Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate/Sweets of the late 80's/90's

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 candy69

Oracle wrote: »
    Talking of candy, I remember when Jolly Ranchers were on sale here, then they disappeared.

I was in the states over christmas and i brought some home. my sister is mad for them to. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

This is for the kids of the '80's on here - mid decade there were these tiny fruit sweets that looked like teeny skittles but were single colour and they came in a flip-top plastic box that had the look of Lego bricks about them. I've been wrecking my head trying to think of the name of them. Can anyone help? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

washiskin wrote: »
    This is for the kids of the '80's on here - mid decade there were these tiny fruit sweets that looked like teeny skittles but were single colour and they came in a flip-top plastic box that had the look of Lego bricks about them. I've been wrecking my head trying to think of the name of them. Can anyone help? :confused:
    Wasn't nerds was it? Doubt it because they might even still be around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Nyum...nyum

starbar_wr.jpg

I have one of these at least once a week with a giant cup of tea!
    meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember eat a yolks? Turtle shell shaped chocolate filled with yummy yellow stuff. Usually only appeared around Easter.

Popped into my local to pay for petrol last week and spotted them on the counter. Had to get a few for old times sake. Yumm!

I was mad excited when I saw these in my local shop a couple of months ago, and bought five! I was so disappointed as the yellow goo was replaced with some white muck that was a much thicker consistency. Would love the real thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

budgemook wrote: »
    Wasn't nerds was it? Doubt it because they might even still be around.

Was it Pez???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Anybody seen 'Catch' bars lately. Haven't seen them anywhere for months

Have been off them for Lent! Not deliberately :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

gammygils wrote: »
    Anybody seen 'Catch' bars lately. Haven't seen them anywhere for months

Have been off them for Lent! Not deliberately :D

Had one 3 or 4 weeks ago - still an amazing bar of chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

washiskin wrote: »
    were they called runts? the box was similar to tic tacs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Thanks for the replies, but definitely not Nerds, Pez or Runts :(

The box was about the same depth as and about 1 & 1/2 times the height & width of a matchbox ans 3 of the sides had connectors like lego on them. The flavour that stand out in my mind is Raspberry and they came in a dark dusty pink box. For some reason I think the name began with S - like Stackers or Sticklers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Cadbury's Astros were delicious.

4715689492a5849218158ml.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Cadbury's Astros were delicious.

Oh I loved those. That's a blast from the past!

Advertisement