Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 PDC European Championships

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Wade back in to the top 10 of the OoM

His interview was clearly aimed at players like Dimitri, durrant etc who won comps with no crowds

Why didn't Wade win a tournament if it's easier with no crowd ? Durrant has done alot better than Wade over the last 12 months with crowds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

US2 wrote: »
    Durrant has done alot better than Wade over the last 12 months with crowds.

Complete bullsh1t.

The pro tour order of merit for the last 12 months shows wade has won more
    The one year oom wade has won more

Wade has won more on the euro tour
    Wade has won more on the players champs.

Take out durrants win in a non ranking, glorified exbo that is the PL, and stats prove you are wrong as Wade has won more games, won more ranking money.

Prior to durrants PL, he played 25 pdc staged events and failed to make a single final.
    Your statement is complete nonsense.

In fact wade lost 100k this week coming of his ranking, and is still ahead of Durrant.

Stop drinking the mardle kool-aid, the stats dont lie

Since the 30th of October last year Durrant has gotten further than Wade in all tv comps with a crowd. Am I wrong ? Grandslam , Players Championship Finals, World's, UK open, Match play, Grand Prix, Premier league

Scratch the last 3 they had no crowd ðŸ˜

Willy is up to #35 now
    Were he to beat Wade he would go to #33...and if he got to the final, he would go as high as #26.....Although Devon Peterson is just a mere 250 quid behind.

Dirk van Duijvenbode is up 5 places to #48, and a win against Smith would see him jump another 2 spots

Peter Wright will have to not only beat Price, but reach the final to get the #2 spot back, but he should reclaim it soon as Price is defending 100k in the slam.

Willy is up to #35 now
    Were he to beat Wade he would go to #33...and if he got to the final, he would go as high as #26.....Although Devon Peterson is just a mere 250 quid behind.

Dirk van Duijvenbode is up 5 places to #48, and a win against Smith would see him jump another 2 spots

Peter Wright will have to not only beat Price, but reach the final to get the #2 spot back, but he should reclaim it soon as Price is defending 100k in the slam.

Some going from Djuivenbode since he only got a tour card in January

US2 wrote: »
    Since the 30th of October last year Durrant has gotten further than Wade in all tv comps with a crowd. Am I wrong ? Grandslam , Players Championship Finals, World's, UK open, Match play, Grand Prix, Premier league

Scratch the last 3 they had no crowd ðŸ˜

Wade has won more money that durrant, not just overall in the last 2 years
    he has won more in the last 12 months as well

The rankings and order of merits prove this.

You must also factor in that not all finals , semis etc are equal.
    for example, Willy O Connor just reaching the last 8 of this comp is equal to winning to pdc floor championships. ...both earn you 20k

Would you rather win 2 floor comps or reach the last 8 of the euro champs.
    the 2 pc finals might appear more impressive.

Michael Smith made a quarter of a million for a world final.

Yet you could win the Matchplay and Europeans champions and earn less, and they are 2 great comps.

As said earlier Wade dropped outside the top 10 last sunday when his 2018 win came off, he is just got back in ahead of Dimitri, who is defending more than wade in the upcoming events.

Gurney will be losing a 100k in the Players champs finals, and I dont see him getting anywhere close to defending even half of that.
    Ando has 55k in the slam to defend
    Price has a 100k, he could make that up this weekend alone

The real ones in trouble is smith defending 250k and gurney 100k

I reckon come the start of the worlds, chizzy, and dimitri will be out of the top ten, and we will see Durrant and Ratajski in it

William O'Connor (95.26) 10 (19) 3 (83.63) Jamie Hughes
    Devon Petersen (101.09) 10 (19) 8 (91.40) Martijn Kleermaker
    Jose De Sousa (98.75) 6 (19) 10 (98.49) Jonny Clayton
    Nathan Aspinall (95.72) 8 (11) 10 (96.75) James Wade

Evening Session (2000 CET)
    4x Second Round

Michael Smith v Dirk van Duijvenbode
    Gerwyn Price v Peter Wright
    Michael van Gerwen v Ian White
    Mensur Suljovic v Steve West

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

William O'Connor (95.26) 10 (19) 3 (83.63) Jamie Hughes
    Devon Petersen (101.09) 10 (19) 8 (91.40) Martijn Kleermaker
    Jose De Sousa (98.75) 6 (19) 10 (98.49) Jonny Clayton
    Nathan Aspinall (95.72) 8 (11) 10 (96.75) James Wade

Evening Session (2000 CET)
    4x Second Round

Michael Smith v Dirk van Duijvenbode
    Gerwyn Price v Peter Wright
    Michael van Gerwen v Ian White
    Mensur Suljovic v Steve West

heard the muslims were after you last night :D

bassy wrote: »
    heard the muslims were after you last night :D

I am not sexist, racist, ageist, etc

I appear to upset everyone...or at least people are upset I have an opinion. Amazing how people who go on about free speech have an issue with it when its something they dont want to here. :D

anyhow hoping for wins for

Dirk
    Wright
    White
    Mensur

but suspect it will be Smith, Price MVG and Mensur

I am not sexist, racist, ageist, etc

I appear to upset everyone...or at least people are upset I have an opinion. Amazing how people who go on about free speech have an issue with it when its something they dont want to here. :D

anyhow hoping for wins for

Dirk
    Wright
    White
    Mensur

but suspect it will be Smith, Price MVG and Mensur

your eamonn dunphy around here :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Can't stand Wade, comes across as a tosser everytime he opens his mouth

boomdocker wrote: »
    Can't stand Wade, comes across as a tosser everytime he opens his mouth

put aside your dislike of him and answer me this.
    He is a proven winner, one of the most successful players in PDC history.
    In terms of consistency has been in the top 10 for 13 years, bar a period of about 3 weeks. No other player in the PDC presently can claim this.

He is more than qualified to give his opinion, aand if players like dimitri, Durrant etc dont like the truth, then its up to them to prove they are not flash in the pans.

Wade last year, made the semi finals of the PL, was a top ten player, and is a former multiple major winner, and he was not picked for the PL, yet a player with zero pdc majors not even in the PDC top ten was picked.

Is it any wonder he might feel annoyed ?

how longggggggggg ago is it since wade won a major

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Dirk off to some start

last ranking tv title was this comp exactly 2 years ago.

Does not change the fact that one of the most succesful players in pdc history, with multiple majors, and a top 10 player, and a semi finalist in last years PL being left out of the pl was right.

It also allows him every right to give his opinion on others.

Does not change the fact that one of the most succesful players in pdc history, with multiple majors, and a top 10 player, and a semi finalist in last years PL being left out of the pl was right.

i did say a major.

he,s a borefest,acts the maggot on stage when he,s under the cosh.
    no better so than the time he was playing nakamura at the world,s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭boomdocker

put aside your dislike of him and answer me this.
    He is a proven winner, one of the most successful players in PDC history.
    In terms of consistency has been in the top 10 for 13 years, bar a period of about 3 weeks. No other player in the PDC presently can claim this.

He is more than qualified to give his opinion, aand if players like dimitri, Durrant etc dont like the truth, then its up to them to prove they are not flash in the pans.

Wade last year, made the semi finals of the PL, was a top ten player, and is a former multiple major winner, and he was not picked for the PL, yet a player with zero pdc majors not even in the PDC top ten was picked.

Is it any wonder he might feel annoyed ?

His record speaks for itself no doubt about that, but as I said, in my opinion when he opens his mouth he comes across as a tosser.
    Remember the nonsense with Asada at the World Champs last year.

• Advertisement

i did say a major.

Since I class only the Worlds, Grand Prix, UK Open, and Matchplay as majors it must be a decade.

Wade has won 5 of these top tier majors.

I dont count the europeans champs, the world series finals, the masters or the PL as majors despite wade winning them.

he,s a borefest,acts the maggot on stage when he,s under the cosh.
    no better so than the time he was playing nakamura at the world,s

asada thats him,me and me nakamura lol

boomdocker wrote: »
    His record speaks for itself no doubt about that, but as I said, in my opinion when he opens his mouth he comes across as a tosser.
    Remember the nonsense with Asada at the World Champs last year.

I feel the same about MVG when he open his trap, but despite my opinion of him you have to respect he earned the right to speak on the game and give his opinion.

There is a select clique of players in the PDC who always get favoritism, and Durrant is the latest in that group replacing the retired Barney, whilst others dont get treated the same.

Look how they kiss the arse of smith who has never won a thing of note

Since I class only the Worlds, Grand Prix, UK Open, and Matchplay as majors it must be a decade.

Wade has won 5 of these top tier majors.

I dont count the europeans champs, the world series finals, the masters or the PL as majors despite wade winning them.

indeed as thats why i said when did he las win a MAJOR,not these euro tours or world series etc

back to the darts lads on tv now :)

indeed as thats why i said when did he las win a MAJOR,not these euro tours or world series etc

I am not speaking about euro tours, I am speaking about this comp going on at the moment, to me this is not a major.

Its a tv title, but a secondary title, like the players championships final.

The World Series, PL and Masters are all non ranking exbos, and mostly invitational.

I am not speaking about euro tours, I am speaking about this comp going on at the moment, to me this is not a major.

Its a tv title, but a secondary title, like the players championships final.

The World Series, PL and Masters are all non ranking exbos, and mostly invitational.

i know this is not a major.........................................................................

Jesus Duijvenbode loses 6 legs on the spin....

if dirk can hold and put pressure now on smith , he would be there for the taking.

Smith is like white and chizzy, they will collapse when the pressure is on

do you know when barney retired, it was almost 13 since he won any kind of ranking pdc tv title.....yet he got pl invite after invite.

• Advertisement

do you know when barney retired, it was almost 13 since he won any kind of ranking pdc tv title.....yet he got pl invite after invite.

yes i know all that,reason is cause the pdc aka barry hearn were licking barney cause he was a fans favourite and bought the biggest following amongst players to events.he was a cash cow to hearn and the pdc.sure why for yrs after the still tryed to hype the taylor v barney,even though he had no hope v taylor in the later yrs.

yes i know all that,reason is cause the pdc aka barry hearn were licking barney cause he was a fans favourite and bought the biggest following amongst players to events.he was a cash cow to hearn and the pdc.sure why for yrs after the still tryed to hype the taylor v barney,even though he had no hope v taylor in the later yrs.

thats another myth, as they had MVG and would sell out rotterdam without barney.

8-8....cmon dirk.....

thats another myth, as they had MVG and would sell out rotterdam without barney.

before mvg became a big draw ;)

unreal bust from smith :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

WTF Smith!!!!!!

TbL

GET IN DIRK :)

Great grit and determination by Divingboard

Kept Smith under enough pressure till he cracked

TbL

WTF Smith!!!!!!

TbL

I told you before, the guy has no testicular fortitude.

GET IN DIRK

• Advertisement

this is why Smith, Chisnall and White are the new Jenkins, Baxter and Mason.

Not a single major trophy between the lot and doubt they will ever win one.

I told you before, the guy has no testicular fortitude.

GET IN DIRK

Incredible

He did something similar in an earlier leg.

Carelessness and a lack of mental fortitude isn’t a great combination in a darts player

TbL

this is why Smith, Chisnall and White are the new Jenkins, Baxter and Mason.

Not a single major trophy between the lot and doubt they will ever win one.

Still great to watch

Makes for exciting viewing :)

TbL

Still great to watch

Makes for exciting viewing :)

TbL

On another forum after smith won 6 legs on the trot and led 6-3 I said even then it was sad, because if dirk put the pressure on he would win....even at 6-3 down.

sure enough.

DvD also seems to be a decent lad with a good sense of humour

TbL

come on snakeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Advertisement

DvD also seems to be a decent lad with a good sense of humour

TbL

Remember him years back when he first came on the scene, then disappeared and believe he lost his tourcard.....so see him come back and go again and make strides should encourage others.

want Wright to win this.
    He has been unlucky since he won the world title.

Remember him years back when he first came on the scene, then disappeared and believe he lost his tourcard.....so see him come back and go again and make strides should encourage others.

was it in the worlds years ago he was playing barney and busted he,s score with a 180,think he needed a single 20 after the 2 treble 20,s but the 3rd dart went in the treble so he busted.

some game this.

Wright averaging 108 to Price 106....

wright 7-3 up...

was it in the worlds years ago he was playing barney and busted he,s score with a 180,think he needed a single 20 after the 2 treble 20,s but the 3rd dart went in the treble so he busted.

Yep 22:30 mins in this video (Not as bad as Steve Farmers bust though!). Kinda glad to see him come back this year does seem a likeable lad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsReGpfLiv4&feature=youtu.be&t=22m30s

• Advertisement
Advertisement