26-10-2017, 18:03   #181
KKV

Send a message via MSN to KKV
I didn't see the post about getting it for €335.

Needless to say, it's ordered now. Hopefully be half as good as I hope. If it is, I'll likely get another as a backup (assuming the price remains the same/similar).

Cheers for the heads up on this, folks
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-10-2017, 18:05   #182
KKV

Also folks, mine says 'US Plug - White', do i need to pick up a plug adaptor somewhere in the mean time?
Thanks from:
26-10-2017, 18:45   #183
tedpan

Mod: Drones
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV
Also folks, mine says 'US Plug - White', do i need to pick up a plug adaptor somewhere in the mean time?

Nope, it includes an adapter. It's 100-240v so can be used worldwide with an adapter of course.
26-10-2017, 18:52   #184
Ardennes1944

I had a Yuneec Typhoon H that I sold after the controller died at 41% (had to wait 21mins for it to come down praying that it would land safely alone) as I couldnt bear to have something worth so much money floating and me powerless to stop it. I have been watching this thread since the start and I have added this drone to the basket about 5 times already, still restraining myself
(2) thanks from:
26-10-2017, 18:57   #185
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardennes1944
I had a Yuneec Typhoon H that I sold after the controller died at 41% (had to wait 21mins for it to come down praying that it would land safely alone) as I couldnt bear to have something worth so much money floating and me powerless to stop it. I have been watching this thread since the start and I have added this drone to the basket about 5 times already, still restraining myself

Hahaha, it'll happen one day, once you see more boardsies' reports and reviews
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-10-2017, 19:43   #186
KKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardennes1944 View Post

I have a Bebop drone that i've used a good bit. Photographing houses for sale. Sometimes rural, sometimes urban, and the few times it loses connection are the longest seconds of your life.

Thankfully, I've never crashlanded in a place I couldn't get it, but i have had to climb a few trees and shrubs and thorny bushes over the last 2 years or so.

One time, in Carlingford, the sterling exchange rate must have just dropped, cos the drone headed for the north and was not coming back. I still often wonder where or how it landed.

So yeah.. it does happen, unfortunately. TedPan's videos here show him using this drone in ways I'd never dare use the Bebop, so hopefully this Xiaomi one is actually better... though I presume line-of-sight is still a requirement at all times.
26-10-2017, 19:53   #187
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV
So yeah.. it does happen, unfortunately. TedPan's videos here show him using this drone in ways I'd never dare use the Bebop, so hopefully this Xiaomi one is actually better... though I presume line-of-sight is still a requirement at all times.

Yep, has to be in line of sight. It really is the easiest drone I've ever flown and have flown a mavic. Simple controls and stops dead in the air when you let go of the remote. Return to home accuracy is unreal too. you'll love it!
Thanks from:
26-10-2017, 22:00   #188
KKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpan View Post
Yep, has to be in line of sight. It really is the easiest drone I've ever flown and have flown a mavic. Simple controls and stops dead in the air when you let go of the remote. Return to home accuracy is unreal too. you'll love it!

Hope so.. I'll race ya around Mornington in 3 weeks!
Thanks from:
26-10-2017, 22:43   #189
JabbaTheHut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV View Post
I have a Bebop drone that i've used a good bit. Photographing houses for sale. Sometimes rural, sometimes urban, and the few times it loses connection are the longest seconds of your life.

Thankfully, I've never crashlanded in a place I couldn't get it, but i have had to climb a few trees and shrubs and thorny bushes over the last 2 years or so.

One time, in Carlingford, the sterling exchange rate must have just dropped, cos the drone headed for the north and was not coming back. I still often wonder where or how it landed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpan View Post
As tedpan says, good line of sight works best. Was flying today, and it lost contact, but got a message on the tablet to say it was returning home, and it did. And to within about 2 feet of where it took off. Amazing piece of equipment really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV View Post
I hope it does arrive in 3 weeks, but mine took 5. The tracking number meant nought, until it arrived in Portlaoise.
Advertisement
26-10-2017, 22:43   #190
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV
Oh yeah, forgot you were local!
27-10-2017, 14:39   #191
Fanny Wank

November is bonus month and I'd my mind set on a Mavic Pro. Simply struggling to justify the price difference vs the Mi Drone at this stage however
27-10-2017, 16:01   #192
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanny Wank
November is bonus month and I'd my mind set on a Mavic Pro. Simply struggling to justify the price difference vs the Mi Drone at this stage however

Hmmm, it's all about the portability plus nice DJI functions like follow me mode which I'm not looking for anyway. There's not a lot different with the rest of the specs. My mate says the mi drone copes better on windy conditions than his mavic, so was chuffed!
27-10-2017, 21:29   #193
logistic

Send a message via ICQ to logistic
Got around to setting mine up today and took it for a quick night flight. Wow great bit of kit. So easy to fly. Looking forward to taking it out for a day flight. Think I’ll order the second battery
(3) thanks from:
27-10-2017, 22:06   #194
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by logistic
Got around to setting mine up today and took it for a quick night flight. Wow great bit of kit. So easy to fly. Looking forward to taking it out for a day flight. Think I’ll order the second battery

Awesome mate, glad you're happy! It was a perfect evening too. Have fun tomorrow!
Thanks from:
28-10-2017, 21:01   #195
KKV

Tell the truth Tedpan.. are you getting commission
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text