Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 190 - Rousey v Correia

Options
  • 26-07-2015 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

9b3965328a36db0cc760fd22804b910f.png

Date: Saturday 1st August
    Venue: HSBC Arena, Rio, Brazil
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (Fight Pass, 12am), Prelims (BT Sport 2, 1am), Main Card (BT Sport 2, 3am)
    Odds: Rousey (1/12) v Correia (10/1)

Notes: Franca v Bruno is the Brazilian TUF lightweight final. Lopes v Vieira is the Brazilian TUF bantamweight final. The winner of Gadelha v Aguliar faces Jędrzejczyk for the womens strawweight title.

Who Will Win The Main Event? 147 votes

Rousey via KO/TKO
    0%
    Rousey via Decision
    41%
    TippexA-TrakInquitusAdrianIIHerculeEvd-BurnerMmmm_LemonyJimmy Bottleheaddave1982Keith Cxtal191MellorBenny CakeTefralneil_hoseyGadgecallaway92killwillardinnTiGeR KiNgS 61 votes
    Rousey via Submission
    0%
    RobbingBandit 1 vote
    Correia via KO/TKO
    51%
    Fenixnxbyveromdwjpg445279.iechopperbyrneevil_seed[Deleted User]Duck SoupTiggerslicus ricusMiskyBoyymailburnerRVD420crybabymickcarybvtcw0eolkfpaulieeyeartvanduletCardinalJHokiscudzilla 76 votes
    Correia via Decision
    5%
    califanowayne0308smilerfJFlahburCaptainInsanobfa1509Subcomandante Marcos 8 votes
    Correia via Submission
    0%
    phily2002 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Correia via KO/TKO
    I pity the likes of Rogan having to pretend that Correia has half a chance in these previews while keeping a straight face at the same time. It must be hard to do! :pac: It seems Rousey genuinely has never wanted to beat someone so badly after Correia's suicide comment and has said she wants to drag the punishment out, but even if it impacts on her performance emotionally, she's still going to have far, far too much here and can probably finish it as quickly as she wants. It's a privilege to watch her in action though. Man, I love Ronda! :D

The other fight I'm most interested in is the strawweight title eliminator between Gadelha and Aguilar and I'll have my fingers crossed that Gadelha can get the win to set up the rematch with Joanna. Of course Jędrzejczyk has improved since their first bout but I thought Gadelha won the fight (12 of 14 media also gave it to Claudia per MMA Decisions.com) so would love to see a rematch. It's intriguing to see how Gadelha performs here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭xtal191

Rousey via Decision
    Strange having 7 fights on the main card. I'm really looking forward to Gadelha vs Aguilar too, only two women who have a chance of beating Jędrzejczyk imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Correia via Decision
    Correia via KO/TKO obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,079 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Rousey via Decision
    Renzo Ronda by armbar

• Registered Users Posts: 29,507 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rousey via Decision
    I think Ronda will bypass the armbar and actually try to make a hole in Correira's face with hammerfists. Hope Shogun busts up Lil Nog and hope Big Nog subs the shyte out of Struve.

• Advertisement

I watched her fight and she landed punch after punch on one of rouseys friends. the girl still stayed standing, heavy hands my arse, rousey is a different league of athlete altogether. Even looking and eye v tate, theres's simply only one who'll give her a fight and it's cyborg, who's technically a man anyway!

I see rousey destroying this one quickly too, very very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

rusty cole wrote: »
    theres's simply only one who'll give her a fight and it's cyborg, who's technically a man anyway!

She is technically a Woman and is a woman, That is fighter bashing and out of order to be straight.

Why she get's singled out for Juice when it is rampant in the UFC and probably less haven't used PED's than have.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

relax jesus, I wasn't actually saying she's a man, with male apendage etc!!
    it was a comparison to how muscular and androgeonus she is, FFS!! get off your high horse, ill take it back if it stop you getting that bent outa shape!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Correia via KO/TKO
    It is a bit sad that that people cannot appreciate Cyborg as a fighter without bringing up her looks. She is an incredible fighter and should get the same respect as a male MMA fighter would in the same position.

eh I think you'll find I said she's the only one who stands a chance near rousey. hence that says a lot about her ability as a fighter. the being masculine looking also was a throwaay remark, that's repeated daily when one mentions her name in MMA circles.

• Advertisement

eh I think you'll find I said she's the only one who stands a chance near rousey. hence that says a lot about her ability as a fighter. the being masculine looking also was a throwaay remark, that's repeated daily when one mentions her name in MMA circles.

Maybe say it to her face sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Rousey via Decision
    Fairly meh card added to the fact its in Brazil il be giving it a miss live. Correia surely cant truely believe the stuff shes saying in the promo videos can she? Saying Rousey is a fabrication of the media its actually hilarious.
    In the battle of the over the hill Brazilians I think Shogun shoudl take it but id rather both men retired. Bigfoots class jaw after coming off TRT will get caved in by Palelei & I hope Struve finally makes the impact I know he can but after the Reem loss he could be ****ed.
    Hopefully Gadhela ins would love to see her rematch with Joanna.
    On the undercard I really hope Magny keeps his streak up, would love wins from himself, Hester & Cummins!

cowzerp wrote: »
    Maybe say it to her face sometime.

don't get carried away, id put her on her back steroids or not. im no shrinking violet so we'll leave to she'd beat you up, my ma would beat your da ****e for now shall we.! that debate's been done to death on here time after time!

don't get carried away, id put her on her back steroids or not. im no shrinking violet so we'll leave to she'd beat you up

OK!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Stupidest title fight in history? Correia's 3 ufc wins have a combined record of 1-7 in the UFC. I'm thinking Ronda by KO/TKO, she'll toy with her.

cowzerp wrote: »
    OK!

OK!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Correia via KO/TKO
    While I think Rousey should win this, my only concern would be how emotionally invested in this fight she is. Correia has touched a few nerves in a major way in the build up to this fight. I can only assume this has been intentional to try to throw Rousey off her game and force her to do things she normally wouldn't.

Assuming the mind games don't get the better of Rousey (and I don't think they will), I can see Rousey ending this one early.

rousey has the ability to end it early but claims she wants to drag it out and hurt her. that can be dangerous too, any fighter has a punchers chance,...like Weidman v silva.. every minute your in there longer than you can be is also an injury chance. end it early id say.

rousey has the ability to end it early but claims she wants to drag it out and hurt her. that can be dangerous too, any fighter has a punchers chance,...like Weidman v silva.. every minute your in there longer than you can be is also an injury chance. end it early id say.

Like Weidman? Come on now, we now know he's elite and Silva was declining at that point. Bethe shouldn't be near a title shot based on ufc form.

If Ronda had 1 arm I'd probably still back her, she's far far superior.

I agree with you but up until the toying around, silva was winning and could have ended it, most would agree on this. the shot that caught em was from acting the mick!! on the rematch, Weidman was at total comfort with his true form and not phased by a declining silva. until the leg brake, Weidman was winning easily anyway, I agree.

the point im making, silva stayed there too long and look what happened!!if ronda can, she should just demolish her in typical fashion with I think she will. take the win once it's there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I agree with you but up until the toying around, silva was winning and could have ended it, most would agree on this. the shot that caught em was from acting the mick!! on the rematch, Weidman was at total comfort with his true form and not phased by a declining silva. until the leg brake, Weidman was winning easily anyway, I agree.

the point im making, silva stayed there too long and look what happened!!if ronda can, she should just demolish her in typical fashion with I think she will. take the win once it's there!

Silva was toying around because the fight wasn't going his way - he wanted to get Weidman to over commit so he could counter him and it wasn't working. He was also losing that fight by the way.

that's one way of looking at it, I wont go off point but I didn't really see it that way at the time. You've got me wanting to have a look at it again when I go home. dinner and a re-run for me so.

all that aside, I don't see her losing this unless she goes off plan. like someone else said, her emotional investment may play a role.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The undisputed MW Champion, undefeated in his career, with 3 defenses on his record, has 2 wins over the GOAT with one being a devastating KO......... reduced to "puncher's chance". The man could beat Jon Jones at Heavyweight and still get no love.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Correia via KO/TKO
    Just wondering who would you guys like to see in against Rousey?

Off the top off my head I cannot think who would be better suited that is in the UFC and has not already fought Ronda? But admittedly I am not as current on UFC events as I used to be.

I suppose you have the story of Beth beating Ronda's friends, to add in to sell the fight.

Rousey via Decision
    Just wondering who would you guys like to see in against Rousey?

Cyborg is the ONLY one I want to see Ronda fight.....at 135. No stupid catch weight, challenger should make champions weight. Would be a cracking fight but I think Ronda still takes it, then she can retire and make millions starring in Expendables 5,6 & 7 and Fast & Furious 8, 9, 10 & F&F Remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Cyborg is the ONLY one I want to see Ronda fight.....at 145. No stupid catch weight, challenger should make champions weight. Would be a cracking fight but I think Ronda still takes it, then she can retire and make millions starring in Expendables 5,6 & 7 and Fast & Furious 8, 9, 10 & F&F Remake.
    Ronda is 135...

Rousey via Decision
    Ronda is 135...

Woops, listening to an MMA podcast at the moment and they keep saying 145 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Correia via KO/TKO
    Cat Zingano with a cooler head on her shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I still think Ronda smashes everybody. She's just way too good. I'm not saying she's unbeatable because nobody is, but she's better than everyone else out there.

• Advertisement

Tate's probably the only ufc fighter who could last over a round and its only because she's so tough. Cat has always been a slow starter sadly. Nunes could potentially last more than a couple of minutes, she was beating up Cat pretty good for the first 2 rounds.

Advertisement