Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just-eat.ie Discounts - No code requests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Codes:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ruad

GIRLCREW10 for 10% off...better than nothin' sure!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Ruad wrote: »

Thanks.

Confirmed 10% off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Ruad wrote: »

Voucher has expired :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I realised the other day that Just Eat are charging more for the dishes from our local takeaway. Each dish is about €1 more than if you were to order from the takeaways own website. Is this how just eat make their money?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

I realised the other day that Just Eat are charging more for the dishes from our local takeaway. Each dish is about €1 more than if you were to order from the takeaways own website. Is this how just eat make their money?

Restaurant raise their prices for the JE website because JE takes a cut of their revenues. It'll always be equal to more convenient if you order straight from the restaurant.

Deliveroo on the other hand does deliveries for restaurants that typically dont deliver. You do pay a service fee but at least there is somethink unique about their offering. JE are just leeches... IMHO

But soon enough (maybe not so soon in Ireland) Amazon and Uber will enter the meal delivery space. They have started in certain cities in the States and will roll out in London very soon. Best of all, it's part of Prime so you dont pay anything extra (if you're a Prime member). Look at the GrubHub share price (JE US competitor)... it looks there heading for the graveyard.
    Sorry a bit OT but not particularly fond of JE, Marvin etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Any codes active at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Restaurant raise their prices for the JE website because JE takes a cut of their revenues. It'll always be equal to more convenient if you order straight from the restaurant.

Deliveroo on the other hand does deliveries for restaurants that typically dont deliver. You do pay a service fee but at least there is somethink unique about their offering. JE are just leeches... IMHO

Interesting. Two Japanese restaurants recently left JustEat in Galway. One went to Deliveroo and indicated they were better, I have to imagine that means their fees are less. I don't completely understand your comment as JustEat also charges a delivery fee... one of the aforementioned restaurants was a €5 delivery fee. Are they also taking a cut of the meal price whcih Deliveroo don't? Anyhow, Deliveroo suck because they don't deliver more than 1km beyond the city centre. Why pay for it when you can walk to it? Meanwhile they don't serve thousands of houses 5km away.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Interesting. Two Japanese restaurants recently left JustEat in Galway. One went to Deliveroo and indicated they were better, I have to imagine that means their fees are less. I don't completely understand your comment as JustEat also charges a delivery fee... one of the aforementioned restaurants was a €5 delivery fee. Are they also taking a cut of the meal price whcih Deliveroo don't? Anyhow, Deliveroo suck because they don't deliver more than 1km beyond the city centre. Why pay for it when you can walk to it? Meanwhile they don't serve thousands of houses 5km away.

I believe it's the restaurants that charge the delivery fee, not Just-Eat. Lots of places in Limerick that have no delivery fees. I've always thought that Just-Eat take a percentage of your total price, plus the card fee if you're paying by card.

I know restaurants would prefer you to buy from them directly (obviously), as I once got a call from a place about 30 minutes after my food was delivered telling me that they'd just set up their own website and that in future I could order from there and the restaurant would get more money.

Personally, I prefer using Just-Eat as I'd trust a large company like them with my credit card details a lot more than I'd trust random restaurant websites... Plus there's the benefit of just having it all in one place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Any codes active at the moment?

15% from http://heinekenrugbyclub.com/ie/hrc/wallet/ valid till 16th June.

Will need to register dob and email address.

Also €5 Hailo voucher at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Dinner tonight sorted so.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

MCSH1023 heres the code I got, Not used....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

DaraDali wrote: »
    MCSH1023 heres the code I got, Not used....

Used by someone already - and not a thanks to show for it (as usual).

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Glenn220390

Try using FLWR1*** change the 3 asterisks to random numbers, Ive used FLWR1863, this is from the Heineken website and gives 15% off Ive check a few and they all worked, the only thing is you will be using other peoples codes that have signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Try using FLWR1*** change the 3 asterisks to random numbers, Ive used FLWR1863, this is from the Heineken website and gives 15% off Ive check a few and they all worked, the only thing is you will be using other peoples codes that have signed up.

Worked, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Worked for me just now. Thanks !

Typical, no plans for a takeaway and the codes come flooding in. You want a code and the thread is idle for days. Feast or a famine round here ;)

Thanks for the codes, might use one tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Mr.S wrote: »
    USDR****

Replace * with random numbers under 2000 and it should work for 15% off too :)

This is excellent - thanks for sharing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mr.S wrote: »
    USDR****

Replace * with random numbers under 2000 and it should work for 15% off too :)

Just wanted to chip in to confirm this code, used 1915 there and saved a few €'s. Cheers you legend. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Used it thanks.

USDR code confirmed to work, thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

15% off JustEat if you sign up to Heineken Rugby club http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057602907

AER16 was on my boarding ticket for discount recently, should get a discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

AER16 was on my boarding ticket for discount recently, should get a discount

15% :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Just used USDR1117 and seemed to work fine, thanks for the tip :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 IEG

Usdr1157 worked for me :) cheers

Just to save people some time, USDR11** seem to be all gone, so don't waste time trying them. USDR12** and USDR15** are valid codes (probably USDR1***).

AER16 is working though. Probably a single use code, but still, cheers for that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭andy125

Any.new codes the above don't work

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

aer16 worked,Thanks:)

Advertisement