Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your disciplinary record on here?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

Stheno wrote: »
    4 yellows in 16 years last one was 2014
    How do you become a mod ? Does Dev call you or what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

3 reds & 2 yellows...most in the rugby forum...the mods in there don't like when you refer to rugby players as being scumbags despite having criminal records that justify the preceding statement

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

2 red
    3 yellow
    1 red reversed
    1 yellow reversed.

There should have been more reversed just the people judging it are human too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Few yellows but nothing major, can't for the life of me understand the people who go through a whole dispute resolution process to overturn a digital yellow card. Dispute resolution forum is hilariously cringey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Only gotten 3;

- for calling someone a bigot
    - for telling someone to piss off
    - for telling someone to "learn to read" [really...]

All RED.

I'm such a person of questionable nature I am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

No cards or bans on this or previous accounts going back 15 years. One warning ever, about my criticism of a forum, in that forum, on this account. I would probably get banned if I posted in that forum, but I avoid it like the plague unless I end up there unknowingly from the front page. I managed to post there frequently long ago and remain civil, but I know I don't have the patience to pussyfoot around the nonsense anymore, so it's best avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

3 reds and 2 yellows.

One red for calling Mike Brown (England rugby player) a bellend. I stand by it.

I was proud of this one though.

No cards here.
    I'm the Gary Lineker of Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Many of the moderators on here are truly appalling.

You receive infractions or bans simply for having a contrary view to theirs, or if you happen to highlight that something which they have stated is not actually correct.

Boards.ie is actually a disgusting site full of tin pot dictators as moderators. I have no respect for a huge number of the so-called moderators here. I am sure there might be exceptions who actually do a decent job.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Wtf ? wrote: »

I cant remember what forum I first nodded tbh

But whatever it was I got a pm from a CMod (I think) asking if I was interested in modding

Generally mods are chosen from posters who post a lot in a particular forum and have an ok record

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Risteard81 wrote: »

You receive infractions or bans simply for having a contrary view to theirs, or if you happen to highlight that something which they have stated is not actually correct.

Boards.ie is actually a disgusting site full of tin pot dictators as moderators. I have no respect for a huge number of the so-called moderators here. I am sure there might be exceptions who actually do a decent job.

Given that that's pretty much exactly how you see the real world, it's not surprising to see it reflected online.

Given that that's pretty much exactly how you see the real world, it's not surprising to see it reflected online.
    Everything I stated was factual.

1 yellow for calling someone a see you next Tuesday in the heat of discussion

1 red from a mod for not posting correctly in a certain thread - mod had actually completely misread the thread title and had gotten everything arseways and banned me from the thread for no reason, when I pointed out over several messages how I had in fact been posting correctly and in line with how everyone else used the thread they begrudgingly reversed it and gave me a non-apology.

I generally feel the trope of the power-tripping mod is overblown on this site but I was genuinely surprised at the sanctimonious way I was dealt with despite having done nothing and them being totally wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

NoDrama wrote: »
    No cards here.

Apt username so.

I generally feel the trope of the power-tripping mod is overblown on this site but I was genuinely surprised at the sanctimonious way I was dealt with despite having done nothing and them being totally wrong.
    Sanctimonious isn't the half of it. They are probably breaching bullying laws much of the time. And some mods are quick to issue infractions to protect their friends, and allow the friends to bully with impunity.

As I stated, many are an absolute disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Risteard81 wrote: »

I once got a yellow for "strawman" from a mod I was debating with. I reported other posts using "strawman" and got scolded by another mod because strawman arguments aren't against the charter. It wasn't even strawman argument. Went through the process and they wouldn't rescind it, predictably.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I love those arguments from the type of user who’s here a wet weekend and yet goes on about the power tripping mods.

Most people on this site get along just fine, with one or two mod actions every once in a while, but to the other type of poster it’s always the power tripping mods who are to blame, along with their sheeple.

3 yellows, 1 red here

Yellows were for what I considered 2 jokey comments and 1 “you really are too thick to breath” type
    Red was for a bit of overreaction but still deserved. Last one was 2017

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod

Thread has been good up until the last few posts so I want to remind everyone that the purpose of this thread is not to complain about moderators or mod actions. If it heads down that route it will be closed.

There is a multi-step process that can be followed when a card or a ban has been issued, complaining about it in AH long after the fact is not part of it.

Lets keep it light hearted as I'm sure the op intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Have two yellows from 2012, one which was in R&R and I went againt the rant so was totally justified.

Second was for a comment on a post by a serial CT poster......everyone and everything was out to get him. Both cards were within 3 days of each other, so I must have been off my own meds those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

Two yellow one red.

Mostly in Sports discussions and once for correcting someones spelling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Why do you have to re-reg? How do you know if you have these red or yellow card things?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

14 yellows + 1 red (and another 2 reds that were reversed)
    1 2 week ban - my hatred of a certain football club got the better of me … worth it though :)

Latest yellow was about 2 weeks ago , I challenged and it was disregarded, yes no surprise.
    Who would have thought that pointing out that you shouldn't take pics of cars, while driving a car was "derailing the thread " ?
    Anyway, we live and learn ….

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Kylta wrote: »
    Why do you have to re-reg? How do you know if you have these red or yellow card things?

Just click on your user name in the top right, it will bring you to your 'homepage'.
    Click on the infractions tab then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭storker

NoDrama wrote: »
    No cards here.

And I'm the...some other guy who's like Gary Lineker that way.

Spotless record. :)

greenspurs wrote: »
    14 yellows + 1 red (and another 2 reds that were reversed)
    1 2 week ban - my hatred of a certain football club got the better of me … worth it though :)

Latest yellow was about 2 weeks ago , I challenged and it was disregarded, yes no surprise.
    Who would have thought that pointing out that you shouldn't take pics of cars, while driving a car was "derailing the thread " ?
    Anyway, we live and learn ….
    Just click on your user name in the top right, it will bring you to your 'homepage'.
    Click on the infractions tab then.

Wait a second, you don't even have in Infractions tab! I think you're actually a good-two-shoes just pretending to be well hard...

I have one red only on my account from 2010. I have no idea what it was for actually. It was from a mod that is no longer a member of the site.

And it is marked as "Private" so either the thread it was on was deleted - or the infraction was directed and not related to any post. No idea.

Half curious to know now what it was for. After all I can not learn from my mistakes if I can not remember them can I? :)

Entirely clean record since that though. If I get to 7th October without an infraction then I am a full decade clean :)
    Wtf ? wrote: »

I think you have to ask or apply. I always said I would never be a mod unless they come and ask me though :) So you are all safe cause that never happens I think.

storker wrote: »
    Wait a second, you don't even have in Infractions tab! I think you're actually a good-two-shoes just pretending to be well hard...

:confused:

Okay …..

I wouldn't think its 'well hard' really..... Just cant keep my online mouth shut I guess...

I do have an infractions tab, maybe if you don't have any cards/bans you don't have an infraction tab ???

Ps - if you don't have any, you aren't trying hard enough !! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have a complaint about the mods. My consistently bad ass behavior has not yielded one yellow or red card in all my years on this and previous accounts.

Mods be conspiring to make me look like an angel.

:confused:

Okay …..

I wouldn't think its 'well hard' really..... Just cant keep my online mouth shut I guess...

I do have an infractions tab, maybe if you don't have any cards/bans you don't have an infraction tab ???

Ps - if you don't have any, you aren't trying hard enough !! :P

Thinking about it...an infractions tab probably isn't and shouldn't be viewable by others, so that would explain it. I was disappointed with your home page after expecting to find an infractions tab lit up like a Christmas tree. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

3 yellows in 11 years.
    One for pointing out that the OP was a troll,by checking his posting history.He got a permaban,I kept my card for pointing it out.
    One for taking the piss out of Boards' commercial partner,some Chinese knockoff merchants shadier than Wish.

Advertisement