Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CeeCeeBloom

Applied Monday and SOL was in this AM.

Wonder how long now for transfers 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭whatever99

Submitted mine on 5th January. SoL wasn’t there this morning, but I just checked and it’s there now. So looks like some are being updated over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

MissGriff wrote: »
    I think one or two said they did a few pages back.
    I got my SoL a hour or two ago. Checked my bank account and not in yet for me anyhow.

Thanks- I put in for mine on 10 January. Nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Jake2

Mine also arrived today , no email but I checked last night and no update checked this afternoon and sol was in my documents. However I am not due a refund but I should be able to claim something due to getting married at end of last year and my spouse is not working so I paid more tax than if we were joint assessed. I submitted an enquiry on the 1St about that but looks like I'll still be waiting . Bit stupid it can't be automatically can calculated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Applied 15th January, SoL there 23rd. Over €2000 of a refund too. Money in the bank on 24th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Getting €855 back. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Mutant

Mine in an hour or two ago. Finally waiting since the 2nd 820 comin back to me so suppose i wont complain anymore haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Refreshing hopelessly. Got a brief message today saying it will be "arriving shortly", I immediately replied asking when is shortly and got no reply - this was 6 hours ago, still nothing.

Applied on the 2nd, email confirmation on the 9th...

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jusvi2001

Hubby and I submitted ours 01.01, waiting over three weeks , only came in today...24 days total waiting.
    I have applied on 5th January and got email 10th Jan saying SOL will be available on 17th Jan. look like many applied in past few days already received their SOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Still nothing here either! The wait goes on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Applied 2nd January. Told id have it by 17th. Still waiting. Will know better next year

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

Anyone been audited??

Do you have a good reason you don't want to be? :pac:

Even if they pay a refund they can still go back and ask for back up documents etc for 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

Hi, quick question. My parent has an underpayment of tax from 2018. Originally they decided to reduce his tax credits for this year which is fine. He is currently out of work on an extended injury benefit. We just got his SOL from 2019 and there is a good bit of overpayment. Revenue decided to just offset it towards his previous underpayment. Can we ring them and ask to overturn their decision and request a tax credit reduction instead of an offset ?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

angela1711 wrote: »
    Hi, quick question. My parent has an underpayment of tax from 2018. Originally they decided to reduce his tax credits for this year which is fine. He is currently out of work on an extended injury benefit. We just got his SOL from 2019 and there is a good bit of overpayment. Revenue decided to just offset it towards his previous underpayment. Can we ring them and ask to overturn their decision and request a tax credit reduction instead of an offset ?

As long as you have an underpayment they will offset any overpayment towards that. Had the same issue a couple of years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Anyone receive their statements today at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

It’ll be tomorrow before anymore issue I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,686 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So, these PAYE-BASE-WEB2839630259722941988 type messages are due to there being revenue delays for liability statements? Submitted an income tax return for 2019 today, and was able to log back in and view it; now I am getting these type errors when I click on the view option...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

walshb wrote: »
    So, these PAYE-BASE-WEB2839630259722941988 type messages are due to there being revenue delays for liability statements? Submitted an income tax return for 2019 today, and was able to log back in and view it; now I am getting these type errors when I click on the view option...

I was getting that error too, I'd say it's website maintenance, revenue normally do it in the evenings.

Looking forward to the excitement tomorrow of will we / won't we get our SOL's....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Got a whopping 24 euros back. Wonder if I missed something considering the crazy amounts some people here are getting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

siblers wrote: »
    Got a whopping 24 euros back. Wonder if I missed something considering the crazy amounts some people here are getting

In keeping with that sentiment. What exactly are people getting those large refunds from? I thought the new system was going to cut down on cases where you ended up being overtaxed through the year.

• Advertisement

In keeping with that sentiment. What exactly are people getting those large refunds from? I thought the new system was going to cut down on cases where you ended up being overtaxed through the year.

Health expenses is one example. I don't think that you can claim for them during the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Health expenses is one example. I don't think that you can claim for them during the year.

Correct, but they are only allowed at the standard rate, so a grand in health expenses is only €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,174 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Could be loads of reasons but the biggest one is married couples who are assessed separately during the year by the SOL/p21 assesses them jointly. If one of them is under the top rate by a bit, and the other is over by a bit then they can save a fair bit

It’s easy enough to check what you should get before applying. People should do that to see if they’re OK first IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Dodge wrote: »
    Could be loads of reasons but the biggest one is married couples who are assessed separately during the year by the SOL/p21 assesses them jointly. If one of them is under the top rate by a bit, and the other is over by a bit then they can save a fair bit

It’s easy enough to check what you should get before applying. People should do that to see if they’re OK first IMO
    How do you do check that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,174 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

From your statement of tax (the old p60). It’ll give you your taxable income and the tax bands

Multiple the first tax band by 0.2
    Multiple the rest of your taxable income by 0.4
    Add them

Take your tax credits (3,300 for a single person) and any allowances from that sum

That’s what you should have paid in tax

If what you actually pay is more than that, you’ll get the difference back

(If you have medical expenses you can multiply them by 0.2 to see what you’ll get back here too)

Correct, but they are only allowed at the standard rate, so a grand in health expenses is only €200.

A pregnant wife going private will soon change that.

Completed my SOL on Friday 17 Jan, €802 paid into my account Sat 25 Jan (yesterday). Delighted !

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

A pregnant wife going private will soon change that.

Congratulations and best wishes to you both.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got mine yesterday, with no email notification. Pretty much exactly as I was expecting it (€400 overpayment due to medical expenses).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 bellatrix1

I did mine on January 1st and still nothing when I checked there. This is beyond a joke.

Advertisement