Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halawa complaining about Late Late

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I am totally lost in this thread now!

Jamie Bryson? I have heard of him but what is the connection?

Bryson claimed he was going on hunger strike over something a few years ago. He lasted to read time when he ordered a takeaway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Halawa is wasted at Facebook. Surely Amazon or even An Post should have snapped him up. Found out how, from prison in Egypt, during a coup, he was able to get letters from his cell to Ireland, and published in national newspapers in less than 24 hours. He must have excellent delivery contacts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I think it was just lost in translation. He thought a hunger strike was when you go on strike from ever being hungry. 9 square meals a day.

Awww, c'mon even Hobbits dont eat that often ...... But he seems to have been going one for one with them.

............, and published in national newspapers in less than 24 hours. He must have excellent delivery contacts.

I was actually more impress how he got that letter smuggled out, immaculate, unfolded and in Ireland the next day. An Post are always losing my post and loads of stuff gets delay from the UK. That Halal postal service is the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Isnt it handy that when he accidently stumbled up on stage at a mass protest, he had notes.

• Advertisement

Isnt it handy that when he accidently stumbled up on stage at a mass protest, he had notes.

Well first "that is really an islamic matter".

Well this funny think happened to me down the Souk while I wandered off buying an ice-cream. Then he got bird shot in his hand. then they forgot to mention his heart condition. This boy clearly shouldnt be left outside the front door if he is that much of a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Sorcha Dhuisigh _She_Her_

I wonder why people get so worked up about this particular man.

If his name was Sean O Flaharta there is no doubt people either wouldn't care or would in fact be supporting his fight against Facebook for rights and support for workers.

I stand with Ibrahim on this issue. POC and minorities are amongst the most vulnerable in our society.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

He's a Coward and a liar and should have been left in Egypt

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I think it was just lost in translation. He thought a hunger strike was when you go on strike from ever being hungry. 9 square meals a day.

Perhaps he got Ramadan mixed up and stuffed his face from dusk til dawn

Seems as plausible as him accidentally becoming involved in a Muslim Botherhood coup and jumping up to deliver a speech to a crowd while looking for directions to the pyramids or some such

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If his name was Sean O Flaharta there is no doubt people either wouldn't care or would in fact be supporting his fight against Facebook for rights and support for workers.

I stand with Ibrahim on this issue. POC and minorities are amongst the most vulnerable in our society.

Good man, fair play to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

8GJOnbH.jpg

Hi Recent Reg, welcome to boards, glad you could join.
    Kindly hold my beer while I school you on "Sean O Flaharta".

Terry Kelly was an Irish nurse and studied in London. He went to work in Saudi Arabia and he still didnt have enough money so he supplemented himself by making hooch, because Terry was a moochy mouch he got caught with the hooch. He got himself a place at the local prison where he converted to Islam in order to get out early. Then he comes back to Ireland to "welcome the day an Islamic flag flies over Dail Eireann".

Terry now called Kalid Al Irlandi cos he was kind of special in the head due to drinking homemade alcohol. 9/11 happens and Kalid is suddenly under intelligence services observation until they realise he is a muppet. He heads out looking for his Jihad in Afghanistan where the Taliban treat him with suspicion, until they realise he is a muppet.

To convince them Terry makes a homemade carbomb and successfully takes out one person on a trial run. At this stage I wasnt convinced until then, fair play Kalid, never doubted you lad.

Now the littlest Halawa? Vulnerable? His daddy is one of the richest men in Europe collecting Halal. Halal is calculated at 2% of gross product of a venture at each stage. So the farmer, manufacturer, transporter and retailer would have to pay 2% at each stage!!! Also a halal product cannot be sold next to a non halal product so that means everything has to be halal. They all pay!!! One way or the other. That is a nice slice of your grocery bill.

Facebook? I thought this lad had a place in UCD studying engineering. Why would we want to import him when we can export headbangers like Terry "KaBooml" Kelly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Well first "that is really an islamic matter".

Well this funny think happened to me down the Souk while I wandered off buying an ice-cream. Then he got bird shot in his hand. then they forgot to mention his heart condition. This boy clearly shouldnt be left outside the front door if he is that much of a moron.
    It is obvious that Ibrahim Halawa is an unadulterated liar.
    So the question is how is it that the Irish psyche seem to fall for liars like this? His father has/had a top position with a terrorist organisation; yet he seems to have received asylum in Ireland 20 years ago. Why? As leader of the biggest mosque in Ireland, he labeled homosexuality as "sinful" a few days before welcoming back his son to our sinful country.

The fact that the Irish mainstream media, especially RTE, continues to provide these people with a platform is mindboggling. What benefits are they bringing to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That is not strictly quite true. The Irish government can strip you of citizenship it does happen. It is usually done for deeply embarrassing when you are properly caught out there and you have gone against best advice from the embassy and persisted. Its usually hidden in Government files and it needs cabinet approval. I have never heard of a specific case of it but it has been done.

It can only be revoked if it was obtained via naturalisation. Unfortunately it doesn't apply to this lad.

Kivaro wrote: »
    It is obvious that Ibrahim Halawa is an unadulterated liar.
    So the question is how is it that the Irish psyche seem to fall for liars like this? His father has/had a top position with a terrorist organisation; yet he seems to have received asylum in Ireland 20 years ago. Why? As leader of the biggest mosque in Ireland, he labeled homosexuality as "sinful" a few days before welcoming back his son to our sinful country.

The fact that the Irish mainstream media, especially RTE, continues to provide these people with a platform is mindboggling. What benefits are they bringing to Ireland?

It all started with the Halal meat contracts in Ballaghaderreen. Iraqi/muslim government official rolls into Dublin with a big ole suit case of cash and asks where can I buy enough beef to feed a country the size of france and by the way we are going to war next week. You are going to find some very helpful government ministers and their golf buddies. Please find "Accidental Diplomat" book, I loved the story about Tariq Aziz wondering why all the beef factory reps were having buffet breakfast with him, but Larry Goodman was observing in the corner. That was the start of Halal, live exports to Egypt and laying the ground for the beef tribunal.

Now Halalwas in Ireland? They were bringing in big ole bags of cash too and built a massive mosque so all the ministers golf buddies got jobs plastering on the site. The Halawas were in need of asylum in Europe (cos no one in the middle east would take them).

If you ever get tired of the Halawas then you need to check out Dr Ali Selim formerly of Trinity middle eastern studies. He has some great ideas on Female Genital Mutilation.

It can only be revoked if it was obtained via naturalisation. Unfortunately it doesn't apply to this lad.

I have been told it can under unnatural circumstances. When the Irish government dont want to acknowledge someone, so some other foreign government can plaster over the matter. The file is usually sealed for thirty years or more! Its done by the cabinet. I have never heard of it being done specifically. I have heard of loads of people (maybe 6) renouncing Irish citizenship but never heard of someone disgracing themselves so bad that it was taken off them.

I have been told it can under unnatural circumstances. When the Irish government dont want to acknowledge someone, so some other foreign government can plaster over the matter. The file is usually sealed for thirty years or more! Its done by the cabinet. I have never heard of it being done specifically. I have heard of loads of people (maybe 6) renouncing Irish citizenship but never heard of someone disgracing themselves so bad that it was taken off them.

there is no legal mechanism to remove the citizenship of an irish citizen from birth.

there is no legal mechanism to remove the citizenship of an irish citizen from birth.

Well if the file is seal for 30+years most people will have forgotten about. Also dont think the Irish Government wouldnt send G2 out to clean up the mess they should have taken care of themselves originally.

I miss Father Patrick Ryans masses. He was always up early. God didnt he love them dutch alarm clocks, used to leave them lying all over the place. Whatever became of him?

Well if the file is seal for 30+years most people will have forgotten about. Also dont think the Irish Government wouldnt send G2 out to clean up the mess they should have taken care of themselves originally.

I miss Father Patrick Ryans masses. He was always up early. God didnt he love them dutch alarm clocks, used to leave them lying all over the place. Whatever became of him?

the conspiracy theory forum is somewhere to the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It all started with the Halal meat contracts in Ballaghaderreen. Iraqi/muslim government official rolls into Dublin with a big ole suit case of cash and asks where can I buy enough beef to feed a country the size of france and by the way we are going to war next week. You are going to find some very helpful government ministers and their golf buddies. Please find "Accidental Diplomat" book, I loved the story about Tariq Aziz wondering why all the beef factory reps were having buffet breakfast with him, but Larry Goodman was observing in the corner. That was the start of Halal, live exports to Egypt and laying the ground for the beef tribunal.

Now Halalwas in Ireland? They were bringing in big ole bags of cash too and built a massive mosque so all the ministers golf buddies got jobs plastering on the site. The Halawas were in need of asylum in Europe (cos no one in the middle east would take them).

If you ever get tired of the Halawas then you need to check out Dr Ali Selim formerly of Trinity middle eastern studies. He has some great ideas on Female Genital Mutilation.

Worked with and was quite friendly with the Accidental Diplomat for years, never short of a story.

• Advertisement

the conspiracy theory forum is somewhere to the right.

Are you suggesting there was never a Father Ryan? Dont you think it is strange he was never heard from again? You dont knock off two boys from White Hall and get away free, clerical discount or not. Like this post if you never heard of Father Patrick Ryan and his wonderful collection of 200 dutch timepieces before now.

Are you suggesting there was never a Father Ryan? Dont you think it is strange he was never heard from again? You dont knock off two boys from White Hall and get away free, clerical discount or not. Like this post if you never heard of Father Patrick Ryan and his wonderful collection of 200 dutch timepieces before now.

The same father patrick ryan who did an interview with the BBC in 2019? He still seems to be kicking about https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-49797327

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Shameful.
    Corrupt to the core .... our little "Republic".
    One day there will eventually be a reckoning.

The same father patrick ryan who did an interview with the BBC in 2019? He still seems to be kicking about https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-49797327

Cripes.... he must have had the quare fella protecting him, two members of MI6, 5 of the household guard (and horses) and the attempted on Margaret Thatcher? That surely warrants a clementine in the mouth and fishnet stocking over the head. I genuinely thought he skipped town or the frim came to visit him, or didnt have an "accident" with one of his own toys.

The Ra's version of James Bond in a collar!!! This guy could have given Sydney Reilly a run for his money.
    https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Patrick_Ryan

The good Doctor took €6k from Trinners for being canceled.

https://extra.ie/2019/04/25/news/irish-news/dr-ali-selim-trinity-college

The good Doctor took €6k from Trinners for being canceled.

https://extra.ie/2019/04/25/news/irish-news/dr-ali-selim-trinity-college

If you ask me Trinity got the better end of the deal. Cheap way to clear scum off the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

If you ask me Trinity got the better end of the deal. Cheap way to clear scum off the property.

They got off lightly.
    No proper procedure of dismissal.
    What are their hr department paid for?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

That was UCD, not TCD.

MugsGame wrote: »
    That was UCD, not TCD.

That kind of stuff goes on in all universities. Just nobody talks about it. Usually people give up and change job and the offender goes on to another subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

MugsGame wrote: »
    That was UCD, not TCD.

They should be kept busy in the next couple of years so ...

Advertisement