Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any thugs around your area that should not have a car?

Options
2»

Comments

I think other people existing is too much for the OP, think he was hoping coronavirus would create a n Omega Man world where he could wander ,

To be honest, I'd say most of us were hoping the same :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,642 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live and let live, they don't complain about your lack of a social life and poor life choices so why do you wish to infringe on theirs

I have no problem with live and let live as long as people have a regard and respect for other people but these imbeciles have none of that. They seem to think its funny to leave a cloud of black smoke where someone is walking be it a back road or a main street they just don't seem to care or have respect for anyone.
    As for my life choices and social life well that has nothing do do with this tread so I am not going there except to say at the moment I don't think anyone has or could have a social life unless you want to catch a horrible disease and die horribly that is.
    I think other people existing is too much for the OP, think he was hoping coronavirus would create a n Omega Man world where he could wander ,

No not at all. I have no problem with other people as long as they have a respect and regard for people around them.
    I would prefer an Omega Woman world myself.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I’ve said this before, we need a fleet of mobile car crushers and the will to use them. Car owner pays the bill and gets to keep the cube.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I’ve said this before, we need a fleet of mobile car crushers and the will to use them. Car owner pays the bill and gets to keep the cube.

Same for cyclists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Same for cyclists?

Correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

AMKC wrote: »
    I have no problem with live and let live as long as people have a regard and respect for other people but these imbeciles have none of that. They seem to think its funny to leave a cloud of black smoke where someone is walking be it a back road or a main street they just don't seem to care or have respect for anyone.
    As for my life choices and social life well that has nothing do do with this tread so I am not going there except to say at the moment I don't think anyone has or could have a social life unless you want to catch a horrible disease and die horribly that is.

No not at all. I have no problem with other people as long as they have a respect and regard for people around them.
    I would prefer an Omega Woman world myself.

So some sad old biddy who can't drive has decided they can say who can an can't have a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

If you can't differentiate between enjoying yourself, and enjoying yourself at the expense of others, then Im not sure you're old enough to be allowed use this forum.

Two questions - how old are you, and do you have a beard?

jimgoose wrote: »
    Two questions - how old are you, and do you have a beard?

32 and no. What difference does it make, though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

let me give you an example;there are two old ladies in my village, one of whom has a 95 car and she never fails the NCT, yet dozens of newer cars (anecdotally) fail the NCT.A common fail point is alleged brake pipe corrosion and friends of mine, with much newer cars, got hit with this at NCT centres and some had to replace pipes to get a pass, yet this old lady's car,at 25 years,never fails.How is that? the other old lady, she appears to keep her entire possessions in the car and may even be sleeping in it yet she has a valid NCT. what magic is she working?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

This had died out in our town but have noticed 2 cars lately that would fit the souped up bill.

Can't remember the types but the one yesterday was very close behind me, small white thing with an L plate and two young lads, baseball caps and all, in it.

So low to the ground they could hardly get over the speed humps, and they're pretty harmless humps at that.

Still, I wouldn't class every lad, or girl, who drives these things as a thug. Mostly they're young, maybe into cars and immature. Hopefully they'll grow out if it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

This had died out in our town but have noticed 2 cars lately that would fit the souped up bill.

Can't remember the types but the one yesterday was very close behind me, small white thing with an L plate and two young lads, baseball caps and all, in it.

So low to the ground they could hardly get over the speed humps, and they're pretty harmless humps at that.

Still, I wouldn't class every lad, or girl, who drives these things as a thug. Mostly they're young, maybe into cars and immature. Hopefully they'll grow out if it.
    Yeah. Years ago I knew a young lad . Fancy souped up old car . He wasn't a thug. More a bit of a gam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

All the young lads with the supped up Passat/Bora/Golf, making a "choo choo" sound with black smoke out the back.

Greasy hair with a workpants and hoodie trying to look busy. Wear a chain, polo shirt with color tucked up and bootcut jeans

Playing "hit the diff"

Advertisement