Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 16 Russia

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Looks like Ferrari are going to **** this up for themselves.

Go Seb and win this race on merit and so Charles who the boss is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Seb is flying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Ferrari can go fcuk itself, Leclerc did not let Vettel pass.

So no matter what happens at race start they are just going to go back in starting grid order? Fcuk that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Wouldn't really be a fan of Vettel but fair play to him for sticking to his guns.If that was Bottas and Hamilton, Bottas would have just let him passed no questions asked

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

This is embarrassing from Ferrari. Drivers now having a row over the radio during a race !

More of the same, I think it's great. Would you prefer drivers calmly agreeing with everything. A whole grid full of Bottas clones doing what they're told?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

BikeRacer wrote: »
    Multi 21 Part 2.

Not comparable. In this case Vettle has a 3 second gap. Why should he allow a slower driver pass and loose the gap he has built ??? If Charles was 0.5 seconds behind I would think differently.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

To those giving out about LeClerc ‘whinging’.

If I was told to hold back for a couple of laps (which is clearly the case here), then I was told there would be a swap, only to be told again there would be a swap next lap, and then the swap would be called off, you can guarantee I’d be pissed off as well.

I’m with Vettel on this one, but I already see the knives coming out for LeClerc in this thread at the moment.

Faugheen wrote: »

If I was told to hold back for a couple of laps (which is clearly the case here), then I was told there would be a swap, only to be told again there would be a swap next lap, and then the swap would be called off, you can guarantee I’d be pissed off as well.

I’m with Vettel on this one, but I already see the knives coming out for LeClerc in this thread at the moment.

He’s a whinge bag. He should tell Ferrari he doesn’t want a swap and wants to pass Vettel on merit.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

If I was told to hold back for a couple of laps (which is clearly the case here)

It is not clear to me that he was told to “hold back” for a number of laps.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,251 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

No knives for Leclerc he should just understand the sport. Granted he is young and inexperienced but he fell way too far behind Seb to be able to pull off a swap without destroying Sebs race and inviting Hamilton into the equation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,557 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Thats grand that Ferrari had different plans, but just because they may have agreed on a plan in race may/ likely different.

Yeah that would be that same people who moan about things like driver's giving PR responses and not showing their real personality. And oh look, when they do show some personality the same people crap all over them anyway. Can't win either way. F1 fans are never happy

I’m rooting for Seb. Dunno if it’s Ferrari’s doing, Charles’ doing or a combination of both but I’m starting to dislike Charles LeClerc.

Come on Seb!!!!

Seb got the lead clean and clear why in gods name should he give the place up.

Seb is the number 1 driver so back him.

skipper_G wrote: »
    Yeah that would be that same people who moan about things like driver's giving PR responses and not showing their real personality. And oh look, when they do show some personality the same people crap all over them anyway. Can't win either way. F1 fans are never happy

F1 fans will be happy when a car of greater velocity than another car is in front. It is the definition of racing.

Vettel is flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,251 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If Marko called for a swap thatd be understandable as Kvyat and Gasly are sub 1 second apart. A +1.5 second gap? Get real.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'd imagine it's so frustrating as a racing driver when your so competitive and have the mindset of wanting to win to be told let your team mate pass you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Seb got the lead clean and clear why in gods name should he give the place up.

Seb is the number 1 driver so back him.

Leclerc gave him a tow and did not defend like he would have if there was no prearranged agreement.

So sebs gets the tow and an easy jump into P1 from P3 , but does not want to hold up his end of the deal.

I agree with Leclerc on this.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Hülkenberg shows great pace.

7.2s pitstop because mechanics dropped the car off the jack.

I swear he has absolutely no luck. Anytime he looks race-y something happens out of his control.

• Advertisement

F1 fans will be happy when a car of greater velocity than another car is in front. It is the definition of racing.

It's the same with team orders. I can remember when they were still banned, and what did F1 fans want? "they should just let them do team orders instead of silly messages on the radio"
    Team orders were unbanned and now in this thread there are people calling for them to be banned again......

Tzardine wrote: »
    Leclerc gave him a tow and did not defend like he would have if there was no prearranged agreement.

So sebs gets the tow and an easy jump into P1 from P3 , but does not want to hold up his end of the deal.

If you think that a driver was at an unfair disadvantage vs grid no. 3 by being on pole then please stop typing.

Multi 21 indeed.

Seb got the tow as he had a perfect start better than Hamilton the tow is so powerful he could breeze past Leclerc fighting or not.

skipper_G wrote: »
    It's the same with team orders. I can remember when they were still banned, and what did F1 fans want? "they should just let them do team orders instead of silly messages on the radio"
    Team orders were unbanned and now in this thread there are people calling for them to be banned again......

Team orders should not be banned. But teams that have a policy of “let them race within reason” should be lauded. Teams doing swaps despite a fair pass should be condemned. In my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Le Clerc in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

If you think that a driver was at an unfair disadvantage vs grid no. 3 by being on pole then please stop typing.

You are missing the point. The plan was for Lec to tow Seb, allowing him to gain an advantage over Ham, and passing him.

Ordinarily Leclerc would have been much more defensive and not made it so easy for Seb. It seems that this was prearranged with a deal that Seb would give P1 back to Lec. But again Seb shows himself to not be a team player and gives him two fingers.

Team orders should not be banned. But teams that have a policy of “let them race within reason” should be lauded. Teams doing swaps despite a fair pass should be condemned. In my opinion anyway.

I don't disagree, but there's less hysterics when Bottas rolls over for Hamilton

Vettel saying his tyres are going off.

• Advertisement

You are missing the point. The plan was for Lec to tow Seb, allowing him to gain an advantage over Ham, and passing him.

Ordinarily Leclerc would have been much more defensive and not made it so easy for Seb. It seems that this was prearranged with a deal that Seb would give P1 back to Lec. But again Seb shows himself to not be a team player and gives him two fingers.

So, you think it is correct and fair that Vettel has no way of winning the race?

Advertisement