Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-12-2013, 19:17   #46
Burrow_Ursidae
Banned

Got this in Dealz for 1.49, even comes with a DVD in the sleeve!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hacienda-How.../dp/184739177X
Advertisement
13-12-2013, 19:29   #47
bigdone
Banned

just to let you know exact same christmas tree decorations (with names on them) Dealz 1.49 Easons 3.99
(3) thanks from:
13-12-2013, 19:38   #48
messinkiapina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow_Ursidae View Post

Which dealz? I've heard of that popping up in Dealz stores now and again, but I've not been lucky enough to find it yet.
13-12-2013, 19:52   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aodhagan View Post
The difference in taste of coke & the chocolate is because they are manufactured in the UK. UK Coke & Cadbury's chocolate are nowhere as nice as the Irish stuff.
The "British" Cadbury chocolate is actually made in Poland, no longer in the UK. The Brits have been banging on about how the taste had changed and vowed to never buy Cadbury again. We're lucky to have ours still being made in Coolock for now!
Thanks from:
13-12-2013, 20:08   #50
brian_gall85

Quote:
Since Dealz moved into my town of Midleton two "convenience stores" have gone bust, and good riddance - the prices they used charge.
Yeah because a single shop can buy in bulk like a chain store with hundreds, if not thousands of stores. I'm sure they also stock loads of Irish produced products in Dealz too.

And people wonder why the country is on its knees.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
13-12-2013, 20:11   #51
L1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahenyD5 View Post
The "British" Cadbury chocolate is actually made in Poland, no longer in the UK. The Brits have been banging on about how the taste had changed and vowed to never buy Cadbury again. We're lucky to have ours still being made in Coolock for now!
From memory it was the Frys plant (which they own) and not the main Bourneville factory that closed?

Coolock only makes certain bars, mainly more complicated ones and Rathmore in Kerry makes the flakes and twirls from memory.
Thanks from:
13-12-2013, 20:13   #52
brian_gall85

Eclairs and Freddos are made in Poland now, the quality of Roses and Milk Tray has fallen massively in the past decade or so.
(4) thanks from:
13-12-2013, 20:14   #53
sallybongers

I love Dealz... Definitely great stuff there to fill many stockings.

Bought Palmolive there recently, as it's always made my hair look great previously... But Jesus I was so disappointed. My hair looked awful the few times I tried it from the bottle I bought in Dealz. I just ended up throwing it out.

Still think it's a great shop from certain things though.
14-12-2013, 00:27   #54
Burrow_Ursidae
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybongers View Post
I love Dealz... Definitely great stuff there to fill many stockings.

Bought Palmolive there recently, as it's always made my hair look great previously... But Jesus I was so disappointed. My hair looked awful the few times I tried it from the bottle I bought in Dealz. I just ended up throwing it out.

Still think it's a great shop from certain things though.
Ah Sally I'd say it wasn't that bad.
Advertisement
14-12-2013, 01:13   #55
fussyonion

I doubt that's the fault of Dealz. Blame the Palmolive.
Thanks from:
14-12-2013, 08:17   #56
Hootanany

Quote:

Which one looked the biz
14-12-2013, 08:39   #57
Hareton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYOB View Post
Its interesting that they've deviated from the "everything is exactly the same price" model here, which I believe they still haven't in the UK. May be an experiment with a smaller market to see if it works.
Initially it was a trial with the "out of price range stock" or "price trial stock" but it's out of its trial stage now. They really couldn't introduced in the uk without renaming all stores to dealz.

Anyway staying on topic incase you haven't noticed that higher priced stock gets reduced even further at the end of its cycle and a lot of it can be good value.
14-12-2013, 09:25   #58
hollands

I shop in Dealz sometimes so I'm no snob but just a cautionary note when comparing prices on some items. There was a tv programme about Poundland not so long ago where they compared items like Nutella and other items that were flashed 30% or 40% extra free. The Nutella was a smaller jar produced exclusively for Poundland,as were other items, so not comparable. They also have multi packs of things like crisps that have 5 in them rather then the usual 6.The programme also pointed out that branded goods were prominently displayed near the front of the shop but they had a lot of tatty stuff also.
Still worth selective shopping though!
(2) thanks from:
14-12-2013, 09:32   #59
nightster1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonoperational View Post
Ah stop it will you. Sugar a poison? Too much sugar is bad for you, it's most certainly not a poison. What's causing the obesity epidemic is people eating too much and not exercising. Not the occasional Coke or bar of Dairymilk.
is not "moderation" the way to go?
14-12-2013, 09:51   #60
sohappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by green123 View Post
its not a glorified pound shop, it is a pound shop, called poundland in the uk, they just changed the name when they opened here.

http://www.poundland.co.uk/

what did you think they were ?

Amazing they sell the products in the UK for €1 and its €1.49 here, and we think the stuff is cheap! Current Rate, £1= €1.18

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion