Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Where will these lads serve their sentence? The joy is an adult only prison isn't it?

God help you if your child ever commits a heinous crime. While how one is raised is definitely a factor in how they end up, to blame the parents for their sons committing an act of murder is totally unfair. Plenty of murderers and criminals were raised in good homes with loving parents.

If your child comes home saying they’ve been attacked by some men, would you take their blooded clothes from them and wash them or would you ring the Gardaí and pass on clothes as evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Berserker wrote: »
    Where will these lads serve their sentence? The joy is an adult only prison isn't it?

oberstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Bambi wrote: »
    They'll be out before their 21st birthdays I'd imagine

Scumbag A should never be allowed out. A pure blooded Psychopath that will rape and kill someone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

elli21 wrote: »
    I know a lady who was involved in their local youth club.She told me that when Ana would sit down with a group the other kids would get up and walk away.
    Heartbreaking that she suffered so much

And the killers probably used that, playing on her desperation to be liked. It makes me so angry, and so sad about her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Murder is a mandatory life sentence. These boys were tried as adults so that's what they will get. With good behavior in prison they will most likely be paroled in 2029

As for them ever being named publicly, I'm not sure.

Average life sentence served for murder is 18 years.

Good behaviorist I.e remission does not come into life murder sentence (is time off for good behavior) as they are let out on bond.

I don’t see these getting out in the 2020s and earliest will be mid to late 2030s. It will be up to parole board to let them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Murder is a mandatory life sentence. These boys were tried as adults so that's what they will get. With good behavior in prison they will most likely be paroled in 2029

As for them ever being named publicly, I'm not sure.
    They can’t have been tried as adults afaik?
    Irish law doesn’t allow for it.(agin I could be wrong)

All child convictions have to be reviewed at 18

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

The parents and barristers of the two boys should be ashamed of themselves. If they had any remorse they would have pleaded guilty to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Hopefully they never see the outside world again, you can't cure that level of evil.

Bullcr**.

The triple murderer Brian Hennessy, who raped and killed a mother and then killed her two young children in the subsequent fire to hide his deeds on Christmas morning was eligible for parole after 7 odd years.

A 17 year old Thomas Murray killed his elderly neighbour in Co. Galway just to see what it was like.
    Contrary to the advice and wishes of Castlerea prison governor and Gardai he was allowed out on temporary weekend release and 19 years later he bludgeoned another elderly neighbour to death.
    He is also prime suspect in murder of Galway taxi driver woman.

That is our fooked up legal and justice system.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

They should be publicly named and photos released. They should never be able to just start life fresh once released (which they will be).

The parents deserve the shame aswell and public deserve to know if they spawned any other monsters.

Boy A is lucky we dont have a death penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Cryptopagan

Awful story. Heartbreaking reading everything Ana went through, for it to end like that. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

grassroot1 wrote: »
    They were their sons someday you will realise the strength of the parent offspring bond.

I've three boys of similar ages, I love them to bits, not sure I'd be able to cover up for murder for them....

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Wombatman wrote: »
    Not sure about that. There was no forensic evidence connecting Boy B to the scene.

Wasn't it proven that the tape around her neck originally came from Boy B?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Oberstown is too soft for murderers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,048 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

grassroot1 wrote: »
    They were their sons someday you will realise the strength of the parent offspring bond.

Ah bullsh1t.

If I was even accused of any stupid thing as a child /teenager I'd be afraid of the consequences from my parents. The threat of violence would be enough to even stop you looking at a packet of sweets if you had no money.
    Imagine if you then went home and said "ah Da. I raped and murdered a school buddy of mine"

He wouldn't have said "That's ok buddy. We'll plead not guilty. Everything will be fine."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

I know there was overwhelming forensic evidence against Boy A.

I didnt think Boy B would be found Guilty of Murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

mloc123 wrote: »
    The parents and barristers of the two boys should be ashamed of themselves. If they had any remorse they would have pleaded guilty to start.

The defence have nothing to be ashamed for. The good, bad and ugly are entitled to legal representation. It's part of living in a democracy - trial in due course of law.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Thank god - justice has been served. Hopefully Ana can rest peacefully now and her family can have closure.

I can’t understand why they won’t name the two boys - children or not they knew damn well what they were doing and they knew damn well that it was wrong and cruel. They don’t deserve protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Gael23 wrote: »
    Oberstown is too soft for murderers

They will be moved to mountjoy at... 17 or 18?

Bambi wrote: »
    They'll be out before their 21st birthdays I'd imagine

They’ll only just be eligible to have their cases looked at by the Parole Board by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Neyite wrote: »
    Wasn't it proven that the tape around her neck originally came from Boy B?

RTE seem to think they did. they mention it in their story.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

joeguevara wrote: »
    Average life sentence served for murder is 18 years.

Good behaviorist I.e remission does not come into life murder sentence (is time off for good behavior) as they are let out on bond.

I don’t see these getting out in the 2020s and earliest will be mid to late 2030s. It will be up to parole board to let them out.

No way they will do 18 years for this crime - unfortunately.

They were 14 at the time of the crime, so the judge will take account of that and give them a lesser sentence. They'll be out before 2030. They won't even do 10 years.

And what are the odds that both will appeal their convictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

For a while I thought he was just an innocent fool, until the evidence concluded:

What was the end number? was it 9 signed statements, each different from the last - This probably didn't help prove his innocence.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Thank god - justice has been served. Hopefully Ana can rest peacefully now and her family can have closure.

I can’t understand why they won’t name the two boys - children or not they knew damn well what they were doing and they knew damn well that it was wrong and cruel. They don’t deserve protection.

It's probably to protect their families more than it is to protect them because they'll be put away, and two boys arriving into Oberstown together it will be clear who they are to everyone there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BattleCorp wrote: »

They were 14 at the time of the crime, so the judge will take account of that and give them a lesser sentence. They'll be out before 2030. They won't even do 10 years.

if they were tried as adults the only sentence the judge can give is life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

God help you if your child ever commits a heinous crime.
    Well yeah obviously. Because of the heinous crime.

I've seen levelheaded people on this thread, whom I'm pretty sure are parents, condemn the boys' parents. I don't buy the notion that people would stick by their children no matter what. When it comes to horrors like this, I hope not.

I understand denial and a strong sense of parental obligation initially of course, but I don't understand this not fading to some extent eventually.

BattleCorp wrote: »

They can’t get a lesser sentence. Life is mandatory for murder.

I could well imagine (based on his continuous lies) that Boy B is a sick little **** that enjoyed sitting back and watching it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

elli21 wrote: »
    I know a lady who was involved in their local youth club.She told me that when Ana would sit down with a group the other kids would get up and walk away.
    Heartbreaking that she suffered so much

Apparently, poor Ana stood out like a sore thumb. She was born in Russia, was fostered and her peers all knew this. She seems to have had virtually no friends in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

seasidedub wrote: »
    Maybe we could all learn something from this?

If we know of a kid who's being ostracized, bullied, left out, considered weird we could try to encourage our own kids to get to know them, we could include them in invites, play etc.

This poor kid. I hope there is another life on some distant planet and she rocks there.

Hearbreaking, beautiful looking girl too, was surprised that she was such a loner - jealousy perhaps from other girls ?

Kids can be such cruel cruel c*nts...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement