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I am thinking of signing up to NJPW World at the start of August but I just want to know is there an app for it? And can I cast from the app to my Chromecast? I don't have an xbox or the like I just want to cast from my phone/tablet to my tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Autecher wrote: »
    I am thinking of signing up to NJPW World at the start of August but I just want to know is there an app for it? And can I cast from the app to my Chromecast? I don't have an xbox or the like I just want to cast from my phone/tablet to my tv?

There is an app, but it's terrible. All it does really is link to the website.

Not sure if it has Chromecast capabilities to be honest.

You can cast from your laptop to TV, service always runs smoothly for me (it’s not mirroring cast either like some so you don’t have to leave it open).

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

I have the app on Android. When I open the app it just brings me to the website on browser. But when I press play on the video it opens in the app so the app is just needed for playing the video and you can cast from there.

Could watch ZSJ all day, he's so smooth in the ring, great match with Ospreay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    I have the app on Android. When I open the app it just brings me to the website on browser. But when I press play on the video it opens in the app so the app is just needed for playing the video and you can cast from there.
    Thanks Ali! Thanks also to gerrybbadd and leggo!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I chromecast from my phone. I've an iPhone though, essentially there is an app that is just for chromecasting it. So I use, the website, find what I want to watch and there's a chromecast button, that opens the app and starts playing the video, then I have to click chromecast.

Yano does it again :D B Block has opened up nicely now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Apparently, Sanada is currently a free agent and WWE are seriously looking into signing him.

Very silly of NJPW to let this situation arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Apparently, Sanada is currently a free agent and WWE are seriously looking into signing him.

Very silly of NJPW to let this situation arise.

He's always been a free agent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

ERG89 wrote: »
    He's always been a free agent

Really? That's nuts, thought it was just a recent thing.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Really? That's nuts, thought it was just a recent thing.

No, it is very much like the Ibushi situation was until he signed earlier this year except Sanada might be more willing to sign for wwe than Kota was.

Last 2 matches were fantastic & now time for Ibushi vs Okada.

Main event was good but both are capable of so much better. Definitely the 3rd best match tonight.

Loved the main event, Ibushi is so good. Ospreay/Tanahashi as well, two great matches to close out A block. Ibushi/White final?

Last 2 matches were fantastic & now time for Ibushi vs Okada.

Main event was good but both are capable of so much better. Definitely the 3rd best match tonight.

They’re capable of more but I think the point is that they were holding off. The match told a specific story of Okada trying to run out the clock because even a draw would ensure he won the block, while Ibushi was rushing and trying to get as much damage done as possible. It was really different and I thought they executed really well. If you’re coming in looking for your textbook NJPW 6-star main event filled with tons of back and forth false finishes, I get how you’d walk away feeling like you didn’t get what you paid for. But that also wouldn’t have been logical for the context of the match: Okada wouldn’t go balls to the wall looking for the win and Ibushi may be more methodical in a main event title match where he’s not racing against the clock too.

As it stands, I think we got a really fun match while they could still go out and main event Tokyo Dome in January with a completely fresh match too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Tetsuya Naito & The Infinite Sadness

Clegg wrote: »
    Tetsuya Naito & The Infinite Sadness

He's not quite Goto who's name I'm convinced translates to Mayo at this stage.
    His time was 18 months ago & they ruined it; instead opting for Omega to have a run they needed to end early which in hindsight wasn't a particularly memorable reign unless you loved his title defences vs Cody.
    Average enough match by both their standards. Like yesterday it wasnt near the top 10 matches of the tournament.
    At least the final will apparently see no interference as Jay White is like TNA era Jeff Jarrett with matches littered by run-ins & ref bumps despite the fact he's able to go.

He can't be back???
    Can he?

He can't be back???
    Can he?

Michael Cole, is that you?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Michael Cole, is that you?

I didnt want to spoil the angle as it was on the undercard which most people might not watch but of course you already know that. :rolleyes:

I didnt want to spoil the angle as it was on the undercard which most people might not watch but of course you already know that. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Thats why spoiler tags were invented :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is a really valid thing for the pair of you to argue about.

leggo wrote: »
    This is a really valid thing for the pair of you to argue about.

I'm not arguing. Having some fun:p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Can we discuss the results of the G1 Final without spoilers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Be still my beating heart.
    I missed cocky bastard KENTA so ****ing much. Having him join BC is such a perfect move I'm actually surprised that I didn't see it coming.

However, Shibata has been "my guy" for years now, and his promo after his brain injury was one of the most emotional moments I've watched in pro wrestling in quite some time.

To see him hit the ring and start wrestling again, and to give us that tease that he might be healthly enough to return was just pure magic. It made KENTA become an ever bigger heel (Probably the most hated man in Japanese wrestling right now!) and it has gotten my hopes up so much that Shibata might make that return.

If he does, Jesus I'm going to lose it.

After all that I'm even more excited about Royal Quest at the end of the moment, especially if we get
    Okada vs Suzuki
    as the main event.

Advertisement