Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Irish Products, Shops and Brands

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Astonishing that no one has been on to mention Magees menswear yet.

Fantastic middle of the road suits and other Tweed. All my Magee purchases have stood the test of time, it is a very reliable brand imo.

magee-donegal-tweed-jacket-p762-15626_medium.jpg9440.jpgGALLERYVIEW_18_Magee_SS16_5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Rory’s of Templebar

IAMAMORON wrote: »

Fantastic middle of the road suits and other Tweed. All my Magee purchases have stood the test of time, it is a very reliable brand imo.

Problem with tweed these days is that it's associated with knackers like Conor McGregor. A shame.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Problem with tweed these days is that it's associated with knackers like Conor McGregor. A shame.

Conzo is alright.

He gets a bad press from a lot of haters. He donated € 1 million in PPE to frontline workers.

I understand he also helps with homeless donations.

He looks ravishing in blue - what a hunk.

Conor-McGregor-2016-Photo-Shoot-Haute-Time-002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/emigration-of-donegal-firm-follows-european-trend-1.1017144

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Pretty sure there's no Irish bread, as we don't produce flour in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

Pretty sure there's no Irish bread, as we don't produce flour in this country.

Or Irish tea!everyone running around saying they miss these Irish products when more than half of them are produced abroad and packaged here.oh I miss my Barry’s tea box so much lol

Clonakilty black pud and sausages
    Ballymaloe relish
    Mccambridges bread
    Kerrygold butter

...jaysus I reckon it’ll be a fry I’m having in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

McGillycuddy's S&M gear. Handmade in Listowel, Co. Kerry.
    Very hardwearing and wipes clean easily.

(P.S. Right now gimp masks are two for the price of one!)

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

I was gifted one of their jumpers 2 years back. Really excellent quality. After a wash it comes out good as new, no sagging/stretching at the cuffs that you get with poorer brands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Clonakilty black pud and sausages
    Ballymaloe relish
    Mccambridges bread
    Kerrygold butter

...jaysus I reckon it’ll be a fry I’m having in the morning

Big fan of everything mentioned saved the Clonakilty puddings. Find it very gristly these days. Rudds is far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Glenisk Yoghurts are fantastic, and so is Glenstal salted butter. Green Saffron spices are really good also, I sometimes treat myself to a bowl of curry from their stall in the Limerick Farmer's Market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

pgj2015 wrote: »
    milk is milk. own brand is as good as avonmore.

Most of the big and own brand milk has been refrigerated for nearly a week before you get it in your fridge. If you want it fresher buy the local co-op stuff.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pretty boy floyd

fryup wrote: »
    sudocrem,

best irish creation ever

Living in the UK (emigrated a while ago) I was surprised and pleased in equal measure when we were given that in the maternity unit on the birth of our first. Nothing touches it for nappy rash :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pretty boy floyd

Reported for obvious trolling.
    Everyone knows its Barry's boi.

Lyons isn't fit for composting; it would make the worms sick

You can’t compost Barry’s either sadly....plastics

• Registered Users Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

We have some brilliant growers and producers of rapseed oil here in Ireland and can be commonly found in all supermarkets

Also coffee roasters is another bussiness that taking off in Ireland. A number of them around the country, Badger &Dodo in Fermoy, The old Barrick in Birdhill. As well as buying direct, often can buy bags of their coffee in independent coffee shops around the country

You can’t bate a Badger and Dodo cappuccino-absolute heaven:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The ‘Ardkeen Quality Food Store’ in Waterford do some really excellent hampers. They curate quality goods from around the country to put in them.

There are a number of different “ready made” options or you can, simply, “build your own” on their website. A, truly, wonderful gift for someone in these unprecedented times.

Also, the packaging is eco-friendly.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 4 crysmile2

I want to say in the topic of the branch. In the worst case, everyone can just get drunk)) The alcohol industry is well developed in Ireland. A couple of glasses of Tulamore and a couple of pints of Guinness and the problem with food will no longer be so important)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

The ‘Ardkeen Quality Food Store’ in Waterford do some really excellent hampers. They curate quality goods from around the country to put in them.

There are a number of different “ready made” options or you can, simply, “build your own” on their website. A, truly, wonderful gift for someone in these unprecedented times.

Also, the packaging is eco-friendly.

They used to have the most excellent jambons in the deli section years ago

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yamanoto wrote: »
    I'm surprised Club Orange has never been marketed abroad.

Anyone with properly functioning tastebuds knows it's far superior to Fanta
    There's no such thing as Fanta.

Coke buy out the leading orange drink in each market and and rebrand it Fanta. It varies wildly from country to country.

Diet Club Orange. The regular stuff is too sticky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Athula foods from Cork. A Sri Lankan (I think) who makes wonderful curry and pasta sauces. The jalfrezi in particular is lovely and spicy. Up there with Green Saffron spices already mentioned. I always stock up in my local Supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

Chef brown sauce is mine. I have to have it with a fried breakfast. On another note Irish milk (Only from the south not NI as it tastes of cheese) is the best, any other milk in Europe even in the Netherlands is undrinkable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭sporina

The Bearded Candle Maker's candles.. unbeatable when it comes to candles.. they have one called "Mourne Mountain Heather"... and my god, when I burn it, it transports me right back up to Slieve Donard.. sublime.. love them more than ever now what with covid.. tis the closest I can get to a hike..

https://www.thebeardedcandlemakers.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭sporina

Sheridans mixed seed crackers.

adore their brown bread crackers

Advertisement