Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,521 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Lucky you. He's a 'YouTuber' and fought another youtuber and I think he actually lost that fight too

I think it was his brother who lost Logan Paul , he is the more famous of the two,

Jake actually takes boxing serious and is actually quite decent to be fair to him,
    He is what would call a good boxer if he sparred in most gyms up and down the country but I'm not for one second suggesting he's should be any where near pay per view boxing or TV standard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I think it was his brother who lost Logan Paul , he is the more famous of the two,

Jake actually takes boxing serious and is actually quite decent to be fair to him,
    He is what would call a good boxer if he sparred in most gyms up and down the country but I'm not for one second suggesting he's should be any where near pay per view boxing or TV standard

Heard he was a good college wrestler too. Isn't there videos of him scrambling with Ngannu and he actually looks decent

US2 wrote: »
    Heard he was a good college wrestler too. Isn't there videos of him scrambling with Ngannu and he actually looks decent

That's the older brother Logan he was a good wrestler in college , he is the more famous of them I believe,
    The younger one is the decent boxer he's Jake, Now when I say decent I say for a lad who hadn't boxed all his life of course there are levels to it

He's fighting an ex NBA player the weekend be interesting as Nat Robinson was an absolute phenomenal athlete 3 time slam dunk champion and he is only 5'9

God knows if he can box,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

eagle eye wrote: »
    I never heard of him before.

Who the **** is that guy.................no seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Which brother was it that got dropped by Paulo Costa? There was also a clip of them wrestling. It was a short clip, but he seemed to know what he was doing.
    Let him fight CM Punk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

derfderf wrote: »
    Which brother was it that got dropped by Paulo Costa? There was also a clip of them wrestling. It was a short clip, but he seemed to know what he was doing.
    Let him fight CM Punk.

No idea which one it was but it was faked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

I hear McGregors making an appearance on the late late tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Homelander

Let him fight CM Punk.

CM Punk against Mike Jackson was one of the worst things I've ever seen on UFC.

Mike Jackson, himself a complete amateur nobody, looked like Jon Jones in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

I hear McGregors making an appearance on the late late tonight

Muppet show theme?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Homelander wrote: »
    CM Punk against Mike Jackson was one of the worst things I've ever seen on UFC.

Mike Jackson, himself a complete amateur nobody, looked like Jon Jones in there.

Exactly. Youtuber vs wwe wrestler makes more sense than vs elite UFC fighter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He’s fought other non boxers in amateur sports. Not a hope it gets sanctioned but vrs a pro fighter.
    This just purely to string up media coverage ahead of some fight vrs the next random athletic influencer.

In other news Mark Hunt is fighting Paul Gallen (former Aussie rugby player). He’s undefeated in 10 pro fights. But we’re nowhere elite.

Mellor wrote: »
    He’s fought other non boxers in amateur sports. Not a hope it gets sanctioned but vrs a pro fighter.
    This just purely to string up media coverage ahead of some fight vrs the next random athletic influencer.

In other news Mark Hunt is fighting Paul Gallen (former Aussie rugby player). He’s undefeated in 10 pro fights. But we’re nowhere elite.

Technical and factually tonights fight is his second pro boxing fight, his last one was sanctioned and so is tonights
    Make of that what you will

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Exactly. Youtuber vs wwe wrestler makes more sense than vs elite UFC fighter.

Remember one of the Dublin mcgees fought that Aussie snooker bellend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I see Khabib says he'll only return if he gets mother's permission. If he's genuine not fighting again I think he'll drop the belt right after McGregor's fight

• Registered Users Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

US2 wrote: »
    I see Khabib says he'll only return if he gets mother's permission. If he's genuine not fighting again I think he'll drop the belt right after McGregor's fight

thats all very WWE :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

Khabib has said he's going to be attending the Dustin Conor fight aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Remember one of the Dublin mcgees fought that Aussie snooker bellend?

At least the 'snooker' bit narrows it down ;)

Was Quinton Hann...must be about be about 15 years ago that was

At least the 'snooker' bit narrows it down ;)

Was Quinton Hann...must be about be about 15 years ago that was

Hann also fought Dublin GAA player, Johnny Magee, in a charity boxing match in Dublin in September 2004 after He suggested that Gaelic footballers were not as robust as Australia rules footballers. He had his nose broken, with Magee winning in three rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hann also fought Dublin GAA player, Johnny Magee, in a charity boxing match in Dublin in September 2004 after He suggested that Gaelic footballers were not as robust as Australia rules footballers. He had his nose broken, with Magee winning in three rounds.

Hann was a right pr1ck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

What a way to prove that footballers aren't as robust as Aussie Rules players are though...by putting a footballer in with a smoker player.

Ireland won the international rules matches that year as well. Think was the same year there was the big brawl before the throw in.

• Advertisement

What a way to prove that footballers aren't as robust as Aussie Rules players are though...by putting a footballer in with a smoker player.

Was a bit bizarre alright. For arguments sake, lets say AFL players are tougher - Hann certainly believed they were - how did he make the jump to thinking snooker players where somehow as tough. He has beaten another snooker player in a boxing match previous, gave him false confidence perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Promo for Conor v Dustin released called Ready for War. I am hyped up already!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

See the man himself rescued sbg port...fair play to the man. Phil mulpeter is over the moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

robwen wrote: »
    Khabib has said he's going to be attending the Dustin Conor fight aswell

Wonder if Dana is lining up a fight v the winner? Weird for Khabib to attend, during covid , when he is supposedly retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭xtal191

Wonder if Dana is lining up a fight v the winner? Weird for Khabib to attend, during covid , when he is supposedly retired.

His cousin is on the card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

xtal191 wrote: »
    His cousin is on the card

ah, that makes sense then. Still, get the feeling Dana is itching to see that rematch happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Jaysus jake Paul done some call out for mcgregor. Insulting wife and everything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Khabib will probably leave after his cousins fight and not watch mcgregor

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

dave1982 wrote:
    Jaysus jake Paul done some call out for mcgregor. Insulting wife and everything

Who is Jake Paul?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Advertisement