Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

€5 a month for the TV shows, can't really go wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I imagine the ppvs aren't included for that price ?

Unfortunately not, they'd be €20.

Then again, €25 altogether is savagely brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is actually spot on.

im giddy all day after watching Rampage. You can even feel the energy on this forum. Wrestling is back and it’s not the delusions of a crazy old man driving it either.

Someone else mentioned it earlier but I’ve just bought All Out 2021 on FITE. With only 4 ppv a year it’s more economical to buy their ppvs and they deserve the cash. They’re making wrestling fun again.

while Punk will get the credit he deserves for drawing attention to AEW, MJF has been the brightest star there for me. His actions and anytime he guests commentates always has me in bits. He’s brilliant. So naturally dislikeable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And only 4 ppvs a year so it’s not that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,906 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I cannot say enough good things about FITE.TV

It's only $4.90 which is around 4 euro, this is for Dynamite and Rampage, some serious value there.

Plus when the TV adverts come FITE.TV is still live and showing the action some times. In the states they have PIP which would really **** annoy me but we dont get that in FITE

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Shame the Global shop version of the t shirt doesn’t seem to have the black rings on the neck and sleeves. Presume they are just a print to order, but it makes it look more like a knock off.

going to order from the US store and roll the dice on customs.

Huh now that you mention it, I didn't notice that subtle difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭ThePott

I'm in the same boat, heard that the Global t-shirts aren't of the same quality either.

Lads, are we all going to be going around wearing the same CM Punk shirts for the rest of 2021? 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Me too .... and a pink MJF one. See you in one month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I wonder what the situation is between CM Punk and Colt Cabana. Have they patched things up or are they still at odds with one another. I always wondered what would happen between Punk and Colt if Punk signed with AEW, given their history.

Former WWE star Bray Wyatt is headed to AEW

CM Punk is not the only ex-WWE star expected in AEW soon.

Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that Bray Wyatt is expected to sign with the company. Meltzer noted that Wyatt is still under a non-compete with WWE, which means that he can’t legally sign anything with AEW but the belief is that he is headed there soon.

“He’s obviously not the only return,” Meltzer said. “We’re gonna see a lot of different people coming up including Bray Wyatt…It’s not 100 percent, his non-compete is not up. It’s most likely happening. It’s at the same stage when I said Aleister Black, long before it happened. It’s the same stage. I don’t think there’s pen to paper or anything like that. It’s an expectation that’s pretty strong, put it that way.”

Wyatt was released by WWE on July 31 after being out of action since WrestleMania, where he lost to Randy Orton. There were plans for Wyatt to return this month and he was being advertised for shows before he was released. Wyatt is said to be healthy and cleared to wrestle and the issues that kept him out of the ring for months had nothing to do with mental health.

At this point, there’s no word on creative plans for Wyatt but one has to think that perhaps, there is some consideration being given to having him work with The Dark Order.

The thing is, people seem to presume Bray joining AEW means The Fiend is joining AEW. That he will go with a supernatural character, or another cult leader, etc.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Bray try something quite different. Guy obviously has a creative mind, whether that entertains you or not. I could see him developing some new gimmick character completly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He forgot his "plans change" line or is that only when things don't happen as reported?

Coming in as a fiend type character wouldn't be a good idea and I'm sure AEW wouldn't really want that. That would be too similar to Black Reign in TNA.

Jim Cornette had some praise for Punk's return.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

It feels to me that the gimmicky, cartoony schlock like the fiend would be very out of place in AEW. Its far removed from the pro-wrestling that Punk was talking about and is very much in the realm of sports entertainment. A refresh of him or just playing himself makes more sense.

The simple fact is Bray cannot do it in the ring you can have all the hocus pocus & razzamatazz you want for months leading up to a blow off match and then you get the damp squid on a PPV match.

Bray is the prefect example of a wrestler where you need to accentuate the positives and hide the weakness and his weakness is total lack of wrestling ability so that is why you surround him with a faction and let them do the in ring work there is no need for spooky crap, just have him as an oddball leader of that faction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I agree, if he's coming in he has to drop all the Fiend supernatural stuff, leave that sh*t in WWE with Lilly. He should just be Windham Rotunda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, id be the same, put him in a faction and hide his in ring ability with tag and trios matches. Considering the level of some of the guys in AEW do, I'd think hed look very out of place in ring with guys like Omega, Page etc if he was in singles titles contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The thing about Bray Wyatt is that he reinvents himself all the time, so perhaps he has some interesting ideas for AEW. As far as performers go, he's good at playing a character and good at cutting promos so I say let's just wait and see what he does first.

I would say I hope that is the last we get from Punk now throwing shade at the WWE. something he and fans shouldn't forget is that working for the WWE along with effecting his health both mental and physical is it also made him enough money him never to work again if he chose too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Probably on my own but The Fiend, and his Mr Rogers alter ego, were fascinating to me. In regards in ring work I was always willing to overlook The Miz in the ring because I appreciated everything else he got about professional wrestling, so I was never bothered by Bray's supposed lack of in ring skill.

I've always been a believer that professional wrestling is about variety, so I hope Bray comes up with an equally off the wall character for AEW. It's a bit mad to me that people will faun over Black's snake bite make up but will piss on The Fiend.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And was where he met his wife.

As for Bray, we know they already regret the Matt Hardy teleportation so they likely wouldn't want supernatural elements.

Ivelisse on a podcast over the last few days saying she loved her time in AEW and would love to go back and work there if the misunderstanding could be forgotten about as just that a misunderstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

There's a right way and wrong way of doing such gimmicks but trying something in pro wrestling isn't a criminal offence. You live and learn. The Dark Order is proof of this.

• Advertisement

Sure he's not a draw though

Advertisement