Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MotoGP, Superbikes and Road Racing 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

That must have been terrifying for Aron
    https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1330224759481786375

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

How did the Lorenzo Crutchlow feud develop? I thought they actually liked each other.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

h3000 wrote: »
    How did the Lorenzo Crutchlow feud develop? I thought they actually liked each other.

I was just wondering that, i'd never noticed much interaction before let alone animosity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

The reason lorenzo (and Stoner) weren't particularly liked, is because both of them were sore losers and couldn't help shooting their mouths off. Both were supremely skilled and clean racers.

Legends but arseholes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Beltby wrote: »
    The reason lorenzo (and Stoner) weren't particularly liked, is because both of them were sore losers and couldn't help shooting their mouths off. Both were supremely skilled and clean racers.

Legends but arseholes.

Oh yes, widely known but for lorenzo to be mouthing off now is odd.

• Advertisement

Oh yes, widely known but for lorenzo to be mouthing off now is odd.

Well, context is everything. He was replying/agreeing to a tweet from a fan regarding being replaced as test rider, and added his 2c.

Beltby wrote: »
    Well, context is everything. He was replying/agreeing to a tweet from a fan regarding being replaced as test rider, and added his 2c.

True, just didn't think he'd be as snarky when it's not racing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I believe it was this tweet that started it which he duly been berated for.

https://twitter.com/lorenzo99/status/1327679402856079360

This is coming from a guy who was 3 SECONDS behind the pace at testing. Gold me ****!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Moto 3 - crazy crazy qualifying - possibly costing Arbolino a shot at the championship - Oguro a lucky boy - going to be some race with Arenas along side him.

Moto 2 - that incident at the beginning of quali 2 was scary - BastianinI doing enough to keep him in pole position for the championship - well done Remy btw. Sam Lowes gritting his teeth through the pain.

Moto GP - Savadori sharing the 6th row with Rossi and Petrucci - Olivera doing wonders on the KTM.

Ducatis and Hondas have strong race pace - still think Frankie favourite for the race but Bradl for a podium ? !!

Scotty # wrote: »
    I believe it was this tweet that started it which he duly been berated for.

https://twitter.com/lorenzo99/status/1327679402856079360

This is coming from a guy who was 3 SECONDS behind the pace at testing. Gold me ****!!

I remember the tweet alright I just thought it was a very strange reaction from Lorenzo and I was wondering had something happened before then. I can understand having a go at Yamaha but having a go at Cal was strange.

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Aprilla list of riders is lengthening by the hour - Joe Roberts has been offered a contract, Fabio di G and Aaron Canet are also being considered along with Bradley and Savadori !!

Huewen and Hodgie had a few things to say about Aprilla yesterday......what a mess.
    Wouldn't be surprised if Braders gets it after the rest turn it down. Never been a fan but I'd actually like to see him get it, he's a nice guy. I read the other day that he was on $1m a year with Tech3 which I found hard to believe.

Ah lads it's kicking off. Lorenzos interview with GPone. You may have to translate it.
    https://www.gpone.com/it/2020/11/21/motogp/lorenzo-da-quando-non-ci-sono-io-ducati-e-yamaha-vincono-meno.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

That must have been terrifying for Aron
    https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1330224759481786375

Jeez he was lucky, thank God he got away with that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭legrand

really looking forward to the last races of 2020 season, what a year!

Also, thanks to you lot for funny, insightful (some right some wrong :-) posts and comments. It's a great little community we got here. Might even bump into one another at track next year with any luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭David6330

I love seeing MotoGP at Portimao.

I was lucky enough to do a few laps there in a 911 GT3 guided around by ex WSBK rider Miguel Praia a few years back.

I'd love if Ireland had a world class track like Portimao that could host WorldSBK and GP races.
    Portugal is not the richest country but having a government that put money towards racing helps.

David6330 wrote: »
    I'd love if Ireland had a world class track like Portimao that could host WorldSBK and GP races.
    Portugal is not the richest country but having a government that put money towards racing helps.

Bsb used to come to Mondello park. A great day out. The place used to be rammed with people.

There is already irish motorcycle racing in mondello. I never see it advertised anywhere though.

Well this is exciting :D

Some Snday reading. Really interesting article by Mat Oxley on Yamaha M1 2020 chasis f*ck up and why they can't revert back to the 2019 chasis. Frankie is the only rider running the 2019 Yamaha chasis and part of the reason he's doing well.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/motorcycles/motogp/back-to-the-future-the-story-of-second-hand-motogp-bikes

Another good article from Mat on the engine in Frankie's bike. The one in the last race has double the miles on the clock and still intact.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/motorcycles/motogp/valencia-motogp-morbidellis-engine-miracle-yamahas-nightmare-continues

Hopefully an exciting Moto2 now

Hopefully an exciting Moto2 now

I hope Remy gets his first win.

Congratulations to Arenas in Moto3.

• Advertisement

Bastianini is in toruble here with the queue of bikes behind him

Jaysus this is exciting too

Bezzecchi is on a charge. Bastianini looks like hes beginning to buckle.

Unreal stuff!

Bezzecchi is on a charge. Bastianini looks like hes beginning to buckle.

Unreal stuff!

Bastianini needs to cool the head a bit.

Bastianini is safe where is now. Enough to take the title if he gets the bike home.

Getting interesting at the front. Very good ride by Sam Lowes with the injured hand.

Sam doing wonders with a broken wrist - Remy hassling now for the win - 3 laps to go

Sam doing wonders with a broken wrist - Remy hassling now for the win - 3 laps to go

I’m so impressed with Sam but I don’t want to speak too soon.

Can Remy and Luca slow up enough for Sam...

The powerslide by Remy across Marini was unreal

• Advertisement

Great race. Savage ride by Remy and Sam Lowes.

Congrats to Bastianini as well.

Great race and great rides from the top three. Sam was heroic.

My money is on Jack Millar to win today's race.

Last race of the year - hopefully not the last Moto GP race at Portimao (still miss Estoril) .

10th different winner ? Honda to finally win or Morbidelli to cement a deserved second place in the championship.

I’d love a Miller win too today but I’d have to say with Cal’s pace it would be awesome for him to win too. I’d like to see Lorenzo’s reaction to that.

Of course a Franky win is always good too.

Last day for some of the VR46 crew such as Alex Briggs. He was an ex-Mick Doohan mechanic

• Advertisement

Last day for some of the VR46 crew such as Alex Briggs. He was an ex-Mick Doohan mechanic

Alex Briggs is awesome. Well worth a follow on Twitter https://twitter.com/alex__briggs?s=21

Last race for Brent Stephens who’s been there for a long time too.

Alex Briggs is awesome. Well worth a follow on Twitter https://twitter.com/alex__briggs?s=21

Last race for Brent Stephens who’s been there for a long time too.

Very interesting guy. I've been following his twitter account a few years now.

Wasn't sure what the story was with Brent. Sad to see him gone too.

Oliveira destroying the competition! On a different planet

Rossi beating Fabio , Fabio dropping to 8th in the championship -:going to be a long off season.

Miguel Olivera - most dominant ride of the season and no factory bike on the podium !!

Going to miss Dovi and Cal , there is a changing of the guard in progress with Olivera , Franky and Mir set to be the future.

Savadori or Smith to be confirmed at Aprilla in 2021.Decision will be made after this week's private testing.

A few stats to ponder :
    14 Moto GP races:
    9 Different winners
    5 New winners who won 10 of the 14 races !
    8 Wins by Satellite teams - 3 on a 2019 bike !

• Advertisement

Rossi beating Fabio , Fabio dropping to 8th in the championship -:going to be a long off season.

Franky has two 2019 bikes... I wonder could Rossi and Franky use one each and each have the 2020 bike as their 2nd bike? :D:D:P
    Olivera , Franky and Mir set to be the future.
    Not sure if I'd include Mir in that list. Yea he's consistent but he's consistently average. More the turtle than the hare.

Looking forward to seeing Miller on full factory next year. By next March it'll be nearly five years since he's won a race so must be due a few wins.

Useless fact, all three 2020 World Champions are 23 years old and that pretty lady that was congratulating Mir after he became champion that Hodgy was guessing was either his sister or girlfriend, was actually his mother!

Scotty # wrote: »
    Not sure if I'd include Mir in that list. Yea he's consistent but he's consistently average. More the turtle than the hare.

Mir is a class act - a worthy Moto 3 and Moto GP champion.

Qualifying is his issue but his race craft and consistentcy is second to none.
    He should have had two wins but that aside he was a consistent fixture on the podium.

Miller has improved as the year has gone in - polar opposite to Bagnia... - but I am still not sure if Jack is championship material.

Olivera on the other hand - that was dominance yesterday - only other time this season that I have seen that was Franky.

Looking forward to 2021 already - No Valencia test so no unveilings - apart from the podium I think Petrucci is probably the happiest rider at the moment. ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭legrand

That time of year again with Dorna's VideoPass about to auto-renew. 'special' offer of 'free' TimingPass - any idea what that is?

@ 139.99 for sub.

The Timing Pass is access to the live timing app. It's the same one the teams/commentators use. It gives GPS location of each bike on track and it gives live split and lap times and speeds through speed trap etc. Very useful if you watch Free Practice sessions.

ipad_pro_timing.big.jpg

Keith Huewen has left BT Sport.

Wonder who'll replace him? Julian maybe?

Laverty will be around again next year.
    https://twitter.com/eugenelaverty/status/1332271594924806145

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Can't really say I've overly enthusiastic about that.
    In saying thought, I hope he manages to claw his way back up - just seems like a busted flush now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Back page headline in tomorrow's Mirror..
    WSBK'S Eugene wins Euro millions...:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Unfortunately the Pandemic has cancelled the 2021 TT, shame and a terrible shame for many of the older riders, McPint Rutter and Anstey will be over 50 in 2022.
    Damn.

Marquez has had an 11 HOUR operation to fix the arm. 6 month recovery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement