Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any thugs around your area that should not have a car?

Options
  • 07-04-2020 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

There is a couple around my area its a town in the midlands. One of them is quiet recent and its an English reg car. It's a pity as while the car is quiet old its a nice car but this thug has it ruined and the back is lower than the front but to make matter worse this thug because that's what people who drive cars like this are spouts out horrible vile black smoke.
    I have no problem if someone has a car that is done up a bit or makes a bit of noise not too load mind as long as they have respect and regard for others but these thugs have none. In fact I doubt they even have any for themselves so if they were to somehow get Covid-19 and die horribly from it I can not say I would feel sorry for them. In the meantime I wish the Gards would take there car's off them and have it crushed.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Sounds like a 306 D Turbo, appreciate the beauty while they last, not many left on the roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

B7-DC13-D2-C0-F6-4-E38-A1-B7-35-FA139273-F2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Reverse rake. Not great for handling but each to their own I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Bora or pissat maybe!!!

Does it cooooooo coooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Reverse rake. Not great for handling but each to their own I guess.

Only one car I can think of that would have a rake like that...
    I think they draw small circles on cross roads traditionally speaking of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ultrflat wrote: »
    Only one car I can think of that would have a rake like that...
    I think they draw small circles on cross roads traditionally speaking of course.

Toyota

No horrible vile black smoke from an aul toyota though.

Felty yoke for sure if that's still the name for it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,561 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    Sounds like a 306 D Turbo, appreciate the beauty while they last, not many left on the roads!

Noting beautiful about a car be it modified or old or just badly driven sprouting out vile disgusting black smoke.
    I am not going to say the make of car just in case that thug so happens to know how to use the internet and is on boards.ie.
    Its a pity as the first time I seem this car I thought it looked nice and was a nice colour but then seen how they had ruined it and they sprouted out smoke which did it no favours either. This was good and popular car for its time but are very rare on Irish roads now. A pity to see it ruined. I even drove one before nearly crashing it lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Thankfully, none.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

branie2 wrote: »
    Thankfully, none.

Plenty of younfellas round here (north co Dublin) flying around in bangers modded up like spaceships, but I wouldn't stretch to calling them thugs. A nuisance? Yeah. Thugs is a bit rich. Usually snap out of it in their mid 20s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

None where I live which only means one thing, I'm the thug

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

Sounds like an agri spec vehicle and probably full of green diesel. As the saying goes "no smoke no poke". Theres probably a stick on the car with Gretas face saying "how dare you" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Souped up cars should be banned.

I don't mean that as some whimsical comment, I thoroughly believe it.

Car's should not be allowed to make sounds that are unnecessary. It's sound pollution for a start, and it encourages a kind of joyriding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Its illegal to drive on an english reg if you report him the guards or revenue will impound it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

There’s plenty about that shouldn’t have their knees never mind a car.

Feckin toerags

Ms

_Brian wrote: »
    There’s plenty about that shouldn’t have their knees never mind a car.

Feckin toerags

I can only hope that the Gards do there job and they confiscate the car's from these immature scum over the next few days.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

shockwave wrote: »
    Its illegal to drive on an english reg if you report him the guards or revenue will impound it

Good. I know the colour of the car and the make and model. What else would I need to know? Hopefully that will happen soon with the Gards out but if I do see him out again then I will report him too. The coward will probably not come out till they are gone now do which at least is five days anyway without him around.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Good. I know the colour of the car and the make and model. What else would I need to know? Hopefully that will happen soon with the Gards out but if I do see him out again then I will report him too. The coward will probably not come out till they are gone now do which at least is five days anyway without him around.

First up - It's Gardaí, or the Guards.

Second up - is this lad a scummer because he's a scummer, or you just have an opinion that his car is scummy?

I also agree with other posters, cars covered in soup should not be driven until cleaned correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

'Felt spec diesel VW Bora or possibly Passat by the sounds of it - lowered. straight-piped and remapped to piss diesel into the cylinders and hence the clouds of shmoke bah. Favoured by shaven-headed imbeciles with bigger tits than their slack-jawed, gum-chewing girlfriends the length of this Emerald Isle. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

There is a couple around my area its a town in the midlands. One of them is quiet recent and its an English reg car. It's a pity as while the car is quiet old its a nice car but this thug has it ruined and the back is lower than the front but to make matter worse this thug because that's what people who drive cars like this are spouts out horrible vile black smoke.
    I have no problem if someone has a car that is done up a bit or makes a bit of noise not too load mind as long as they have respect and regard for others but these thugs have none. In fact I doubt they even have any for themselves so if they were to somehow get Covid-19 and die horribly from it I can not say I would feel sorry for them. In the meantime I wish the Gards would take there car's off them and have it crushed.

Something lacking in your life when you are judging others,

• Advertisement
    Ms

Second up - is this lad a scummer because he's a scummer, or you just have an opinion that his car is scummy?

I also agree with other posters, cars covered in soup should not be driven until cleaned correctly.

Your correct I should have said Gardai.

Its the fact he clearly knows what he is doing and has no respect for anyone else or the environment. Cars like his should not be allowed on the road,they should be confiscated by the Gardai and crushed.

jimgoose wrote: »
    'Felt spec diesel VW Bora or possibly Passat by the sounds of it - lowered. straight-piped and remapped to piss diesel into the cylinders and hence the clouds of shmoke bah. Favoured by shaven-headed imbeciles with bigger tits than their slack-jawed, gum-chewing girlfriends the length of this Emerald Isle. :pac:

Well they have no place in out beautiful little island if they are going to drive car's like that. The Gardai should take the cars off them.
    Something lacking in your life when you are judging others,

There is nothing lacking in my life that you need to know about. I want to be able to go for a walk outside, enjoy fresh air and not have some imbeciles like that run my walk with filthy black smoke from there stupid looking car.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

A few where I live. Since the roads are quiet obviously, they think it is their own racetrack. The racket their boy racer cars make during all hours is more than annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Plenty of younfellas round here (north co Dublin) flying around in bangers modded up like spaceships, but I wouldn't stretch to calling them thugs. A nuisance? Yeah. Thugs is a bit rich. Usually snap out of it in their mid 20s

My cousin did when he rolled his Civic with 20k into it, found out what his upgrades were worth to the insurance company then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Definitely, yes. I also believe the 'Gards' should arrest people for wearing the wrong type of clothes. The gubbimint also need to bring in an offence of thought crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Definitely, yes. I also believe the 'Gards' should arrest people for wearing the wrong type of clothes. The gubbimint also need to bring in an offence of thought crime.

Arresting men for wearing jorts would be a great idea.

...Well they have no place in out beautiful little island if they are going to drive car's like that. The Gardai should take the cars off them...

There's only one thing worse than the 'Felty pigeon-up-the-zorst crowd, and that's the Sphincter Police who start grinding their teeth and calling for this and that to be banned when anyone looks like they're enjoying themselves.

Your correct I should have said Gardai.

Its the fact he clearly knows what he is doing and has no respect for anyone else or the environment. Cars like his should not be allowed on the road,they should be confiscated by the Gardai and crushed.

Well they have no place in out beautiful little island if they are going to drive car's like that. The Gardai should take the cars off them.

There is nothing lacking in my life that you need to know about. I want to be able to go for a walk outside, enjoy fresh air and not have some imbeciles like that run my walk with filthy black smoke from there stupid looking car.

Live and let live, they don't complain about your lack of a social life and poor life choices so why do you wish to infringe on theirs

jimgoose wrote: »
    anyone looks like they're enjoying themselves.

If you can't differentiate between enjoying yourself, and enjoying yourself at the expense of others, then Im not sure you're old enough to be allowed use this forum.

• Advertisement

If you can't differentiate between enjoying yourself, and enjoying yourself at the expense of others, then Im not sure you're old enough to be allowed use this forum.

I think other people existing is too much for the OP, think he was hoping coronavirus would create a n Omega Man world where he could wander ,

Advertisement