Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    TA, when I'm stopped in traffic and the car in front of me rolls forward giving me the illusion that I am rolling backwards. I can actually feel myself rolling.

TA, if you don't immediately rinse a bowl that has had porridge or Weetabix in it, it sets like concrete. I'm wondering is this why it was called "Weetabix the builder" :)

TAs me in general the way people do that. The lights are still red yet all of a sudden everyone will decide to move forward 3 feet for no reason :confused: I simply refuse to play this game! I will move when the lights change. Ironically, usually when the lights change I can actually move faster because there is a gap between me and the driver in front :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

2 things today really pissed me off.
    1.In Aldi and someone packing at the till meant i missed my bus.Why do Aldi not enforce the no packing rule
    2.Crossing the road and the car coming towards me was going soooo sllllllllow.I didnt know whether he was slowing for me or looking for somewhere.He was looking for somewhere.I had to wait till he passed me before i could cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

**** who think stopping for pedestrians at a pedestrian crossing is optional.

This one wasn't on his phone at least. Just a wanker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Cant get warm today at all. Admittedly I have not been out of the house yet and no exercise...but still...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The new Pet Shop Boys album is released today. Took the traditional day off work. Went into Golden Discs to buy it.

"It's not out until 7th February"
    "The release date is today. Amazon are shipping it already and my mate got a copy in a Dublin record shop this morning."
    "Well it says here 7th February"
    "You sure you're checking the release date of Pet Shop Boys - Hotspot album"
    "Is it not called Monkey Business?"
    "No - that's their upcoming single which is due for release on 7th February. Can you check for the Hotspot album"
    "Ah yes, I see now. No - didn't come in. Maybe this afternoon or tomorrow or at the latest Monday"

FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,911 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Autosport wrote: »
    Drivers not using fog lights in the fog

And the ones who don't switch them off when they're out of the fog/in continuous traffic. You're three feet in front of me in the city centre, dude, I'm well aware you're there, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A mental health professional telling me I should be more optimistic about a situation which will end one of two horrible ways.

* A situation that he has never been in.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

dubstarr wrote: »
    2 things today really pissed me off.
    1.In Aldi and someone packing at the till meant i missed my bus.Why do Aldi not enforce the no packing rule

Sorry, but you missed your bus because you did not allow enough time for your shopping.
    Under no circumstances would I ever move to a window sill to pack my shopping into my trolley or bags. If people can't wait 2 extra minutes for a person to put their shopping into order, then what kind of an instant and demanding society are we living in?

To thine own self be true

Sorry, but you missed your bus because you did not allow enough time for your shopping.
    Under no circumstances would I ever move to a window sill to pack my shopping into my trolley or bags. If people can't wait 2 extra minutes for a person to put their shopping into order, then what kind of an instant and demanding society are we living in?

Because them's the rules. If you want to avail of Aldi's low prices, you engage with the model that allows them to offer them in the first place.

I'll never understand why some people are so arsey about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Because them's the rules. If you want to avail of Aldi's low prices, you engage with the model that allows them to offer them in the first place.

I'll never understand why some people are so arsey about this.

I’ve no issue with the “system” but I do not like the speed at which the checkout operators fly through the items.

Sometimes it can be too fast to even refill the trolley. I had one the other night almost knock “produce” onto the floor by trying to scan through in record time. There was no one behind me at the till either.

It’s the least “enjoyable” aspect of shopping in those type of stores.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It would be extremely bad manners to do that in Aldi, when its against their policy and there's literally signs everywere stating so.

Nothing more frustrating than being behind someone who completely disregards this and holds up the whole queue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Against policy but no penalty for doing so. Apart from death stares from everybody behind you...

My TA is quantity of laundry. Day after day there's not enough to put on a load, then all of a sudden there's too much to go in the machine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Against policy but no penalty for doing so. Apart from death stares from everybody behind you...!

There should be batons at all the checkouts and a button that turns off the CCTV for these situations

I’ve no issue with the “system” but I do not like the speed at which the checkout operators fly through the items.

Sometimes it can be too fast to even refill the trolley. I had one the other night almost knock “produce” onto the floor by trying to scan through in record time. There was no one behind me at the till either.

It’s the least “enjoyable” aspect of shopping in those type of stores.

They're timed and monitored on them, that's why. They're expected to have a scan rate of 1,500 items an hour and it's a bollocking from management if they consistently fall below that. Something the contrarians who seem to think they're winning some kind of moral victory by purposely pack at the till would do well to bear in mind (that's not aimed at you, btw).

SusieBlue wrote: »
    It would be extremely bad manners to do that in Aldi, when its against their policy and there's literally signs everywere stating so.

Nothing more frustrating than being behind someone who completely disregards this and holds up the whole queue.

Tell that to the little 80 year old woman who has to lug her bits and pieces over to a window sill rather than being allowed 2 minutes grace to put her vegetables in a bag when she hands over the money.
    These supermarkets should introduce self service checkouts as an option for the speedy Gonzales of society and let the rest of us pack our bags without the evil eyes boring into our backs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Tell that to the little 80 year old woman who has to lug her bits and pieces over to a window sill rather than being allowed 2 minutes grace to put her vegetables in a bag when she hands over the money.
    These supermarkets should introduce self service checkouts as an option for the speedy Gonzales of society and let the rest of us pack our bags without the evil eyes boring into our backs :)

Yeah I’m sure most reasonable people wouldn’t take issue with a frail elderly lady doing that, quite an extreme example you’ve chosen there that isn’t reflective of the usual scenario.

Big difference between that and the people that intentionally ignore the policy because they think they’re above following the rules and almost take pleasure in the fact that it annoys and inconveniences others.
    If you want to pack at the till, shop in Tesco or Dunnes.

Susie, we'll call a truce :)

My TA for this evening is that because it was a cloudy day, any stretch in the evening previously seen this week wasn't there today.

The groceries are going to weigh the same whether she bags them at the till or the shelf though???

The fact that nobody seems to wear socks any more. I feel like such an anachronism and I'm freezing looking at all the bare ankles on display all winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Ah come on now with the little 80 year old drama. People are talking about the ignorant fukers with a massive trolley that can simply toss their remaining stuff into the trolley ( like I do ), pay and move the few yards away to pack properly. People aren't complaining about a little old lady packing a few vegetables.

*Edit seen your truce reply purple. Fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ghosteen wrote: »
    Ah come on now with the little 80 year old drama. People are talking about the ignorant fukers with a massive trolley that can simply toss their remaining stuff into the trolley ( like I do ), pay and move the few yards away to pack properly. People aren't complaining about a little old lady packing a few vegetables.

*Edit seen your truce reply purple. Fair enough.

The people behind her are, most certainly, complaining. No one like a slow poke counting out the pennies.

These packing issues only arise when it’s your turn to face the “beep test”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

These packing issues only arise when it’s your turn to face the “beep testâ€.

Ah right trolling for the craic, I get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,480 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Cross over TV episodes. Just because I watch one or two of your shows don't mean I want to watch the rest of them. (Yes, I'm looking at you Chicago PD/Fire/Med).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Cross over TV episodes. Just because I watch one or two of your shows don't mean I want to watch the rest of them. (Yes, I'm looking at you Chicago PD/Fire/Med).

Yep, being forced to watch Med is infuriating, its a desperate show. I do love Fire and PD though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,480 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Yep, being forced to watch Med is infuriating, its a desperate show. I do love Fire and PD though

Same here. I've no interest in Med or when they had Justice. But I do like the other two.

The whole point is that it is a discount store and therefore they need to get people through fast to make savings. When have you ever seen a full complement of cashiers in aldi or lidl? If you want time for idle chit chat with the cashier while you separate your groceries into frozen peas versus toiletries perhaps you should shop in dunnes. They love to go slow there. :p

TA not every statement or opinion is a damning indictment of the society we live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Melania Frump

Why?

I'm not shoving it into everyone's face, just our dumb ass postie.
    Maybe you're happy getting a sh1t ton of unwanted paper.

Just had one before and I think even the neighbours put their junk mail in. It certainly wasnt adhered to! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

Politicians calling to the door and all their election leaflets, etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,512 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Politicians calling to the door and all their election leaflets, etc..

Not content with not getting an answer at the front door (I wasn't bothered) a pair of canvassers barge in anyway!

Not content with not getting an answer at the front door (I wasn't bothered) a pair of canvassers barge in anyway!

Charming.. Representing their party well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Trying to get Venetian blinds for an extra wide window is sadly consuming my life today. This is not how I imagined my life planning out.

A pair of canvassers entered your home arbitrarily, uninvited and without permission? Sure Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The fact that nobody seems to wear socks any more. I feel like such an anachronism and I'm freezing looking at all the bare ankles on display all winter.

I see that alot. Runners/ shoes and no socks while I have a pair of big thick ones on to keep me warm.
    TA is I had to Google anachronism . Well it's not really a TA but 30 years after leaving school I find I enjoy learning new words . Too little,too late methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

People having the nerve to cough and sneeze around me on public transport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Trying to get Venetian blinds for an extra wide window is sadly consuming my life today. This is not how I imagined my life planning out.

You didn't think it would have its ups and downs?

The joys of being an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

When they close a thread rather than just remove individuals

People having the nerve to cough and sneeze around me on public transport

To be fair everyone is coughing and sneezing everywhere at the moment , I’ve had a cough for 3 weeks, everyone at work is coughing and sneezing, it’s pretty hard to avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,809 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people who can't see something refuse to put on there glasses!

• Advertisement

To be fair everyone is coughing and sneezing everywhere at the moment , I’ve had a cough for 3 weeks, everyone at work is coughing and sneezing, it’s pretty hard to avoid.

Especially because so many people refuse to use tissues, wash their hands etc. Eugh another TA of mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

When they close a thread rather than just remove individuals

I find that so annoying . We are having a good discussion , some eejit pops along and posts rubbish and they close the thread instead of removing the posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I just got a 128GB USB stick from Amazon and the f*cking thing is formatted FAT32 ... I mean WTF??!!!

In this day and age ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

When people who can't see something refuse to put on there glasses!

When you wake up and can't see where your glasses might even be.

It's all a blur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Washing a saucepan that's been used to cook scrambled eggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Deja Boo wrote: »
    When you wake up and can't see where your glasses might even be.

It's all a blur.

I agree. If I misplace my glasses I'm done for as I haven't a hope in hell of seeing them myself.
    I have mistaken tomato stalks for spiders. I told the child there was a hedgehog on the road and when we went out it was a dead rhododendron head and I have tried to pick up a patch of sunlight off the floor, all when I wasn't wearing the specklies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

TA'd that my wife and I were watching a program about Top of the Pops in 1978, and I CAN'T GET THE GODDAM SMURF SONG OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Damned if I'm suffering alone though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Price of a hotel room in Dublin on a Saturday night the first weekend in February, I could get a week in Fuerteventura for some of the prices quoted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

storker wrote: »
    TA'd that my wife and I were watching a program about Top of the Pops in 1978, and I CAN'T GET THE GODDAM SMURF SONG OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Damned if I'm suffering alone though...

Well feck you! I didn't even have to press play, just saw the thumb nail and the chorus of 'la la lalala la la la laah' in that infuriating nazal squeek immediately started up in my head.
    TA the TA thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Obnoxious neighbour pulling an all night screaming fest, and still at it... jayz the nasty words I am learning!

another long night of pillow over ears

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Obnoxious neighbour pulling an all night screaming fest, and still at it... jayz the nasty words I am learning!

another long night of pillow over ears

When you leave the house later, 'forget' to turn the radio off. Wouldn't it be awful if it was at full volume too?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement